OFFICIAL TIMOFEY MOZGOV THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

the plural of mozgoof is mongeef guise

I learned that in school today

its not mozgoofus like we once thought
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
tox wrote:
zePokar wrote:
That Mozgoof (bleep) makes it hard to read.
He's one of the worst posters on this board, and that's frankly saying something.

And one that has forgotten more about the NBA than you will ever know, I can see how that might be confusing to some who would rather try and attack me rather than voice an actual fact-driven opinion..tux! LOL

It's easy to make a point without being obnoxious though. I share your views on the Mozgov contract, just seems unecessary to call him Mozgoof 15 times. He's pretty much been what you could've expected he would be. The only ones to blame are the ones who signed him to that contract.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
tox wrote:
zePokar wrote:
That Mozgoof (bleep) makes it hard to read.
He's one of the worst posters on this board, and that's frankly saying something.

And one that has forgotten more about the NBA than you will ever know, I can see how that might be confusing to some who would rather try and attack me rather than voice an actual fact-driven opinion..tux! LOL

I fear you've forgotten more than you realize. Senility does explain a lot though.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject:

Mozgov isn't afweful. He was exactly what he was was before the Lakers signed him. A solid rotational big in the NBA. The fact that he was paid superstar money is the first issue and the length of the contract the second. Mitch/Jim did that before with Hill, though it was a short contract. It was almost like the Lakers knew they needed to spend X and did, regardless of what they signed. Both Mozgov & Deng contracts were head scratchers and they really set the team back. Nearly impossible to move either unless you throw in a sweetener of some sort.

Too bad Jeanie didn't fire them BEFORE the season started. The Aldridge fiasco should have been the nail in the coffin. You go after the wrong marquee player and you do an awful job at it as well??
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers keep him, I think he will be a solid contributor. Kudos to him for showing up at games, being engaged with the young guys (saw him doing that at the Lakers game I went to last week during timeouts and huddles).
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If the Lakers keep him, I think he will be a solid contributor. Kudos to him for showing up at games, being engaged with the young guys (saw him doing that at the Lakers game I went to last week during timeouts and huddles).

16m reasons to be happy, show up at work
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Compared to Deng's AWOL/M.I.A. I'll take that.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lol true. What have the lakers become? Thanks Jim/Mitch for the awesome MozDeng gift
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

Deng actually played 2 minutes on our second to last game
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Deng actually played 2 minutes on our second to last game

Did he? See, it's that bad.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not like it's huge news but did the team or media ever address this?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not like it's huge news but did the team or media ever address this?

Not that I recall.

DLO had a valid excuse; Deng...?
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Mozgov isn't afweful. He was exactly what he was was before the Lakers signed him. A solid rotational big in the NBA. The fact that he was paid superstar money is the first issue and the length of the contract the second. Mitch/Jim did that before with Hill, though it was a short contract. It was almost like the Lakers knew they needed to spend X and did, regardless of what they signed. Both Mozgov & Deng contracts were head scratchers and they really set the team back. Nearly impossible to move either unless you throw in a sweetener of some sort.

Too bad Jeanie didn't fire them BEFORE the season started. The Aldridge fiasco should have been the nail in the coffin. You go after the wrong marquee player and you do an awful job at it as well??

The Money he received is similar to other 2nd/3rd tier centers in the NBA.

Steven Adams - 4 yr 100 million
Enes Kanter - 4 yr 70 million
robin Lopez - 4 yr 54 million
Gortat - 5 yr 60 million (signed before new CBA)
mahinmi - 4 yr 64 million
Biyombo - 4 yr 72 million
Tyson - 4 yr 52 million (before new CBA)
Vucevic - 4 yr 53 million
Horford - 4 yr 113 million!!! Thank god we didn't sign him haha as most fans wanted him ( Got outplayed by Robin first game )
Mozgov- 4 yr 64 million

His contract is comparable to other Centers in the NBA.

I said it earlier the only team that came away with a steal at Center is the SPurs ( no surprise )

Dedmon - 2 yr 6 million

Pachulia was guaranteed starter for a championship warriors team so he took less money.

I think fans underestimate the impact Mozgov can have and because hold him at low value.

Is it possible to get rid of him as of now? Probably not , but not because teams don't want him, Because a lot of teams already have a center they are paying. And in some cases OKC have 2!!
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
the plural of mozgoof is mongeef guise

I learned that in school today

its not mozgoofus like we once thought

Mozgoof?

I love LG.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Horford - 4 yr 113 million!!! Thank god we didn't sign him haha as most fans wanted him ( Got outplayed by Robin first game )
Mozgov- 4 yr 64 million

I said it earlier the only team that came away with a steal at Center is the SPurs ( no surprise )

Dedmon - 2 yr 6 million

Pachulia was guaranteed starter for a championship warriors team so he took less money.

I think fans underestimate the impact Mozgov can have and because hold him at low value.

Is it possible to get rid of him as of now? Probably not , but not because teams don't want him, Because a lot of teams already have a center they are paying. And in some cases OKC have 2!!

That is a long list of bad contracts. I was okay with the signing at first because I liked Mitch but after a year of seeing what kind of player Moz is he's not worth it.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Mozgov- 4 yr 64 million

Dedmon - 2 yr 6 million

That is a long list of bad contracts. I was okay with the signing at first because I liked Mitch but after a year of seeing what kind of player Moz is he's not worth it.

MoZgov is worth it relative to what others at his position are making.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Seeing that list of what centers a paid gives me hope of one day being out from under his contract!
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:

MoZgov is worth it relative to what others at his position are making.

He's not worth it in my eyes we could of used that money else where and got more bang for our buck.

I understand what your saying but I still think we overpaid badly.

I mean Tarik Black is as good as him at a fraction of the cost.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Seeing that list of what centers a paid gives me hope of one day being out from under his contract!
I can't believe the Bucks moved Plumlee
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:

Mozgov- 4 yr 64 million

Dedmon - 2 yr 6 million

Adams is still on his bargain contract and his extension - raise doesn't start until next season. GM Presti has stumbled a bit on this and will have allocated too much salary to the center position when attention - need has shifted some towards wing players.

Deal originailly done by Phil who has been criticized some for his decisions. Traded to Chicago which also has FO executives taking some criticism from their fanbase. Only two more years left on his deal and he is younger than Mozgov.

Only two years left on Gortat's contract. Still fairly productive even though he is older than Mozgov. Giving Mahinmi that contract was a headscratcher, but GM Grunfeld is seldom named in discussions of top FO executives.

Both Biyombo and Vucevic are younger than Mozgov. GM Hennigan was recently terminated.

I think part of his signing was an attempt to attract LMA by having a veteran center on the roster.

Suns’ addition of Tyson Chandler could help woo LaMarcus Aldridge

Probably something of a mistake by Ainge.

Mozgov- 4 yr 64 million

The FO executives responsible for that have been recently let go.

Yes, the Spurs did better than most of the other teams signing centers by getting Dedmon on a favorable contract. Figure out who the smart people are and then watch what they do. A FO shouldn't be doing things just because another NBA executive such as Hennigan has done what you are considering doing.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

^^^ exactly. The piss poor GM's that gave those horrible contracts got fired for doing so. Justifying our dead weight because other idiots did the same is a fallacy for an argument.

It's a horrible contract for his level of talent. He is a replacement lev talent that we are paying Superstar money to. Money that could have been used elsewhere or saved for this year.

Absolute recklessness in spending a scarce resource
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

Mozgov- 4 yr 64 million

Dedmon - 2 yr 6 million

Adams is still on his bargain contract and his extension - raise doesn't start until next season. GM Presti has stumbled a bit on this and will have allocated too much salary to the center position when attention - need has shifted some towards wing players.

Deal originailly done by Phil who has been criticized some for his decisions. Traded to Chicago which also has FO executives taking some criticism from their fanbase. Only two more years left on his deal and he is younger than Mozgov.

Only two years left on Gortat's contract. Still fairly productive even though he is older than Mozgov. Giving Mahinmi that contract was a headscratcher, but GM Grunfeld is seldom named in discussions of top FO executives.

Both Biyombo and Vucevic are younger than Mozgov. GM Hennigan was recently terminated.

I think part of his signing was an attempt to attract LMA by having a veteran center on the roster.

Mozgov- 4 yr 64 million

Yes, the Spurs did better than most of the other teams signing centers by getting Dedmon on a favorable contract. Figure out who the smart people are and then watch what they do. A FO shouldn't be doing things just because another NBA executive such as Hennigan has done what you are considering doing.

I understand what you are saying. Here are some things I was thinking while reading.

1. It wasnt just one GM ( Hennigan) that gave big contracts It was almost every GM in the league barring. Deandre, Gasol, Gobert, Towns....

I even left

Dwight- 3 yr 70 million
Gorgui Deng - 4 yr 64 million
Greg Monroe 3 yr 51 million (signed before new CBA)
Joakim Noah- Don't ask
Koufos- 4 yr 32million (before new cba) great deal.
whiteside - 4 yr 98 million
Drummond - 5 yr 127 million

So while I agree that just because others did it doesn't mean we should.
That being said, what other choices did we have? Seriously Centers just get paid a lot relative to what fans think there production is.
What other options were available?
Dwight, Ezeli, McGee, Mahinmi, Biyombo? We had to overspend a little to make sure we actually got a center to come.

Sure we could have gotten Hibbert, Hawes, Aldrich
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

Mozgov- 4 yr 64 million

Dedmon - 2 yr 6 million

Mozgov- 4 yr 64 million

Well, if you neglect the fact that they threw big money at Pau, and Dedmon just ended up supplanting him.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Pau signed a two year contract with the second year a player option.

$15.5 million and $16.2 million.

Pau is also 36, so I would think that the Spurs weren't expecting him to be awesome.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Pau signed a two year contract with the second year a player option.

$15.5 million and $16.2 million.

Pau is also 36, so I would think that the Spurs weren't expecting him to be awesome.

Sure, but they did sign him to similar money to what other starters get, so ignoring him and going with Dedmon is not really accurate.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 70 of 73
Jump to: