OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

just waiting for the cheerleading to be over and see what moves are made...
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
just waiting for the cheerleading to be over and see what moves are made...

It'll probably be complete silence until after May 16th.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
After listening to him speak, I have the utmost confidence that he will be good at his job. He seems to be a smart, pensive dude who knows what to look for in a good team.

I think Magic is also pretty good with communicating with players and helping them develop, but as far as talent evaluation goes, I'm still on the fence.

I think Rob knows talent having played with the fab 5, and recruiting players for years. Magic does too-- even if he's made some dumb tweets

However, Luke will have a big say in the type of guy he wants and I think Ryan and Jesse will play a bigger part in that going forward. Both have been instrumental in who we've drafted recently.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

I think Rob knows talent having played with the fab 5, and recruiting players for years. Magic does too-- even if he's made some dumb tweets

However, Luke will have a big say in the type of guy he wants and I think Ryan and Jesse will play a bigger part in that going forward. Both have been instrumental in who we've drafted recently.

Luke will certainly have a big say, but how big? I pose the question because one of the main players (Mozgov) that we hear so much pissing & moaning about was Luke's first choice if I recall the details that emerged.

He certainly had a big say with Mozgov because look how we were the first team to come to an agreement with available free agents. Btw, I actually like Mozgov going forward, just not the length of his contract. It's Deng who was the biggest gaffe on the part of the previous guys.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

Luke will certainly have a big say, but how big? I pose the question because one of the main players (Mozgov) that we hear so much pissing & moaning about was Luke's first choice if I recall the details that emerged.

He certainly had a big say with Mozgov because look how we were the first team to come to an agreement with available free agents. Btw, I actually like Mozgov going forward, just not the length of his contract. It's Deng who was the biggest gaffe on the part of the previous guys.

Luke probably gave his input but I doubt he had anything to do with the contract. That was all Jimmy boy trying to save his job.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

Luke probably gave his input but I doubt he had anything to do with the contract. That was all Jimmy boy trying to save his job.

Luke was heavily involved in recruiting Mozgov and has been speculated that he was the primary reason they even targeted Mozgov.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Feel like this is relevant
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

Luke was heavily involved in recruiting Mozgov and has been speculated that he was the primary reason they even targeted Mozgov.

Walton was one of the key factors in bringing Mozgov to L.A., as the two talked quite a bit on the phone leading up to the signing. Aside from the obvious defensive presence that Mozgov brings, Walton also feels that he can be a solid contributor on offense as well:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-opens-up-on-timofey-mozgov-signing/2016/07/16/
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

Walton was one of the key factors in bringing Mozgov to L.A., as the two talked quite a bit on the phone leading up to the signing. Aside from the obvious defensive presence that Mozgov brings, Walton also feels that he can be a solid contributor on offense as well:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-opens-up-on-timofey-mozgov-signing/2016/07/16/

I'm sure that Luke wanted Moz, but that doesn't mean he suggested how much money to give him
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

I'm sure that Luke wanted Moz, but that doesn't mean he suggested how much money to give him

shame on the GM/owner for getting the coach what he wanted...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

who knows, but I doubt Luke was under the impression they were offering $5 million per year.....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
2019 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

So then you are saying that Luke shouldn't have much say.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:

I think just the fact that all the relevant parties will be working together and communicating, brainstorming, etc - including the team president and including the coach - is going to make the machine work a little better. Luke is going to have input.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Dont know what pelinka will do but its a breath of fresh air from Kupcake and his outdated style

All this praise for the new thing. Let's see how things turn out first.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

So much disrespect for Mitch This man was the best GM in the league for a long stretch of time and brought us rings.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

hahaha. I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

So much disrespect for Mitch This man was the best GM in the league for a long stretch of time and brought us rings.

I agree.. he made 2 deals that had the NBA in a frenzy.. Pau trade and almost CP3.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

He was the best in the business under old CBA.

I didn't like the way he was rebuilding us and how he let players walk for nothing, but his magic wand was fantastic for a long stretch.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I agree.. he made 2 deals that had the NBA in a frenzy.. Pau trade and almost CP3.

And after the CP3 trade was nixxed the very next off-season landed Nash and Dwight Howard.

People bash it, but no one could forsee Lillard breaking Nash's leg. If that doesn't happen we may not be having this discussion.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

And after the CP3 trade was nixxed the very next off-season landed Nash and Dwight Howard.

People bash it, but no one could forsee Lillard breaking Nash's leg. If that doesn't happen we may not be having this discussion.

The DH deal was good and fine. Actually that was a great deal if you consider that Bynum never really played again.

The reach was the Nash deal just considering how damn old the guy was at the time and the fact that he could not even sit in a chair any longer- dude was always laying on the floor. I am not an orthopedic surgeon but in my mind that is a bad sign. If he leg was not broken, his back would have given out on him.

I guess we had no assets at the time to trade for him, so we had to give up a lot of picks. But dang, that was a risky move for such an old player who clearly had medical issues.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Don't you worry, if things go bad, which I hope they don't, they'll be singing a different tune soon enough.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
zePokar wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Don't you worry, if things go bad, which I hope they don't, they'll be singing a different tune soon enough.

THATS the Laker way

!...
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
The Logo wrote:

hahaha. I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

Funny enough, his character actually moves to Michigan and is a fan of the Wolverines.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 8 of 243
Jump to: