LAKERS EXIT INTERVIEW THREAD (2017 edition)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

CaCHooKa_Man wrote:
Here's a playlist for the interviews:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX3mzwTmJ2-iOM_Cxna65_TPL8cB1F2X4

Just watched the videos (ok, I was late). Personally, I felt that the two worst interviews were Clarkson and TRob. Clarkson was just all over the place--he was unable to focus on the task at hand. At the start, he was unsuccessfully trying to get a donut from somebody when he was supposed to be answering questions from the reporters.

TRob talked about how Magic and Pelinka told him that he needed to raise his BB IQ. There is nothing in that interview that makes me believe that he can do it. I think there is a good chance that TRob joins Young and MWP as players who will not return next year. With 10 players under contract (Black, Zubac, Mozgov, Deng, Randall, Nance, BI, Brewer, Clarkson and Russell), two draft picks and a potential FA signing, I kind of doubt that the Lakers keep TRob. I have no inside knowledge; I am guessing.

Ennis's interview was excellent. I hope that the Lakers re-sign him.

After his career in basketball is over, Nance will have a long career as TV analyst and/or basketball coach.

--Anonymous
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

^ Clarkson has always been terrible at interviews.

But I really liked Robinson's interview. I agree I'm skeptical he'll ever get his understanding of the game high enough, but I really liked what he said. Focusing on his bball IQ, wanting to be a star in his role as an energy, etc. I really like that kind of mentality.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

No comment on the Russell exit interview?
link in case anyone missed it
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I got the impression that we are building around Ingram and the other guys have to improve their weaknesses if they want to stay long term.

The message for most guys was consistency, conditioning and things like that while they want Ingram to workout with Kobe.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
I got the impression that we are building around Ingram and the other guys have to improve their weaknesses if they want to stay long term.

The message for most guys was consistency, conditioning and things like that while they want Ingram to workout with Kobe.

I agree with Ingram stuff. They want to build around him. Everybody kept asking him/about him

Nobody asked DLO if he is going to be working with Kobe
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
nash wrote:

I agree with Ingram stuff. They want to build around him. Everybody kept asking him/about him

OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
nash wrote:

Maybe because Russell played with Kobe for a season and Ingram didn't?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

So if you're not working out with Kobe you're on the trade block? I mean is Zub meeting up with Kobe too?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
nash wrote:

Maybe because Russell played with Kobe for a season and Ingram didn't?

Russell needs the time with Kobe imo...help to develop a killer instinct and will to win
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:

You got that impression because that's the impression you expected or wanted to get.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

If the FO is looking to be players in free agency then I doubt they are looking at building around any young player.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

richmorgan12 wrote:
nash wrote:

You got that impression because that's the impression you expected or wanted to get.

In this case I would be talking about Zubac, but I guses you have another player in higher regard
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14
Jump to: