United Airlines Force Customer Off Plane Due to Overbooking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

You also have tonask yourself why United had to get four crew to Kentucky asap or lose a flight, and why that not only didn't occur to them well ahead of the flight in question, but why it didnt occur to them until after they had boarded it. Then we can get to being too greedy to even offer the max compensation.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
You also have tonask yourself why United had to get four crew to Kentucky asap or lose a flight, and why that not only didn't occur to them well ahead of the flight in question, but why it didnt occur to them until after they had boarded it. Then we can get to being too greedy to even offer the max compensation.

It's United. This is the way they've always been. They don't view customers as people. They view them as nuisances. Houston used to be a Continental hub, but then United bought Continental. Make no mistake, Continental was far from a perfect airline. Nonetheless, you could see the degradation in service as the Continental culture was replaced by the United culture. The environment with United is just plain oppressive.

I have to go to the Sacramento area next month on business. I was relieved to discover that I could get to Oakland on Southwest. The whole feeling at Southwest is just so different. The employees are happier, the passengers are happier, the crew is happier. Going from United to Southwest is like switching from a Russian novel to a comic book.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

BINGO!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I'm just disagreeing with the notion the employees were prioritized.

The employees were prioritized. Duh. United wasn't doing it out of altruism. United was doing it for its own convenience, because it had zero concern for the convenience of its customers.

No, as I said in the post above, the employees were simply a means, not the end. The end was, as you said, greater $$ in their pockets and convenience in terms of having to spend time looking for other ways to resolve the problem. And it was that $$ and time/convenience that was prioritized over the 4 passengers. The 4 employees were simply the instrument used to try to realize that $$ and time.

Putting it another way - when a company moves their manufacturing from the U.S. to China, do we say they are prioritizing China or prioritizing $$? I think most people would probably say they are prioritizing $$. I just don't think it would make a whole lot of sense to say they were prioritizing China unless the company made the move in order to appease China's wishes.

This made me laugh. Jeez, man. In your effort to deny the obvious, we're now analogizing this to foreign trade? I guess United dropped the MOASR (Mother of All Seat Reassignments) on the doctor. Sad!

Foreign trade?

Woosh.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Because they are an incompetent company.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's United. This is the way they've always been. They don't view customers as people. They view them as nuisances. Houston used to be a Continental hub, but then United bought Continental. Make no mistake, Continental was far from a perfect airline. Nonetheless, you could see the degradation in service as the Continental culture was replaced by the United culture. The environment with United is just plain oppressive.

I have to go to the Sacramento area next month on business. I was relieved to discover that I could get to Oakland on Southwest. The whole feeling at Southwest is just so different. The employees are happier, the passengers are happier, the crew is happier. Going from United to Southwest is like switching from a Russian novel to a comic book.

I felt the same way. First time flying into Houston premerge, it was bliss. The next time post merger it was horrendous even though it was still under the Continental name.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, when i used to fly a lot, united was my last choice of airline, pretty much only into Chicago(!). Alaska all the way for me.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-fiancee-kicked-united-flight-en-route-wedding-article-1.3062286

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-fiancee-kicked-united-flight-en-route-wedding-article-1.3062286

Something in the tea ain't clean. That couple is full of (bleep).
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

my guess is they were not really "forced" off the plane but choose to leave the plane instead of going to their designated seats when given the ultimatum
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I haven't gone through the thread so I apologize if these have already been used:

Did you hear the news? United is no longer offering Red Eye Flights, only Black Eye Flights.

OK, one more:

United Airlines - Board a Doctor, leave a Patient.

I will be appearing all week, just be glad LG doesn't allow me to post internet memes.

There will be no more over-booking, that's for sure
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
I haven't gone through the thread so I apologize if these have already been used:

Did you hear the news? United is no longer offering Red Eye Flights, only Black Eye Flights.

OK, one more:

I will be appearing all week, just be glad LG doesn't allow me to post internet memes.

There will be no more over-booking, that's for sure

There may be no more "re-accommodating" for a while, but over-booking will remain the standard.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Overbooking is an ingrained part (a major part) of the business model. That's not changing. But they need to keep the bumping at the gate. Things get infinitely more complicated once you allow people to board and sit down. It's a whole lot easier to not let them on than to get them off.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Hard to believe the flight crew let some guy lay down across all three seats to sleep. Prior to takeoff, flight crews are pretty strict about that since people are still boarding and the guy might be taking up seats designated for someone else. That's also why they'd have a problem with people sitting somewhere other than their designated seats while boarding. After takeoff, they tend not to care. Also, in my experience, people celebrating "special occasions" can be the most entitled (bleep) ever, especially newly weds on their honey moon. Hard to give United any benefit of the doubt, ever, but I have a hard time believing the couple's account.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

OK, one more:

10/10 dad tier jokes
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: