United Airlines Force Customer Off Plane Due to Overbooking
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: United Airlines Force Customer Off Plane Due to Overbooking

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2017/04/10/video-shows-man-forcibly-removed-united-flight-chicago-louisville/100274374/

Yikes, just for over booking. If he didn't volunteer to leave, why was he removed?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject:

Is this legal?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

He was removed because he wouldn't leave. Not that that is right. At all.

Basically, they asked for volunteers. Offered $400. No one bit. Then upped it to $800. Still no one bit.

So they used a computer to select passengers for removal. This guy did not comply.

Totally effed up.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

Same airline that kicks people of the flight for clothing choices? Why does anyone fly with them?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

He was a doctor needing to fly home to see patients. So instead of engaging in further conversation (or upping the compensation to get someone else to volunteer) they knocked him out and dragged him down the aisle to the horror of other passengers. I hope he sues their asses off. And I guess it's a total coincidence that he's a person of color (Asian). I'll never fly United again. We don't live in a (bleep) police state. Yet.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

Revised United seating chart:

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

United is the WORST airlines. I have never NOT had an issue with them.

They once lost my luggage and took over a month to get it back to me, but had their automated system call me literally five times a day to update me on the status of my luggage, which was that it wasn't found yet. Every day. I had to block their number because it got so annoying.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

$800 just got upped to probably 2 or 3 million?

they are going down fast ... the ineptitude and lack of intelligence on behalf of that GIGANTIC Corporation who needs to learn a BIG lesson...

Really United is first at fault for letting the passengers board the plane...

Then when they found out THEY (bleep) up after the fact.. those 4 seats .. if for crew.. should have never been left available....

So, if it was my company and we were the ones that (bleep) up.. either tell the passengers you completely understand $800 is not enough.. let them know you love them and appreciate their trust in choosing United and wish them a wonderful flight...

Then I put my employees on one way flight immediately.. eat a few grand in express shipping fees for my employees to get there LOL

and everyone is happy

This corporation thinks they are in a fascist country or that they are too big to give a (bleep).. Forcibly removing people you YOU gave a seat to AND LET BOARD??

I would love to be this judge..

Felony assault charges?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tyler Bridges recalled trouble starting almost as soon as he and his wife boarded.

An airline supervisor walked onto the plane and brusquely announced: “We have United employees that need to fly to Louisville tonight. … This flight’s not leaving until four people get off.”

“That rubbed some people the wrong way,” Bridges said.

Passengers were offered vouchers to rebook, he said, but no one volunteered.

So the airline chose for them.

A young couple was told to leave first, Bridges recalled. “They begrudgingly got up and left,” he said.

Then an older man, who refused.

“He says, ‘Nope. I’m not getting off the flight. I’m a doctor and have to see patients tomorrow morning,'” Bridges said.

The man became angry as the manager persisted, Bridges said, eventually yelling. “He said, more or less, ‘I’m being selected because I’m Chinese.'”

A police officer boarded. Then a second and a third.

Bridges then began recording, as did another passenger — as the officers leaned over the man, a lone holdout in his window seat.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

Were they police or TSA Fakes

I couldn't read the badges

What I so MISS about Obama.. He may even speak about something like this to the people or at least address it..

Indians get shot and killed
A terrorist murders people in a mosque

Trump dont give a (bleep).. he is the Honeybadger President
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

How about you don't overbook flights in the first place, you (bleep) morons? I saw this same desperate "We'll pay you $400 to fly on a different day" so many times while flying between New York and California. In fact, there wasn't a single time flying back during December that I did NOT see this happen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

I didn't even read the whole article.. wtf bizarro world

He was allowed back on the plane with his face all bloody and ran to the back of it with blood on his face??

I think this is a better payout than most all mma fights

Quote:
The man was able to get back on the plane after initially being taken off – his face was bloody and he seemed disoriented, Bridges said, and he ran to the back of the plane. Passengers asked to get off the plane as a medical crew came on to deal with the passenger, she said, and passengers were then told to go back to the gate so that officials could "tidy up" the plane before taking off.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
How about you don't overbook flights in the first place, you (bleep) morons? I saw this same desperate "We'll pay you $400 to fly on a different day" so many times while flying between New York and California. In fact, there wasn't a single time flying back during December that I did NOT see this happen.

All airlines overbook flights. If they didn't they would lose money.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

They actually didn't overbook paying customers in this case. They wanted to kick off 4 paying customers so 4 United employees could take their seats.

#WorstCustomerRelationsEver
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

The government should just nationalize them.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

the cheapest airlines are almost always the worst (e.g., Delta, United, etc.). not surprised at all
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
They actually didn't overbook paying customers in this case. They wanted to kick off 4 paying customers so 4 United employees could take their seats.

#WorstCustomerRelationsEver

Whoever made the decision to forcibly remove passengers needs led out the front gate.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
When asked why the airline had the man forcibly removed, and whether that was standard procedure in cases of overbooked flights, United refused to comment.

Instead they told BuzzFeed News all further questions should be referred to Chicago Police. BuzzFeed News contacted Chicago Police and were told to contact the Chicago Department of Aviation. When BuzzFeed News contacted the Chicago Department of Aviation they were transferred to a TSA message bank. A TSA spokesperson later told BuzzFeed News they were not involved and to contact Chicago Police.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for this.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
the cheapest airlines are almost always the worst (e.g., Delta, United, etc.). not surprised at all

If you are paying rock bottom prices to fly, don't expect luxury service. The number of people they pack into an economy class cabin, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. You are literally being treated like cattle.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

If you are paying rock bottom prices to fly, don't expect luxury service. The number of people they pack into an economy class cabin, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. You are literally being treated like cattle.

I fly Southwest all the time and nothing like this has ever happened. They overbook quite often, but there's always enough people that take the vouchers.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
When asked why the airline had the man forcibly removed, and whether that was standard procedure in cases of overbooked flights, United refused to comment.

Instead they told BuzzFeed News all further questions should be referred to Chicago Police. BuzzFeed News contacted Chicago Police and were told to contact the Chicago Department of Aviation. When BuzzFeed News contacted the Chicago Department of Aviation they were transferred to a TSA message bank. A TSA spokesperson later told BuzzFeed News they were not involved and to contact Chicago Police.

They will all soon me named as co-defendants when that doctor gets off the phone with his lawyer.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

They will all soon me named as co-defendants when that doctor gets off the phone with his lawyer.

I am sure that is why he got let back on the plane too

They didn't pick a bumkin or inner city folk who may not know their rights

I can just imagine his RAGE when he awakened after they knocked him unconscious just for a seat on a plane...

I hope he donates all the money he gets to fighting police corruption.. if those were cops>>??wow.. talk about truth to the fact they don't hire smart people.....
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

I can just imagine his RAGE when he awakened after they knocked him unconscious just for a seat on a plane...

I hope he donates all the money he gets to fighting police corruption.. if those were cops>>??wow.. talk about truth to the fact they don't hire smart people.....

They actually didn't let him back on the plane on purpose and they removed him again (while the plane was emptied and cleaned up after the altercation).
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

The government should just nationalize them.

Knowing how bad they run the DMV, Social Security offices, it probably won't be an improvement.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

They actually didn't let him back on the plane on purpose and they removed him again (while the plane was emptied and cleaned up after the altercation).

Oh snap! thank you for clarifying that for me.

I thought he was "allowed" back on.. what a nightmare..

I wonder how his family and friends feel seeing him knocked unconscious and dragged from a plane for a seat...

I admit I do stupid (bleep) but you couldn't get me to lay hands on a passenger just so the company that owns airplanes can give your seat to an employee.. AFTER they already let you on..

I can't understand..comprehend how any human made the decision to drag a passenger from a plane unless terrorist threat or life threatening emergency
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: