Official Tyler Ennis Thread....He was Waived today (6/28)!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
I really don't see many people offering anything that wouldn't allow us to sign him if we wanted to.

You'll be surprised. $3m isn't that unreasonable (and we wouldn't be able to beat that offer).
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
I really don't see many people offering anything that wouldn't allow us to sign him if we wanted to.

You'll be surprised. $3m isn't that unreasonable (and we wouldn't be able to beat that offer).

He is gone.

Since he is here this semi-scrub somewhat outplayed our praised guards with his efficiency and effort despite the clear lack of talent. Someone is going to show him the money.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

if we lose ennis i'm targeting london perrantes as a SL signee or monte morris in the 2nd for that backup PG spot.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

He is gone.

Since he is here this semi-scrub somewhat outplayed our praised guards with his efficiency and effort despite the clear lack of talent. Someone is going to show him the money.

Still kickin' on the way out, huh? If Ennis had played like how he did in the last 2 weeks, he wouldn't be on his 4th nba team. There's a reason why DLo/JC are seen in a much better light than Ennis. He's had many chances and good for him, he played well for 2-3 weeks b/f he hits UFA.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I think it would be in his best interest to stay with the Lakers. A new team may offer a little more money but he could end up in another "Houston situation."
At least here he has an idea where he stands in LA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
I think it would be in his best interest to stay with the Lakers. A new team may offer a little more money but he could end up in another "Houston situation."

Well, depends on the draft and FA.

if we draft Fultz/Ball, likely pushes JC back to "PG" on the bench.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Well, depends on the draft and FA.

if we draft Fultz/Ball, likely pushes JC back to "PG" on the bench.

honestly, it'd be better to push JC back to SG on the bench and let Ennis be the bench PG. That'd take away some of JC's tendency to use the entire possession without ever passing - and since Ennis is kind of a pass first PG, it'd probably get the ball to other people in better positions to score than JC does
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

It depends on that little more money and the length. He has not gotten any contract yet since his rookie scale, so if team offered 3 mil in 3 years, he's a goner.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Came off as really positive in the exit interview and said he'll attack the summer workouts. I wonder if he plays in the summer league? At 22, it's not a far cry to say he'll be a better player next season. I'm guessing he stays... at least until they find someone better (either through the draft or free agency). Also loved the chemistry Ennis, Nance, Ingram developed during the last stretch of the season. Felt like something that was next to non-existent last year.

And Luke winning with guys Ennis, Nwaba, Brewer, TRob, Black is some Dave Joerger Memphis Grizzles (bleep). Going all in on defensive line-ups is how the Grizzles survived w/ so many injuries last season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

Ennis fits what Luke wants to do, provided he continues to be able to hit the three. He's a smart player who will shoot, attack, or pass, and when he attacks, has good vision. He's like a lower impact dlo in that he's sneaky skillful while not being overtly athletic.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

We need to keep Ennis for when we eventually trade JC. If we can get even 75% of the production of JC for only a fraction of JC's contract, you have to do it. Even if it's a gamble, it wouldn't be an expensive one. If $3M is what it takes to keep him, I'd do it.

People were ecstatic over signing JC to a $12.5M per year contract as if it was some bargain. I didn't agree then and now after a full season I feel more strongly about it. It's more in the "fair to slight overpay" range. Ennis is even 2 years younger than JC. The fanbase seems to be penny wise, pound foolish.

If FO wants to be aggressive, I think JC and Randle should be moved this summer. They both have value but Randle will not be worth what he is due to get. Ennis will be a nice backup. It seems he has found the right fit for his game to flourish.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
We need to keep Ennis for when we eventually trade JC. If we can get even 75% of the production of JC for only a fraction of JC's contract, you have to do it. Even if it's a gamble, it wouldn't be an expensive one. If $3M is what it takes to keep him, I'd do it.

People were ecstatic over signing JC to a $12.5M per year contract as if it was some bargain. I didn't agree then and now after a full season I feel more strongly about it. It's more in the "fair to slight overpay" range. Ennis is even 2 years younger than JC. The fanbase seems to be penny wise, pound foolish.

If FO wants to be aggressive, I think JC and Randle should be moved this summer. They both have value but Randle will not be worth what he is due to get. Ennis will be a nice backup. It seems he has found the right fit for his game to flourish.

I tend to agree. I think Clarkson is a borderline starter and Rsndle may be a future near star or star, but they don't fit stylistically.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

I see him taking 5 mil for 2 years with the Lakers, with the 2nd year a player option.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I tend to agree. I think Clarkson is a borderline starter and Rsndle may be a future near star or star, but they don't fit stylistically.

Agree. I think JC is pretty close to his ceiling. He's a serviceable player, just a bit too ball dominant for what we're trying to run. His porous defense is what prevents him from being a starter in this league. It's a similar situation to Monta Ellis in Golden State. Got a 2nd round steal, but I think time to move on. Ennis can step into JC's role right away, at a much cheaper contract and 2 years younger.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I see him taking 5 mil for 2 years with the Lakers, with the 2nd year a player option.

He'd get a raise from about $1.6M per year to $2.5M per year with the option to opt out for more if he outperforms. Sounds like a good opportunity for him on a make-good contract. Would work for both sides. If we get Westbrook then we can just let him walk.
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

Ennis didn't earn a big contract for playing 20 games. He will be back next year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
Ennis didn't earn a big contract for playing 20 games. He will be back next year.

If we can get Livingston or Deron Williams on a decent contract then there is no point bringing Ennis back unless he wants to be the 3rd string.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:

If we can get Livingston or Deron Williams on a decent contract then there is no point bringing Ennis back unless he wants to be the 3rd string.

Livingston... yes, much better than Ennis
Deron, I'm not sure, I think Ennis might have a chance to be better than current Deron (he's 22)
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:

Deron, I'm not sure, I think Ennis might have a chance to be better than current Deron (he's 22)

I rather stick to the youth movement and go with Ennis over those guys.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Ennis was 39% from three during his time with the Lakers will he be able to keep that up next year if he resgisn?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:

I rather stick to the youth movement and go with Ennis over those guys.

Livingston will be 32 when next season starts. Don't really see the point of signing him for the bench. He's the kind of player you'd love to add when you have a championship core in place. Ennis is a decade younger and a better shooter.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Ennis was 39% from three during his time with the Lakers will he be able to keep that up next year if he resgisn?

31 games with Houston: 37.5%
22 games with L.A.: 39%

season average: 38.6%

Both teams spread the floor, so I think it's safe to look at the entire season average as an indicator. He seemed to pick up our offense pretty quickly, so I think he can definitely keep it in the high 30's as he learns our sets even better.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Agree. I think JC is pretty close to his ceiling. He's a serviceable player, just a bit too ball dominant for what we're trying to run. His porous defense is what prevents him from being a starter in this league. It's a similar situation to Monta Ellis in Golden State. Got a 2nd round steal, but I think time to move on. Ennis can step into JC's role right away, at a much cheaper contract and 2 years younger.

JC is a much better player than Ennis, and his contract is still considered a value around the league.....that is why so many teams call about him. I think Ennis has played well, and I am not opposed to moving Clarkson if it improves the team, but I am not moving Clarkson because I feel Tyler Ennis can fill his shoes....because at this point, he simply can't.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

31 games with Houston: 37.5%
22 games with L.A.: 39%

season average: 38.6%

Both teams spread the floor, so I think it's safe to look at the entire season average as an indicator. He seemed to pick up our offense pretty quickly, so I think he can definitely keep it in the high 30's as he learns our sets even better.

he rarely played in Houston and only made six 3 pointers this year while a Rocket.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject:

The best argument for Ennis is his comps as a backup PG....his per 36 numbers with the Lakers are very similar to Patty Mills who is considered a very good backup.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 22 of 38
Jump to: