Lakers Raising Ticket Prices Next Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

We don't live in SoCal any longer, so tickets are no decision point for us, but Jeez. Price increases are unconscionable. Might represent the worst value in seating today, outside of New York.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
We don't live in SoCal any longer, so tickets are no decision point for us, but Jeez. Price increases are unconscionable. Might represent the worst value in seating today, outside of New York.

I should forward your comment to the Lakers lol

They emailed me to thank me as a season ticket holder so I figured I would email back my disappointment re: raising prices.

Here is part of their response ROFL. ...truly clowns with the response. And yes I still love the Lakers and the organization overall.

I studied psychology-marketing etc. and their "secondary market data" is so wrong its ridiculous. If they were truly doing secondary market analysis they would have surveyed the season ticket holders that could not even pay people to go to a game this year.

"season pricing is not solely determined by the team’s win-loss record but rather the secondary market data that the organization has been analyzing for the past 2 years. Years of secondary data have proven our pricing on season tickets were not reflective of the true value of the seats. I understand your frustration after the past few seasons but it is truly just a business decision determined by our VP and analytics team."

Can I laugh again They are nuts. There goes ANALYTICS right out the door lol
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

Value doesn't enter into the equation for the franchise.

The secondary market doesn't equate directly to fan popularity or seats filled with fans, in the short or mid-term anyway.

Large ticket agencies (brokers) can afford to absorb risk of loss from unsold tix over a much larger basis (national and multi-sport, multi-season) than would the typical sports fan chose. The Lakers enjoy narrowing that margin, at the risk of nudging out fans who might otherwise prefer buying directly from the franchise. The Buss family is saying this: we don't care who buys a seat but we just want every sliver of margin from every seat possible.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:

They emailed me to thank me as a season ticket holder so I figured I would email back my disappointment re: raising prices.

Here is part of their response ROFL. ...truly clowns with the response. And yes I still love the Lakers and the organization overall.

I studied psychology-marketing etc. and their "secondary market data" is so wrong its ridiculous. If they were truly doing secondary market analysis they would have surveyed the season ticket holders that could not even pay people to go to a game this year.

"season pricing is not solely determined by the team’s win-loss record but rather the secondary market data that the organization has been analyzing for the past 2 years. Years of secondary data have proven our pricing on season tickets were not reflective of the true value of the seats. I understand your frustration after the past few seasons but it is truly just a business decision determined by our VP and analytics team."

Data is skewed by Kobe's last season. At some point I may just give up my tickets.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

We getting PG and BG and Lonzo!

LONZO
DLO
INGRAM
PG
BLAKE

RUN N GUN
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
We getting PG and BG and Lonzo!

LONZO
DLO
INGRAM
PG
BLAKE

RUN N GUN

Sounds good to me
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:

Data is skewed by Kobe's last season. At some point I may just give up my tickets.

Received the same quote, which is not only false, but also the wrong message to send to their most loyal ticket paying fans. Hey we know we suck but dont worry, we'll maximize our profits because right now you're getting too good of a deal. From a pure business perspective I get it, but absolutely frustrating and making me seriously consider giving up my tickets.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:

Received the same quote, which is not only false, but also the wrong message to send to their most loyal ticket paying fans. Hey we know we suck but dont worry, we'll maximize our profits because right now you're getting too good of a deal. From a pure business perspective I get it, but absolutely frustrating and making me seriously consider giving up my tickets.

Funny part is they emailed me. I was never going to comment on the increase in price.

So I just had to repsond to their email. Also said their "Variable pricing per game-ticket". for next year is a stupid idea.

The season ticket holders know how to price tickets and don't need the Lakers hand holding us on how to price a ticket.

So for those who don't know.... Base price of Tickets will now have different prices depending on the game, day of week, matchup... determined by the Lakers lol.

Dumbest idea ever.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Something must be up cause 4th straight losing seasons doesn't warrant raising ticket prices..

Confident front office
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:

Funny part is they emailed me. I was never going to comment on the increase in price.

So I just had to repsond to their email. Also said their "Variable pricing per game-ticket". for next year is a stupid idea.

The season ticket holders know how to price tickets and don't need the Lakers hand holding us on how to price a ticket.

So for those who don't know.... Base price of Tickets will now have different prices depending on the game, day of week, matchup... determined by the Lakers lol.

Dumbest idea ever.

Lakers do that for single game tickets, for example they charged more for an opponent like the Cavs or the Warriors and Friday and Sunday games are more expensive than weekday games

they are actually trying to hurt season tickets holders in my opinion by trying to dictate the value on the secondary market so they can sell all their single game seats
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:

Dumbest idea ever.

Lakers do that for single game tickets, for example they charged more for an opponent like the Cavs or the Warriors and Friday and Sunday games are more expensive than weekday games

they are actually trying to hurt season tickets holders in my opinion by trying to dictate the value on the secondary market so they can sell all their single game seats

Well...value on secondary market was below $0.00 this entire season. If anyone paid high price for laker tickets this year they did not log onto ticket exchange or stubhub. Tickets were well below face value.

Not sure how many single game seats they sell and location each year? Seems like everything above and below premier seats are offered to season ticket holders? So what is left for single game seats?

Also it seems odd and frustrating that broadcaster always say "Laker game is sold out tonight:" ?!?!?! As a season ticket holder I donated lots of tickets to charity which is fine...but more than usual this year because I could not sell them so is that truly sold out?

Also I could not give tickets away this year...so is that considered sold out?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I admire you season ticket holders. I used to go to 10-12 games a season until the early 2000's when I went to see the Shaq-Kobe Lakers and they never showed up and lost to a bad team they should have killed. At that point paying for games was a thing of the past.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I admire you season ticket holders. I used to go to 10-12 games a season until the early 2000's when I went to see the Shaq-Kobe Lakers and they never showed up and lost to a bad team they should have killed. At that point paying for games was a thing of the past.

I payed a good price for Shaq Kobe games back then...before I got season tickets. I felt it was a good price.

Very different now with young team. We all hope for the best and try to continue the cause!
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I know this year had to be hell for season tickets holder but Kobe's last year had to be a jackpot
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
I know this year had to be hell for season tickets holder but Kobe's last year had to be a jackpot

Last year was not a jackpot at all.... I was able to sell more games easier...once Kobe announced, but still did not do great. Mostly face value for seats.

Of course last game was a jackpot for those that did not sell before Kobe announced. I sold the last game the August before the season started so did not get much for it. Last game of the season is usually a game you can't give away... No regrets for me, I just wanted to move the ticket... not knowing that Kobe was going to retire and wanting to move as many tickets as possible before people realized that the Lakers would suck again.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

That is exactly why I only attend playoff games.

At those prices, I need max effort.

Needless to say, I haven't attended a game lately due to my rule.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

ST holder 2 years now. Caught Kobe for his last years tickets sold easy. This year I had to go below sticker price for most games except premier cavs GSW etc. I think the tiered pricing will make the cheaper games more platable to sell for cheaper. The market dictates the final price and will finally match what will be printed on the ticket.
Re: higher prices my tickets went up 2 dollars per game section 108 row 14 in the corner. No problem for me. We live in LA. Par for the course
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Got to pay the Magic Man his $$. He's not doing this Pro Bono.
Frank The Tank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
You could barely give a ticket away this year

I'll take one for the team and take any tickets anybody wants to give away.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I had a coworker who had season tickets right behind one of the baskets who never looked to profit and just sold the tickets he couldn't use at face value (iirc it was like 150 or so per ticket), which was awesome. I used to go to a dozen games myself with a buddy every year as a result. As I got older and I got better TVs with larger screens and HD, I just lost interest in going to live games and paying crazy money for alcohol and food from the conscession stands and fighting traffic and the crowds. Just way easier and more relaxing to watch at home. I don't know how season ticket holders find the energy to go to that many home games, and echo your admiration.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I had a coworker who had season tickets right behind one of the baskets who never looked to profit and just sold the tickets he couldn't use at face value (iirc it was like 150 or so per ticket), which was awesome. I used to go to a dozen games myself with a buddy every year as a result. As I got older and I got better TVs with larger screens and HD, I just lost interest in going to live games and paying crazy money for alcohol and food from the conscession stands and fighting traffic and the crowds. Just way easier and more relaxing to watch at home. I don't know how season ticket holders find the energy to go to that many home games, and echo your admiration.

Not looking to turn a profit.... I am also just doing it to enjoy some games each year. Its obviously below break even at the moment. Less and less people are willing to even pay face value, but if the Lakers improve then I hope some folks will go to games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: