Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 403, 404, 405 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
I'm going to a coworker's house for DC/Rumble 2. I only got into MMA/UFC a couple of years ago, but this seems like a great matchup (after I watched the first fight last night). I want Rumble to win, and I think he can if he does not throw any kicks (leaving him vulnerable to a take-down). DC has already proven he can wear Rumble down quickly with wrestling and take-downs. I think DC will win again though. He seems way too strong and well conditioned.

Also, who do you guys have for GSP/Bisping?

I know I'm opening myself up to be eviscerated by I can't help but find myself hoping Bisping wins, other-worldly douchiness and all. That way, he gets what's coming to him against Romero and GSP gets the facial for cherry-picking the easiest path to a title.

I really wanted Bisping to have to give Romero a title shot too, until I saw that fight where Romero took his sweet time coming back in the ring

Yeah, Romero has been caught pissing hot and has also had some super shady between round tactics going on. No doubt. But I still think he works Bisping (as most of of the division's current top 10) either way.

I just kind of want to see GSP fall on his face. Good drama.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
I'm going to a coworker's house for DC/Rumble 2. I only got into MMA/UFC a couple of years ago, but this seems like a great matchup (after I watched the first fight last night). I want Rumble to win, and I think he can if he does not throw any kicks (leaving him vulnerable to a take-down). DC has already proven he can wear Rumble down quickly with wrestling and take-downs. I think DC will win again though. He seems way too strong and well conditioned.

I know I'm opening myself up to be eviscerated by I can't help but find myself hoping Bisping wins, other-worldly douchiness and all. That way, he gets what's coming to him against Romero and GSP gets the facial for cherry-picking the easiest path to a title.

I really wanted Bisping to have to give Romero a title shot too, until I saw that fight where Romero took his sweet time coming back in the ring

Yeah, Romero has been caught pissing hot and has also had some super shady between round tactics going on. No doubt. But I still think he works Bisping (as most of of the division's current top 10) either way.

True true. GSP needs to lose to make things interesting.

I really wanna see Conor vs Ferguson or Khabib (Khabib ain't happening though until Conor loses or Khabib wins more fights to get his rep back)

Also, I now consider myself a casual fan of MMA so I picked a favorite fighter: Tyron Woodley. I love Jon Jone's fighter style and I think he is the GOAT, but he's got issues out of the ring. I also love Silva, but he's up there in age. Those are my fav 3, but overall I like Woodley the most at the moment. MY own personal fighting style is most similar to Rumble though. Stamina issues and all lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

True true. GSP needs to lose to make things interesting.

I really wanna see Conor vs Ferguson or Khabib (Khabib ain't happening though until Conor loses or Khabib wins more fights to get his rep back)

Also, I now consider myself a casual fan of MMA so I picked a favorite fighter: Tyron Woodley. I love Jon Jone's fighter style and I think he is the GOAT, but he's got issues out of the ring. I also love Silva, but he's up there in age. Those are my fav 3, but overall I like Woodley the most at the moment. MY own personal fighting style is most similar to Rumble though. Stamina issues and all lol

Just got into the sport two years ago myself. My favorite thing about it is how real the fighters are, how real their interviews are.. Then watching them have to back up who they are in the ring. It's such a cool dynamic that you don't see in any other major sport - these guys are allowed to say how they really feel, and be who they really are.

I can get invested in any decent fight just from watching guys interviews/embedded's and seeing who they are as people, and picking who I want to win from that.
Plus watching old fights that were before my fandom is great too. Vid.me has most fights posted! it's like a raw version of youtube.

Super excited for DC/Rumble. And I think I'm rooting for Weidman to win vs. Mussasi
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Just got into the sport two years ago myself. My favorite thing about it is how real the fighters are, how real their interviews are.. Then watching them have to back up who they are in the ring. It's such a cool dynamic that you don't see in any other major sport - these guys are allowed to say how they really feel, and be who they really are.

I can get invested in any decent fight just from watching guys interviews/embedded's and seeing who they are as people, and picking who I want to win from that.
Plus watching old fights that were before my fandom is great too. Vid.me has most fights posted! it's like a raw version of youtube.

Super excited for DC/Rumble. And I think I'm rooting for Weidman to win vs. Mussasi

That's so true. The fighters don't have to project any corporate image. They only have to show how they want to be marketed.

I love watching old fights too thanks for the link KiROE!

Did you know Mussasi fought Mark Hunt in some mma league in Japan? I saw that vid while messing around on youtube yesterday lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

cormier almost missed weight lol

also did yall see him use the towel trick? hahaha
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

That's so true. The fighters don't have to project any corporate image. They only have to show how they want to be marketed.

I love watching old fights too thanks for the link KiROE!

Did you know Mussasi fought Mark Hunt in some mma league in Japan? I saw that vid while messing around on youtube yesterday lol

Mark Hunt was the man over there in his prime. Along with Overeem on steriods --- their rematch last month was fun.

But ya, vid.me , tons of fights! I'll link some good ones
Here's Weidman vs. Rockhold for the belt, good fight. Rockhold's one of my fave's
https://vid.me/qTQx pt. 1
https://vid.me/gNcV pt. 2
https://vid.me/AGDl pt. 3
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject:

It also just registered with me when you said Mousasi beat Hunt..... That's crazy. I gotta watch that right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
It also just registered with me when you said Mousasi beat Hunt..... That's crazy. I gotta watch that right now

The dude probably has more pro fights under his belt at 31 than anyone in the MMA game at the same age. His resume is eye-popping.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

The dude probably has more pro fights under his belt at 31 than anyone in the MMA game at the same age. His resume is eye-popping.

That's right, he's the seasoned 31 year old. His striking has been so impressive of late. Both the main and co-main are going to be a battle of conflicting styles. Very interesting
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject:

Another interesting aspect to think about is - Cornier is coming off a serious leg injury , this could be part of the reason why he practically missed weight. Maybe he can't run/train quite like he wants - maybe his conditioning won't be so much better than Rumble's in the later rounds
Just a thought (becuase fighters always point to injury for missing weight and conditioning issues)
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Repeat of the first fight. Co-main ended terribly. Will DC fight Jon Jones next?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Repeat of the first fight. Co-main ended terribly. Will DC fight Jon Jones next?

yes. can't. wait.

hopefully July
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject:

Moose got robbed btw.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject:

Quite disappointed in the card. Ref blew the Weidman fight, then the main was boring too.

Shame about Rumble retiring, was hoping he would KO DC. Hated DC post fight too, his speech was obnoxious, and trash talking Manuwa then Jones.

Can't wait for Jones to beat the brakes off of him

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise

Last edited by Moses on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Quite disappointed in the card. Ref blew the Weidman fight, then the main was boring too.

yup. Next Weekends card is actually deeper..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yeah he just moved up in the ranks me thinks. Would love to see him fight Jones or DC

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Moses wrote:

Yeah, not disappointed I didn't watch live lol.

Whose fighting this weekend?
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

Shame about Rumble retiring, was hoping he would KO DC. Hated DC post fight too, his speech was obnoxious, and trash talking Manuwa then Jones.

Can't wait for Jones to beat the brakes off of him

DC is a lot more real, and carries himself with far more class that than idiot Jones.

I think Jones beats DC in a match. Dana will either feed him to DC right away, or more than likely, give Jones a softball 1st match up and then make the rematch with DC.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yeah he just moved up in the ranks me thinks. Would love to see him fight Jones or DC

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Moses wrote:

Demetrious Johnson the p4p #1, fighting a good opponent. http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-kansas-city-2017?f1=Demetrious-Johnson&f2=Wilson-Reis
And then a really good chick fight, Jacre Souza is a real contender at middleweight.. Then Stephen's fight, he's exciting. And a good headliner on the prelims with Roy Nelson and Volkov
Bunch of fights I'm interested in, and I usually don't love these non PPV cards
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Moses wrote:

Demetrious Johnson the p4p #1, fighting a good opponent. http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-kansas-city-2017?f1=Demetrious-Johnson&f2=Wilson-Reis
And then a really good chick fight, Jacre Souza is a real contender at middleweight.. Then Stephen's fight, he's exciting. And a good headliner on the prelims with Roy Nelson and Volkov
Bunch of fights I'm interested in, and I usually don't love these non PPV cards

oh snap mighty mouse! And that's the girl from instagram!

Thanks KiROE, if I'm in the house on Sat I know what I'm watching lol
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

Rumble with the worst game plan since David decided to face Goliath armed with only 5 stones and a sling shot. But, unlike David, there was no Divine Intervention for Johnson.

Bummer about the Mousasi/Weidman ending but apparently, it was a legal knee so that should end the need for a rematch since Weidman didn't even know what month it was when the ref inquired. But Chris is still filing an appeal and pining for another go.

Not the best streak of UFC events.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Rumble with the worst game plan since David decided to face Goliath armed with only 5 stones and a sling shot. But, unlike David, there was no Divine Intervention for Johnson.

Bummer about the Mousasi/Weidman ending but apparently, it was a legal knee so that should end the need for a rematch since Weidman didn't even know what month it was when the ref inquired. But Chris is still filing an appeal and pining for another go.

Seriously. Why would he try to wrestle him? Smh. And he kept throwing leg kicks that DC was bound to catch and use for the take down. Patient striking and sprawling any take downs is what Rumble needed to win. If I was his coach I would have told him to not throw two kicks in a row or in rhythm. He should just out struck him & if he couldn't get the KO he would have won the decision. I don't think Rumble is patient enough. Oh well. He'll be back if his NFL career washes up.

And Weidman deserves it if the accusations are true. He purposely tried to get his hands down so that Mousasi would get DQ'd. Just try to win the fight fair & square don't try to find a loop hole.

I think Gegard deserves a title shot. Maybe if DC wants another fight if there's a lull with Jones
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

People saying Rumble threw the fight

Gotta say there's some smoke there so a fire wouldn't surprise me
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/anthony-johnson/anthony-johnsons-coach-opens-ufc-210-gameplan-fiasco/

this don't look good. Sounds like Rumble was done with fighting already
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I think it was mmadigest on YouTube that played the audio from the corner of Rumble. At one point, Hooft spoke to one of the other coaches and was like, "I'm done talking. You say something." They were just perplexed and resigned themselves to being helpless against the stonewalling Johnson. Seems like he just decided to cash in while preserving his health in preparation for his next career step.

I stopped watching boxing almost a decade ago because of all the nonsense that continually surrounds it. Hate to see the same stuff arising here.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

yea, it's been rough. They overbooked the end of the year cards, plus some bad luck. Next PPV is really good though
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 403, 404, 405 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 404 of 499
Jump to: