Lakers Should Honor Mitch Kupchack Next Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.

He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.

No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

Yes overreaction. Mitch's NBA knowledge is about 100 times that of our current FO. A consultant role would have been smart, Jeanie has never proven to be smart.

I agree a consultant role would have been smart. He still deserved to be fired.

And oh boy that last statement. I don't know Jeannie personally but graduating USC with honors is not the easiest thing in the world. She had to be a little smart for that.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.

He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.

No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

And what do you deserve when you loyally serve a team for 36 years helping them to win 9 Championships?

Relevance? He still deserved to be fired.

I thought this thread was about honoring him after he was fired.

Yes but my response was to ventura's statement about Jeannie overreacting.
I simply asked what the man deserved after 36 years and 9 Championships. Seems reasonable to thank the man for his contributions regardless of why he was fired. Phil was let go. So was Riley. Even Magic left the team for a while. Shaq was traded and smacked everyone on the way out the door. Mitch was nothing but class and poise. A true gentleman and had more FO success than all but a handful of elite GMs. He earned his rings and deserves to be recognized.

Yes, I didn't argue against any of that. Just argued that it was no overreaction by Jeannie to fire him. What's so hard to understand about that?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

And what do you deserve when you loyally serve a team for 36 years helping them to win 9 Championships?

This thread is about whether or not Mitch should be honored. It is your posts, focused on a nebulous argument of how he 'deserved to be fired,' that are irrelevant.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
No...

First response to the OP's question - and then backtracked from like crazy.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

This thread is about whether or not Mitch should be honored. It is your posts, focused on a nebulous argument of how he 'deserved to be fired,' that are irrelevant.

Completely true. If my post is irrelevant then ventura's post is as well. But if you're really gonna go thread by thread calling out the people that derail threads then be my guest. That would be great.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
No...

First response to the OP's question - and then backtracked from like crazy.

You're better than that right? Afterwards I clarified. Look it up.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

I simply asked what the man deserved after 36 years and 9 Championships. Seems reasonable to thank the man for his contributions regardless of why he was fired. Phil was let go. So was Riley. Even Magic left the team for a while. Shaq was traded and smacked everyone on the way out the door. Mitch was nothing but class and poise. A true gentleman and had more FO success than all but a handful of elite GMs. He earned his rings and deserves to be recognized.

Yes, I didn't argue against any of that. Just argued that it was no overreaction by Jeannie to fire him. What's so hard to understand about that?
Oh wait. Are you saying he deserved to be fired?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Yes. 4 straight losing seasons. Or do you like to reward failure?
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Yes. 4 straight losing seasons. Or do you like to reward failure?

Yeah, but did he deserve to be fired? He did right?
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

Mitch def should be honored but I dont see it for another 3 seasons. He was great at trading for (plucking) underutilized talent in other rosters. Nance, Zu, Gasol, JC were some nice picks as well.

Make it a Mitch night and hand out magic wands.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Mitch def should be honored but I dont see it for another 3 seasons. He was great at trading for (plucking) underutilized talent in other rosters. Nance, Zu, Gasol, JC were some nice picks as well.

Make it a Mitch night and hand out magic wands.

Mitch Wands. Would be a nice touch.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

Poor Mitch...he got hitched to a wagon with no wheels.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Yep people acting like he wa an innocent bystander. If it wasn't for Kobe's brilliance he would have been fine a lot sooner
Last time I checked, Kobe didn't win any championship all by his lonesome. Team needed to be built to get those rings. Mitch did that in spades.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Did the Lakers do anything to honor Jerry West when he left? Mitch should get a lesser version of what West got, whatever that may or may not have been, obviously excluding the accolades and honors West got as a player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Did the Lakers do anything to honor Jerry West when he left? Mitch should get a lesser version of what West got, whatever that may or may not have been, obviously excluding the accolades and honors West got as a player.

Well, West is tough b/c he was such an iconic basketball player also (ergo his statue outside Staples).
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

I've long said that Mitch was the Tom Hagen (from Godfather) or Quintus (from Gladiator) of the Laker empire. Not a blood-member of the family, but has remained loyal to it...

...whether it was run by the patriarch (Dr. Buss/ Don Corleone/ Caesar)...
...or the son of questionable temperament and judgment (Jim/ Sonny and Michael/ Commodus)...
...and while the daughter looked on and sought to restore her father's legacy (Jeanie/ Connie/ Lucilla).

Except now, imagine the movies if Hagen was killed in Part 2, or Quintus got executed in the arena by Lucilla's own dagger.

Mitch should be respected for his years of devoted service.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Everything comes back to The Godfather, i love it.

!...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Everything comes back to The Godfather, i love it.

Jeannie should have asked Mitch if he was loyal. And Mitch, in Sicilian dialect would say yes.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Of course Mitch should be honored. He is a big part of our glory decades of the 80's and the 2000's.

I think a lot the things he did recently were Jimbo's fault.
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Yes overreaction. Mitch's NBA knowledge is about 100 times that of our current FO. A consultant role would have been smart, Jeanie has never proven to be smart.

I agree a consultant role would have been smart. He still deserved to be fired.

And oh boy that last statement. I don't know Jeannie personally but graduating USC with honors is not the easiest thing in the world. She had to be a little smart for that.

Is it, it is USC after all. (yes, Bruin here)
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should honor me. I have been a fan for over 30 years

A statue is nice but I'll settle for lifetime court side seats.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

blatant lies
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Sucks that Mitch went out the way he did. Ideally, he should have gotten a sinecure with the title of "Senior Advisor" or something.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Mitch Kupchak will be honored by the Lakers if/when one of these three things happen:

1. Lakers retire Kupchak's jersey #25 (not going to happen)
2. Voted into the Naismith Hall of Fame (not going to happen)
3. Mitch Kupchak passes away (sorry)
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Mitch Kupchak will be honored by the Lakers if/when one of these three things happen:

1. Lakers retire Kupchak's jersey #25 (not going to happen)
2. Voted into the Naismith Hall of Fame (not going to happen)
3. Mitch Kupchak passes away (sorry)

I was about to post this. How exactly would they honor him? Kevin Johnson got a signed ball during a timeout for saving the Kings and it was the most awkward thing ever.

A moment of silence on option 3, sadly, I think is the appropriate route.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: