GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

When's the last time Deng has been at a Lakers game?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
tox wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Sina wrote:
We may trade Mozgov, Deng or Young with picks like the one from Houston or our 1st in '18 or '19 to Nets. They need picks badly and have room to eat up some bad contracts

They have already had their full share of bad contracts. They are probably very leery at this point.

Well, if they are smart, they would start eating bad contracts and replenishing their treasure trove of assets. They won't compete for another 5 years, so bad contracts aren't exactly the end all be all for them.

But I don't think the Houston pick is enough to eat three years of Deng or Mozgov at that price.

Sadly I think the sacrificial lamb would have to be Nance. I don't think Clarkson or Randle have enough appeal.

I think for Brooklyn, Clarkson should actually hold a lot of appeal. Talented scoring guard who can play next to Lin, off the bench, etc. Can help them be mediocre.

But yeah, I love Nance and would hate to see him traded, I can definitely see him being used as a sweetener
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I think for Brooklyn, Clarkson should actually hold a lot of appeal. Talented scoring guard who can play next to Lin, off the bench, etc. Can help them be mediocre.

But yeah, I love Nance and would hate to see him traded, I can definitely see him being used as a sweetener

That's a lot of money for them to take on, though.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible that Deng is actually older than 31? LeBron is 32 and still the best player in the league, whereas Deng looks totally finished.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Good question. Providing veteran leadership from home.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Is it possible that Deng is actually older than 31? LeBron is 32 and still the best player in the league, whereas Deng looks totally finished.

Deng will be back! Bigger better and stronger than before!
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
tox wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Sina wrote:
We may trade Mozgov, Deng or Young with picks like the one from Houston or our 1st in '18 or '19 to Nets. They need picks badly and have room to eat up some bad contracts

They have already had their full share of bad contracts. They are probably very leery at this point.

Well, if they are smart, they would start eating bad contracts and replenishing their treasure trove of assets. They won't compete for another 5 years, so bad contracts aren't exactly the end all be all for them.

But I don't think the Houston pick is enough to eat three years of Deng or Mozgov at that price.

Sadly I think the sacrificial lamb would have to be Nance. I don't think Clarkson or Randle have enough appeal.

I would think that there would be a fair amount of overlap between Clarkson and Archie Goodwin.

I haven't found details yet on the Goodwin contract for next season, but I will guess that it is going to be for quite a bit less than the $11.5 million that Clarkson will be making.

Edit

Archie Goodwin

Code:

2017-18   Contract details by year   22   $1,577,230
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

i asked this question many times, nobody knows why he is not even in suits
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Rumor has it that he played 2 minutes in the penultimate game of the season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

Deng has spoken.. he says he wants to prove critics wrong next year... i will be rooting for him if he comes back.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Rumor has it that he played 2 minutes in the penultimate game of the season.

Rumor was someone just having some fun. Last time Deng played was on Mar 26th against SAS.

I am kind of surprised that he is so far off the radar. No reporter asking about his disappearance from the team. No comments from the organization concerning his whereabouts?

Laker fans may need to turn this into a Where's Waldo type scavenger hunt. Has Missing Persons been contacted?

I actually wonder what the explanation is.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

he suited up and was on bench for last home game but came out well after rest of team came out on floor
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Deng is going to play in the 3 on 3 over 50 league next year.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
13 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.2 assists per 36 minutes, on 53% TS% (39% from 3). (872 minutes)

Deng's statline this year when he didn't play next to Jordan Clarkson.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

he showed up out of shape last year which caused him to perform very poor those first few weeks...hope he shows up in shape this season.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
he showed up out of shape last year which caused him to perform very poor those first few weeks...hope he shows up in shape this season.

Hell he should show up 2 years younger with how much rest he has had this season.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

He may be biologically 31 but after playing for Thibs he probably has the body of a 50 year old
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Luol Deng: "I've got a lot of people to shut up next year."

“There’s a bitter taste in my mouth,” Deng said. “I just gotta come back with a chip on my shoulder. This year started to build a fire inside me. I don’t tell people a lot of times because I carry on not being as competitive, but I’ve got a lot of people to shut up next year.”

Read More: http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luol-deng-says-2016-17-season-left-a-bitter-taste-in-his-mouth/2017/04/19/

That's the spirit, now show us.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Luol Deng: "I've got a lot of people to shut up next year."

“There’s a bitter taste in my mouth,” Deng said. “I just gotta come back with a chip on my shoulder. This year started to build a fire inside me. I don’t tell people a lot of times because I carry on not being as competitive, but I’ve got a lot of people to shut up next year.”

Read More: http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luol-deng-says-2016-17-season-left-a-bitter-taste-in-his-mouth/2017/04/19/

That's the spirit, now show us.

Deng Farewell Tour --> Deng Redemption Tour!!! Playoff!!!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

He may be biologically 31 but after playing for Thibs he probably has the body of a 50 year old

lol
the weird part is he actually has played fewer minutes than LeBron... LBJ is just a total freak.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

lol
the weird part is he actually has played fewer minutes than LeBron... LBJ is just a total freak.

Expecting a bounce back year from him. Will help make up for losing Lou and possibly Nick.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Is Luol Deng the 2017 version of Brian Grant we had back in the day?

Brian Grant, with the crazy hair back in the day was a all-star with Portland, and considered one of the good guys of the NBA, I remember some specials being done about his work with youth and his being a class act. He ends up in Miami, gets hurt and is on a team going nowhere fast. We end up getting him as part of the multi-player deal, giving up Shaq, that landed us Grant, Odom (who worked out great in the long run), and Carron Butler. Besides the un-balanced return of players, essentially all forwards, we got screwed in the short term, and Brian Grant's big contract, with very little results in the couple of years we had him, really drugged the team for a bout 3 years. I don't think we started getting better again until Grant was gone, and we eventually traded for Pau Gasol.

Enter Luol Deng: considered a class guy, former all-star; ends up being the Lebron replacement in Miami, struggles, but ends up playing pretty good for a depleted Miami Heat team. We sign him to a terrible deal, and he gives us absolute jack squat. He has this ungodly contract, produces little, doesn't show a whole lot of concern during the season for his lack of even NBA level play, but very happy to cash the Laker checks. Fans have been asking where he is, why don't we see this active mentoring role very much, I mean we heard more from MWP in this regard. Mozgov actually played decent the first month, and at least when he lost his job, he didn't seem to happy about it. Wants to play, showed some completive juices, didn't want to be a NBA welfare case, like Deng seems to be happy to embrace. I mean who did Deng outwork this year? Randle, Nance, Robinson, Zubac, Mozgov? I'd say a pretty convincing NO to all of those.

So far first year Brian Grant = Luol Deng latest Laker charity case. And back in the day I really ranted on Grant..........at least he was injured. What is Luol's lazy excuse?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Is Luol Deng the 2017 version of Brian Grant we had back in the day?

Brian Grant, with the crazy hair back in the day was a all-star with Portland, and considered one of the good guys of the NBA, I remember some specials being done about his work with youth and his being a class act. He ends up in Miami, gets hurt and is on a team going nowhere fast. We end up getting him as part of the multi-player deal, giving up Shaq, that landed us Grant, Odom (who worked out great in the long run), and Carron Butler. Besides the un-balanced return of players, essentially all forwards, we got screwed in the short term, and Brian Grant's big contract, with very little results in the couple of years we had him, really drugged the team for a bout 3 years. I don't think we started getting better again until Grant was gone, and we eventually traded for Pau Gasol.

Enter Luol Deng: considered a class guy, former all-star; ends up being the Lebron replacement in Miami, struggles, but ends up playing pretty good for a depleted Miami Heat team. We sign him to a terrible deal, and he gives us absolute jack squat. He has this ungodly contract, produces little, doesn't show a whole lot of concern during the season for his lack of even NBA level play, but very happy to cash the Laker checks. Fans have been asking where he is, why don't we see this active mentoring role very much, I mean we heard more from MWP in this regard. Mozgov actually played decent the first month, and at least when he lost his job, he didn't seem to happy about it. Wants to play, showed some completive juices, didn't want to be a NBA welfare case, like Deng seems to be happy to embrace. I mean who did Deng outwork this year? Randle, Nance, Robinson, Zubac, Mozgov? I'd say a pretty convincing NO to all of those.

So far first year Brian Grant = Luol Deng latest Laker charity case. And back in the day I really ranted on Grant..........at least he was injured. What is Luol's lazy excuse?

Deng blames his struggles on the teams make up and how there was lack of system that suited his game...

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/4/18/15337386/la-lakers-news-luol-deng-contract-free-agency-stats-analysis-quotes-la-times-shut-up

I think he has valid reasons, if he comes back next year the team needs to have a actual identity to give him a chance to succeed, but after thinking it about it really clearly... there is probably a 60% chance that Deng won't be back next year even if he has reasons.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/4/18/15337386/la-lakers-news-luol-deng-contract-free-agency-stats-analysis-quotes-la-times-shut-up

I think he has valid reasons, if he comes back next year the team needs to have a actual identity to give him a chance to succeed, but after thinking it about it really clearly... there is probably a 60% chance that Deng won't be back next year even if he has reasons.

That stats do validate his claim.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
tox wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

lol

Expecting a bounce back year from him. Will help make up for losing Lou and possibly Nick.

Surprisingly optimistic of you. I'm skeptical, because he's gonna be on the bench without Russell spoonfeeding him shots. If Clarkson is still on the team...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 72 of 157
Jump to: