Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 404, 405, 406 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Rumble with the worst game plan since David decided to face Goliath armed with only 5 stones and a sling shot. But, unlike David, there was no Divine Intervention for Johnson.

Bummer about the Mousasi/Weidman ending but apparently, it was a legal knee so that should end the need for a rematch since Weidman didn't even know what month it was when the ref inquired. But Chris is still filing an appeal and pining for another go.

Not the best streak of UFC events.

yea, it's been rough. They overbooked the end of the year cards, plus some bad luck. Next PPV is really good though

Khabib pulling out was a killer. I do love me some tiramisu as well lol

We'll see how they bounce back.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
People saying Rumble threw the fight

Gotta say there's some smoke there so a fire wouldn't surprise me

More likely he already had one foot out the door and wasn't 100% in it (see a certain former OKC Thunder). I know he's known for being a knock-out artist but the reality is, Rumble grew up as a wrestler for decades. When you're not completely focused, you'll revert back to your instincts (that goes for anything in life).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
People saying Rumble threw the fight

Gotta say there's some smoke there so a fire wouldn't surprise me

More likely he already had one foot out the door and wasn't 100% in it (see a certain former OKC Thunder). I know he's known for being a knock-out artist but the reality is, Rumble grew up as a wrestler for decades. When you're not completely focused, you'll revert back to your instincts (that goes for anything in life).

couldn't agree more. His mind was already set on retirement.

I wonder what he's gonna do for the Rams?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

If the Jones DC fight does happen, does anybody think Jones should take a tune-up fight first?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
If the Jones DC fight does happen, does anybody think Jones should take a tune-up fight first?

He should but I doubt they risk it. So much can go wrong with a tune up fight for Jones.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:

He should but I doubt they risk it. So much can go wrong with a tune up fight for Jones.

true true

If Jones does a tune up I would like to see Cormier fight mousasi in the mean time. I think Gegard can win
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:

true true

If Jones does a tune up I would like to see Cormier fight mousasi in the mean time. I think Gegard can win

Yeah, I doubt they make Bones jump through any hoops. Just no way they risk having more of a time lapse between the fight given all that's already (and could yet still) go wrong. I think DC probably prefers the rematch right away. I mean DC's getting up there and his best chance for a victory may be while he's still sharp and Jones is going to have as much ring rust as he's ever going to.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:

true true

Yeah, I doubt they make Bones jump through any hoops. Just no way they risk having more of a time lapse between the fight given all that's already (and could yet still) go wrong. I think DC probably prefers the rematch right away. I mean DC's getting up there and his best chance for a victory may be while he's still sharp and Jones is going to have as much ring rust as he's ever going to.

No doubt. Cuz Jones didn't look completely like his normal self against OSP
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:

true true

Mousasi has 0% chance of beating D.C. at LHW. I love Grgard he can definitely win the MW title but he will get rag dolled by Cormier
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:

true true

Mousasi has 0% chance of beating D.C. at LHW. I love Grgard he can definitely win the MW title but he will get rag dolled by Cormier

Most likely that's true but I give him a chance. He said himself he accepted a fight against Cormier before but it fell through (DC got hurt IIRC). And he's fought Mark Hunt who outweighed him, although obviously DC is a much better fighter than Hunt.

Plus DC isn't getting any younger. I'd love to see what Mousasi could do
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Bisping needs to stop holding up the MW belt. He's clearly ducking Mousasi, Jacare, and Romero. All 3 of them would beat Bisping's ass.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:

true true

Most likely that's true but I give him a chance. He said himself he accepted a fight against Cormier before but it fell through (DC got hurt IIRC). And he's fought Mark Hunt who outweighed him, although obviously DC is a much better fighter than Hunt.

I'll grant the age thing but man...DC dumped Barnett on his head. He rag dolled Dan Henderson like I would my 8 year old niece . Guy is an ogre.

Mousasi is game as all hell though, that's for sure.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:

true true

I'll grant the age thing but man...DC dumped Barnett on his head. He rag dolled Dan Henderson like I would my 8 year old niece . Guy is an ogre.

I think thats why DC doesn't move up to heavyweight. Can't ragdoll people as easily
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I think Reis has a legit shot to win tomorrow...... Mighty Mouse' last fight did not inspire confidence. Reis is a tank and trains with Cruz.. hmmm..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

The fox app lets you stream live for 1 hr. Gonna keep streaming to watch tonight lol
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
22 wrote:

true true

I think thats why DC doesn't move up to heavyweight. Can't ragdoll people as easily

He started his career at heavyweight. He moved down because his buddy/training partner Cain was the champ (a la Machida/Anderson never fighting each other despite a everyone begging for that superfight years ago).
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Amaaaaazing DJ. Really good card
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yeah.

Oh and Robert (bleep) Whittacker. Holy hell, he smoked Jacare. The setup for that kick...Think Jacare's jaw might be broken. Early stoppage imo but I don't think it would have mattered.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yeah.

Oh and Robert (bleep) Whittacker. Holy hell, he smoked Jacare. The setup for that kick...Think Jacare's jaw might be broken. Early stoppage imo but I don't think it would have mattered.

Whitacker, Thug Rose, Dj - all brilllliant performances, awesome to watch

Brian Stann said Jacre was wobbly standing up after the stoppage, so I think it was good. It was awkward timing, but Jacre was cooked -- 3rd time he got rocked in that fight
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yeah.

Whitacker, Thug Rose, Dj - all brilllliant performances, awesome to watch

Brian Stann said Jacre was wobbly standing up after the stoppage, so I think it was good. It was awkward timing, but Jacre was cooked -- 3rd time he got rocked in that fight

Rose's head kick. Jaysis....
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject:

Love me some Rose.

She fought that freak of nature (when it comes to pain tolerance) Kowalkiewicz gallantly during her last loss but I do want to keep this win in perspective as Waterson was a bit overhyped coming into this fight simply because she showed out against the other UFC darling Vanzant.

But it was still an impressive win nonetheless. I just dig her understated and unheralded skill set as it's mixed with a very passionate and businesslike approach to the game.

And big ups to Whitaker. He made Jaccare look pedestrian. Dude just signed an 8 fight deal too. Rob's like "Give me 16!!"

Mighty is a freak. He's cleaned out the division.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Love me some Rose.

She fought that freak of nature (when it comes to pain tolerance) Kowalkiewicz gallantly during her last loss but I do want to keep this win in perspective as Waterson was a bit overhyped coming into this fight simply because she showed out against the other UFC darling Vanzant.

But it was still an impressive win nonetheless. I just dig her understated and unheralded skill set as it's mixed with a very passionate and businesslike approach to the game.

And big ups to Whitaker. He made Jaccare look pedestrian. Dude just signed an 8 fight deal too. Rob's like "Give me 16!!"

Mighty is a freak. He's cleaned out the division.

That is crazy right. Has Jacare been that wack on the feet in the last couple years? I only remember his fight against Romero, when he was on the Conor/Aldo card

Whitiker vs. Rockhold is probably next. I'm a Rockhold fan, and Whitiker's striking kind of makes me nervous, just because Luke's lazy boxing defense got exposed last fight. Rockhold is truly probably a better striker than Whitiker, but that lazy D, I'm still concerned about that.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

That is crazy right. Has Jacare been that wack on the feet in the last couple years? I only remember his fight against Romero, when he was on the Conor/Aldo card

Whitiker vs. Rockhold is probably next. I'm a Rockhold fan, and Whitiker's striking kind of makes me nervous, just because Luke's lazy boxing defense got exposed last fight. Rockhold is truly probably a better striker than Whitiker, but that lazy D, I'm still concerned about that.

On the surface, that would appear to be an easy fix. Dude just got so freaking cocksure. It certainly appeared he really thought he was invincible heading into the Bisping match and you know what's written about exalting one's self. Massive humbling. You'd have to think he won't make that mistake again. Especially against someone who just walked right through one of the most dangerous and avoided fighters in the division.

I'd love to see Rockhold/Whitaker sort things out in the octagon.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

On the surface, that would appear to be an easy fix. Dude just got so freaking cocksure. It certainly appeared he really thought he was invincible heading into the Bisping match and you know what's written about exalting one's self. Massive humbling. You'd have to think he won't make that mistake again. Especially against someone who just walked right through one of the most dangerous and avoided fighters in the division.

I'd love to see Rockhold/Whitaker sort things out in the octagon.

Yea, the lack of respect for Bisping was certainly the biggest factor in that defensive lapse - hopefully it's not a long term problem.
And Rockhold texted Hawani that he wants Whitaker!
Quote:
Ariel Helwani‏Verified account @arielhelwani 22h22 hours ago
Former middleweight champion @LukeRockhold just reached out to me to say he's down to fight Robert Whittaker at UFC 213 on July 8.

gimmie dat!
My boy needs to get on his way to gettin his belt back!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Really impressed with rose. That was a savage leg kick!!

And we're spoiled by DJ now. We just expect him to win every time. Would love to see him fight the winner of Cody/dillashaw
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 404, 405, 406 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 405 of 499
Jump to: