Which player do you most want the Lakers to bring back next season?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nick Young
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Metta World Peace
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Tyler Ennis
12%
 12%  [ 15 ]
David Nwaba
49%
 49%  [ 61 ]
Tarik Black
14%
 14%  [ 18 ]
Thomas Robinson
12%
 12%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 123

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Which player do you most want the Lakers to bring back next season?

Who ya got?????
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

Tyler Ennis or David Nwaba... Nwaba
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

Players we're probably stuck with and can't trade: Moz, Deng, Brewer
Players we really need to keep: BI
Players we'd like to keep unless there is some great trade involved: Dlo, Zu, and to a lesser degree Nance
Players that earned a chance, but aren't critical: Nwaba
Players that would be nice to keep, but are easily replaceable: Ennis, Trob
Players that should be traded: JC, Randle. Both are dumber then rocks out there, and Randle is a guy that works hard about 1 game out of 8 or 10 on average. Trade him while we still can get value.

Black is a guy you'd kind of like to keep, but is redundant now with Moz & Zu and costs a lot more ($6m) than Trob or Nance, who can act as small ball or emergency 3rd string centers.

Nick Young: isn't bad as a low cost no-D bench gunner, but I kind of wish he'd opt out so we don't have to deal with him anymore

Honorable mention to retired old guys: MWP

It really gets down to keeping 3 or 4 guys (in order of priority/how I value them): BI, Dlo, Zu, Nance. And even those are tradeable for the right stars or super stars
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Metta and possibly Swaggy-P won't be back next season.
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Voted TRob, but would like to see Ennis and Nwaba given a good chance to seal a spot as well.

But with (potentially) two more rookies coming in, a lot might change during FA. If we land the jackpot and end up with Fultz, for example, JC or Ennis would surely be on their way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Nwaba. Already locked in a minimum deal for a few years if we like him. Rest would be UFAs (except black).
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Thomas Robinson. I really like the mentality he brings to the team.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Players we'd like to keep unless there is some great trade involved: Dlo, Zu, and to a lesser degree Nance
Players that should be traded: JC, Randle. Both are dumber then rocks out there, and Randle is a guy that works hard about 1 game out of 8 or 10 on average. Trade him while we still can get value.

Black is a guy you'd kind of like to keep, but is redundant now with Moz & Zu and costs a lot more ($6m) than Trob or Nance, who can act as small ball or emergency 3rd string centers.

Nick Young: isn't bad as a low cost no-D bench gunner, but I kind of wish he'd opt out so we don't have to deal with him anymore

It really gets down to keeping 3 or 4 guys (in order of priority/how I value them): BI, Dlo, Zu, Nance. And even those are tradeable for the right stars or super stars

1000% agree
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Tarik Black....

It still pisses me off how much playing time he missed out on when Byron Scott was coaching the team. We sort of no who Black is and he's not likely to improve much, but he's a great energy guy, and effective shot blocker, and seems to be a really positive presence in the locker room.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm not surprised that David Nwaba has quickly become a fan favorite.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
I'm not surprised that David Nwaba has quickly become a fan favorite.

Look no further then Ronny Turiaf, bro..
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
P.K. wrote:

1000% agree

+1
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Nwaba and Black.

I loved what Walton said about MWP though. He said they let MWP know that they weren't interested in him as a player next year but if he coudn't find a team (wich he won't) they'll find a role for him within the organisation. And I really want MWP working with our guys moving forward. Just a great guy and a true professionnal.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject:

Nwaba for me, black comes in second. I couldn't care less about bringing back Ennis or Robinson and young and metta are all but gone.
Blackhart217
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

Nwaba, the only guy on that list I would want back (unless Young would take a reasonable 1 yr deal). Defense, athleticism and energy is sorely needed on this team especially on a cheap deal.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

Ennis IMHO has the most upside to be a rotation player.

Brewer, as I stated when we got him, will be our best defender until the kids mature.

These two are keepers for next season in my book.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

1) Nick @ 6M
2) Nwaba
3) Ennis, likely still cheap
4) Nick @ market, and the rest can in theory be replaced with FA's for about the same price.

That said, remember there will be 60 extra roster spots this year so it's likely that FA's are in shorter supply than years past.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
1) Nick @ 6M
2) Nwaba
3) Ennis, likely still cheap
4) Nick @ market, and the rest can in theory be replaced with FA's for about the same price.

That said, remember there will be 60 extra roster spots this year so it's likely that FA's are in shorter supply than years past.

Good point.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Like what most have said already I want Nwaba to return I think he adds something to different to the roster compared to the other players. He plays defense which the Lakers lack, hopefully he works on his shooting in the off season. He's a local kid who went undrafted in the D-League, then ended with the D-Fenders somehow and his performances with them earned him a ten day contract, then he got another ten day contract and then the Lakers signed him to a roster spot. It's such a great story.

I like Black, he always plays hard and he knows his role on the team. Him and Nance Jr play well together in the second-unit. The only dilemma the Lakers have got is if Black does return, how does Luke fit him, Zubac and Mozgov in to the rotation? If the Lakers want to continue to develop Zubac he will play in most games, I'm saying as a starter but maybe off the bench. Mozgov is the most experienced center the Lakers have got and is on a big contract, will they really DNP him again next season? We all know the Lakers would trade Mozgov in a heartbeat but it's very likely they are going to be able to trade him. And Black is a very good person to have in the locker-room, just listen to his interviews and you will understand what I mean.

Ennis and Robinson have played well recently and it hasn't hurt there chances in returning next season but the Lakers have got two draft picks this year no matter what and will sign a couple of FAs most likely so it depends on how roster spots will be up for grabs. If the Lakers brought Ennis back it wouldn't cost much and he's not a bad back-up PG. Same with T-Rob it wouldn't cost the Lakers much if he returned, he's decent back-up but the question is can the Lakers find better than Ennis and T-Rob in free agents for the same price.

I'm happy Young returned back to playing the level he's played this year and he's a good three-point shooter which the Lakers lack. I think he opts out and doesn't return. Metta should just retire and come back as a coach. It's a shame the Lakers can't trade Deng and Mozgov it which would open up roster spots and maybe even Brewer as well.

I know roster for NBA teams next season will increase 15 to 17 next season as you can sign two players two players to two way contracts who would play for the D-Fenders as well. Will the likes of Ennis and T-Ron accept two way contracts I doubt it? If the Lakers don't keep the top three pick and draft using the Houston pick and second round pick it could be players to two way contracts.

Last edited by Dilla_ on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Like what most have said already I want Nwaba to return I think he adds something to different to the roster compared to the other players. He plays defense which the Lakers lack, hopefully he works on his shooting in the off season. He's a local kid who went undrafted in the D-League, then ended with the D-Fenders somehow and his performances with them earned him a ten day contract, then he got another ten day contract and then the Lakers signed him to a roster spot. It's such a great story.

I like Black, he always plays hard and he knows his role on the team. Him and Nance Jr play well together in the second-unit. The only dilemma the Lakers have got is if Black does return, how does Luke fit him, Zubac and Mozgov in to the rotation? If the Lakers want to continue to develop Zubac he will play in most games, I'm saying as a starter but maybe off the bench. Mozgov is the most experienced center the Lakers have got and is on a big contract, will they really DNP him again next season? We all know the Lakers would trade Mozgov in a heartbeat but it's very likely they are going to be able to trade him. And Black is a very good person to have in the locker-room, just listen to his interviews and you will understand what I mean.

Ennis and Robinson have played well recently and it hasn't hurt there chances in returning next season but the Lakers have got two draft picks this year no matter what and will sign a couple of FAs most likely so it depends on how roster spots will be up for grabs. If the Lakers brought Ennis back it wouldn't cost much and he's not a bad back-up PG. Same with T-Rob it wouldn't cost the Lakers much if he returned, he's decent back-up but the question is can the Lakers find better than Ennis and T-Rob in free agents for the same price.

I'm happy Young returned back to playing the level he's played this year and he's a good three-point shooter which the Lakers lack. I think he opts out and doesn't return. Metta should just retire and come back as a coach. It's a shame the Lakers can't trade Deng and Mozgov it which would open up roster spots and maybe even Brewer as well.

I know roster for NBA teams next season will increase 15 to 17 next season as you can sign two players two players to two way contracts who would play for the D-Fenders as well. Will the likes of Ennis and T-Ron accept two way contracts I doubt it? If the Lakers don't keep the top three pick and draft using the Houston pick and second round pick it could be players to two way contracts.

I seriously doubt that an agent of a first round pick will ever go for that type of deal. However it may be a viable option for a second rounder or free agent.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Which player do you most want the Lakers to bring back next season?

pio2u wrote:

Who ya got?????

I don't think anyone on your list matters much.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Which player do you most want the Lakers to bring back next season?

activeverb wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Who ya got?????

I don't think anyone on your list matters much.

All are expendable role players that are "on the bubble" with this team. That's why I posed the question.

After the exit interviews it appears that MWP & Swaggy-P are gone but one or more of the others will likely be back.
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

D'Angelo Russell.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

We need more guys like Nwaba.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
We need more guys like Nwaba.

That's what the DLeague is for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: