The Knicks willl be absolute monster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Who is going to trade for Melo? His production is just going to fall off even more. I can see another Brooklyn Nets situation where they are robbed of future assets.

Clippers are the only team that makes sense here, imo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Who is going to trade for Melo? His production is just going to fall off even more. I can see another Brooklyn Nets situation where they are robbed of future assets.

Clippers are the only team that makes sense here, imo.

They gotta do somethin..
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Porzingis skipped out on his Exit Interview.

Phil also stated that he believes KP isn't ready to be 'the man.'

Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:

As a said before best trade for both parties is a trade with Jazz for Favors.

With Melo at PF Utah wont have the spacing problem when they had Favors at PF and with Hill-Hood-Hayward-Gobert core they can hide Melo at defence. At offense Melo can be their go to guy which they lack.

As for Knicks Favors would be good fit next to Porz because unlike Gobert Porz can shoot. Favors is 25 so there isnt much age gap with Porz. Also they can pick a guard like Monk, Fox or Smith at draft which will be set their core.

Saying all of that the obvious problem is Melo wont wanna live in Utah an wont wanna play at PF. So good luck convicing him Phil.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject:

A team with an over the hill, injury prone point guard who still thinks he's a star player, a declining inefficient small forward, a young player who needs his touches, all led by a person who insists on an archaic offensive system. What could've possibly gone wrong?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

After the personal news that was released about Melo, his days in NY are all but done.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
As a said before best trade for both parties is a trade with Jazz for Favors.

With Melo at PF Utah wont have the spacing problem when they had Favors at PF and with Hill-Hood-Hayward-Gobert core they can hide Melo at defence. At offense Melo can be their go to guy which they lack.

As for Knicks Favors would be good fit next to Porz because unlike Gobert Porz can shoot. Favors is 25 so there isnt much age gap with Porz. Also they can pick a guard like Monk, Fox or Smith at draft which will be set their core.

Saying all of that the obvious problem is Melo wont wanna live in Utah an wont wanna play at PF. So good luck convicing him Phil.

I'd like to see Melo in Salt Lake City.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Why Kristaps Porzingis is unhappy with Phil Jackson and the Knicks

Quote:

Beyond moving Anthony out of town, Jackson sees the resolution of the franchise’s issues through the prism of an offense the coaches don’t want to teach and that the players don’t want to run.

“To Phil, the culture is the triangle,” a league source involved in the dynamic told The Vertical.

After his first season as Knicks coach, Hornacek is still trying to incorporate a system that is foreign to him, armed with a Jackson-installed assistant coach, Kurt Rambis, who is beyond unpopular with the players, league sources said. When players want coaching and teaching, they get yelling, sources said. Most wonder about Rambis’ allegiances, because after all, he’s Jackson’s guy, not Hornacek’s.

The rest of the writeup is worth reading.

What a mess!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Why Kristaps Porzingis is unhappy with Phil Jackson and the Knicks

Quote:

Beyond moving Anthony out of town, Jackson sees the resolution of the franchise’s issues through the prism of an offense the coaches don’t want to teach and that the players don’t want to run.

“To Phil, the culture is the triangle,” a league source involved in the dynamic told The Vertical.

After his first season as Knicks coach, Hornacek is still trying to incorporate a system that is foreign to him, armed with a Jackson-installed assistant coach, Kurt Rambis, who is beyond unpopular with the players, league sources said. When players want coaching and teaching, they get yelling, sources said. Most wonder about Rambis’ allegiances, because after all, he’s Jackson’s guy, not Hornacek’s.

The rest of the writeup is worth reading.

What a mess!

What a clown. To think if he was in LA, he'd be enabled by the owner. Just gross.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

Phil has lost it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Phil has lost it

Success can give people a lot of cover on their flaws. Phil's messy ways had a lot of cover in Chi and LA because he had the best of the best superstars and those teams were successful. Now, he's being exposed for who he truly is, a really nasty spiteful person. Very manipulative, always looking to undermine people. But he's always been that way, that's the gag about all this. But we're in a new day. Nobody cares about all the rings he won before. These guys now are not going to put up with that nonsense.

And if I were Melo, I would stay in NY just to spite his ass. I would walk into MSG every day with my head held high and my mental middle finger pointed dead at that box suite where Phil Jackson is sitting in his high chair.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
22 wrote:
Phil has lost it

Success can give people a lot of cover on their flaws. Phil's messy ways had a lot of cover in Chi and LA because he had the best of the best superstars and those teams were successful. Now, he's being exposed for who he truly is, a really nasty spiteful person. Very manipulative, always looking to undermine people. But he's always been that way, that's the gag about all this. But we're in a new day. Nobody cares about all the rings he won before. These guys now are not going to put up with that nonsense.

And if I were Melo, I would stay in NY just to spite his ass. I would walk into MSG every day with my head held high and my mental middle finger pointed dead at that box suite where Phil Jackson is sitting in his high chair.

I still hold Phil potentially cost us the finals against the Celtics when he stubbornly and inexplicably benched Ariza after he sparked a huge momentum swing in game 3 (i think) and gave him very little minutes for the rest of that series but instead played Luke who was getting murdered.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Y'all have to listen to Michael Rappaport on Chris Mannix's podcast (Yahoo). He'll tell you how lots of Knicks fans feel about Phil Jax.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Y'all have to listen to Michael Rappaport on Chris Mannix's podcast (Yahoo). He'll tell you how lots of Knicks fans feel about Phil Jax.

Rappaport is always hella entertaining. Dude clearly loves his Knicks.. maybe he should be their GM lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Rappaport is always hella entertaining. Dude clearly loves his Knicks.. maybe he should be their GM lol.

Can you imagine a non-cursing podcast of his?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
22 wrote:
Phil has lost it

I'd stay too. He's not gonna win a ring unless he joins the Cavs for very little. Might as well stay where he wants to be in NY and stick it to Phil lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Knicks willl be absolute monster

LakersNewEra wrote:
Rose
Lee
Melo
Noah
Porzingis

Thats's balanced. Their defense will be great. Spacing should work.
Their best player will be Porzingis. Look for him to average 18/12 or so. This is a team that can knock off the Cavs. Of course, a lot depends on Noah's and Rose's health but assuming they are healthy and decent, this team is amazing. Knicks dont need Noah and Rose to be their old self, to play like they did in their prime. Just being decent and providing that veteran leadership is enough. I'm telling you, this team is going places.
LeBron is (bleep) his pants facing this team. Lets see him get pas Melo easily. Lets se him save his energy on defense. Lets see him just bully his way to the paint with big Zing there.
And you know they have clutch shot makers. This team is built for the playoffs, built to win close games. Just like all of Phil's teams always were.

This is the way I look at it...you need to make a clutch stop? This is the first team you think of.
You need to make a clutch basket? This is your team again.

People are underestimating them just because the Knicks have been a laughing stock for a long time. They need Rose and Noah just to be good role players. That's it. I think they are both capable of being that.

Everytime I read this post it makes me laugh...classic
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12
Jump to: