Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
#shameless #selfpromotion

http://lakerfilmroom.com/2016-2017-in-review-a-tale-of-two-teams/

etc etc

tbh I'm pretty sure LG has read 90% of this article just based on my posts

Or mine...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
tox wrote:

etc etc

Or mine...

The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Great stuff tox
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Great stuff tox
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Good article Tox - insightful for sure. Question (hope you don't mind me posting it here).

1. The conclusions you made, particularly about Randle and Clarkson and "roster coherence", do you think its obvious enough that the Laker front office see this and is more likely to move them rather than Russell (all things being equal).
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Great work, tox. Very insightful and understandable.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

Appreciate the kind words.

Yumyumcha wrote:
Good article Tox - insightful for sure. Question (hope you don't mind me posting it here).

1. The conclusions you made, particularly about Randle and Clarkson and "roster coherence", do you think its obvious enough that the Laker front office see this and is more likely to move them rather than Russell (all things being equal).

I'm not even gonna pretend like I know what the FO thinks. Do I think it's obvious? I think it is, and I hope that they, or at least Luke, are aware of this in some capacity. Do I think the FO will incorporate this into their thinking? I have no idea. This stuff is teachable to an extent, so you can argue we should dedicate more coaching resources to rectifying their weaknesses, instead of just trading them away.

(Personally, I'm 100% done with Clarkson, but I think Randle deserves more time. He's improved so much from last season that he deserves another summer before we evaluate him.)

As far as trading Randle/JC vs. Russell goes -- well, Russell probably has more value around the league. For example, if they are hell bent on trading for George, Russell might move the needle for Bird, but I doubt Randle/JC do.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

etc etc

Should probably fix this line and change are to aren't:

"In this regard, Deng and Mozgov are necessarily the liabilities people think they are, at least on the court."
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tox...my point was about how West handled roster construction leading up to the '96 offseason. That's what I think is replicable. If this team can become a young, fun 1st/2nd round caliber team, I think we're gonna be VERY attractive to the best players in the NBA.

GT, listend to your pod which was great and wanted to chime in about something. LA made an attractive situation for Shaq to join through free agency, but O'Neal was a 24 year old unrestricted free agent who had time to grow with a young team. That's not really possible with today's star contract life cycle.

Stars generally come in as high draft picks at 19/20 years of age. They play 4-years under a rookie scale and take the max 4+1 extension every time over a 1-year restricted deal (the Bulls even forced Butler to go 5-year no option with the max QO). That leads to hitting unrestricted free agency at 27 years old at the absolute earliest (with 28 being a norm). The following contract is where a player is planting their flag to make a title push as 'the man'. Now the league has created the Designated Player Exception which creates a prohibitive financial advantage for the home team keeping an All-NBA type once he truly hits unrestricted free agency. The Shaq free agent signing isn't possible now. You have to be a ready made contender.

IMO, getting a star player from another team can only happen in one of three ways, (1) the massive overpay in trade which only makes sense if it's the move that makes you an immediate contender (the Love-rule), (2) the quasi bargain in trade because the home team doesn't want to pay the DPE (the Boogie-rule), and (3) the flight risk with extenuating circumstances situation (the George-rule).

Paul has openly put out there he wants LA or a contender and Indy doesn't know if they're going to have the DPE advantage or not before he hits UFA in '18. At the same time, there may be multiple teams out there with assets to offer. Their best case is convincing Boston to overpay under the premise it puts them over the top. While that's not Ainge's style, it also impacts what they might ask LA for. It stands to reason that offering George the full DPE means they won't have the $ to be a contender for years, so a trade is probably in their best interest. The question is of course what kind offer does make sense for LA. If you take Ingram and Russell off the table and assume the pick is lost, there's not a lot to talk about. The remaining pieces probably don't move the needle and Bird rides it out to '18.

Great post
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

etc etc

Congrats Tox, good stuff.

The building a coherent roster is a must, I like our young players more than I like the way they fit together. The lack of synergy is problem.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

etc etc

Haven't read it...but let me guess, no to JC?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:

etc etc

Haven't read it...but let me guess, no to JC?

Yeah, this might piss off a segment of Lakers fans but I'm pretty sure that trading JC would be addition by subtraction. JC would probably be pretty good in the right system, one predicated less on ball movement/ man movement. Houston and OKC strike me as particularly good fits, though I'm not sure there's a mutually beneficial to be made here.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:

etc etc

The building a coherent roster is a must, I like our young players more than I like the way they fit together. The lack of synergy is problem.

It's disappointing how poorly Russell and Clarkson fit together. They were better under Byron, which is really saying something. I don't think there are any other glaring "bad fits" -- Randle and Nance, maybe.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
nash wrote:
tox wrote:

etc etc

It's disappointing how poorly Russell and Clarkson fit together. They were better under Byron, which is really saying something. I don't think there are any other glaring "bad fits" -- Randle and Nance, maybe.

JC and Randle can freestyle with second unit.

I don't like how our pieces fit at all
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

A new monstrosity of a podcast. People voted to have this as one, 3 hour long pod. Had our boy Cranjis McBasketball on.

http://www.almightyballer.com/laker-film-room-ep-18-2016-2017-year-in-review-feat-cranjis-mcbasketball-t1m_nba/
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
A new monstrosity of a podcast. People voted to have this as one, 3 hour long pod. Had our boy Cranjis McBasketball on.

http://www.almightyballer.com/laker-film-room-ep-18-2016-2017-year-in-review-feat-cranjis-mcbasketball-t1m_nba/

I voted the 3 hour monstrosity for kicks I'm enjoying this pod though
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Damn lol, gonna listen to it over to a span of three nights, very much looking forward to it
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

The stats about Tarik's defensive PPP are vindicating as a champion of all things Tarik
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

dang, GT released a mini series...good stuff!

Wanted to point out that you nailed it when you said the young squad finished the season leaving us wanting more.....another week, they would have been a little better, 2 more weeks, even better, etc. In contrast last season, it was sad to know that was it for Kobe, but I could not wait until the season was over so we could get to the draft and FA, and just reset. This year....would have liked to have seen a few more games.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject:

Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

etc etc

Great read man. We got some good people on this website.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Great stuff GT. I am definitely a fan of Monk, but I will confess this was my first exposure to his play. If he can play defense, sign me up. If not, then we don't need a Jamal Crawford / Lou Williams type (maybe that is a little too harsh, but I confess my ignorance on this prospect).

At the risk of coming off as ungrateful towards to hard work you put in your videos, one bit of constructive feedback: Make the arrows pointing out the location of the player bright red or highlighter yellow or green. I had a hard time following where Monk was because the arrow was black, and as a consequence, it detracted from the points you were trying to make. Simply put, you want your audience to focus on your analysis, not expending their limited attention trying to find the player.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Great stuff GT. I am definitely a fan of Monk, but I will confess this was my first exposure to his play. If he can play defense, sign me up. If not, then we don't need a Jamal Crawford / Lou Williams type (maybe that is a little too harsh, but I confess my ignorance on this prospect).

At the risk of coming off as ungrateful towards to hard work you put in your videos, one bit of constructive feedback: Make the arrows pointing out the location of the player bright red or highlighter yellow or green. I had a hard time following where Monk was because the arrow was black, and as a consequence, it detracted from the points you were trying to make. Simply put, you want your audience to focus on your analysis, not expending their limited attention trying to find the player.

Good feedback, man. That was the first time I used black ones and I agree with you. I'll change it up for the next one.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

That shot selection portion sounds familiar
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

Need the written form of that 3 hour podcast. I have no idea how I will sit through 3 hours and pay attention for all of it and catch all the details.

I'm scared.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 14 of 93
Jump to: