2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
lewis wrote:
Did I miss the pages discussing Monk? why is he not talked more as a possible #3 pick ? I only saw LFR offense scouting video and he seems like an excellent fit next to DAR and Ingram on offense. Is he a bad defender?

i've been saying monk should be in the conversation for top 3 for a while now

dude's a professional scorer and not terrible on d, he has an obvious role in the NBA and is a long time starter. you could do a lot worse with a lottery pick than a player who has a clear NBA role from the start and the potential to grow into a star.

still enjoying Monk ? If he ends up showing out early next season, how many times a day will you remind us of your brilliance?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
South Carolina's PJ Dozier to remain in draft, hire an agent

I say we draft Jackson @ #2 or #3 and pick up Dozier @ 28!

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19177438/pj-dozier-south-carolina-gamecocks-remain-nba-draft

I'll probably never understand this, even over a guy like Wesley Iwundu, who is VERY comparable.

btw, was listening to someone, maybe Vecenie, talk about Iwundu recently and mentioned how much de facto PG he played this season....any chance an NBA team tries to develop him into a full time PG? I would be all over that experiment.

If he's a Laker, he should already be an initiating wing. He did that all season for Kansas St.

I'm watching the workout vid right not. Certain things I'm not happy with, but I do think it's his first major drill session.

guy has a really nice build for a wing
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

As the Laker Film Room guys correctly noted, we have too many 4/5s. With the picks I would expect them to stock up on guards as Dlo/Jc are The only two under contract.
Billium
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Billium wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Post base
Elite wingspan
Lateral quickness
Directional quickness
Defensive motor

Thanks for the response. I see him as having the motor and lateral quickness, the directional quickness is hard for me to define but Fox is as fast with the ball as anyone I saw in the tournament this year.

Since I am watching the clippers game, I am wondering if you feel Chris Paul had enough of those tools to be projected to be the defensive player he ended up as.

I think he's more of a defensive player by reputation and doesn't play defense out of position much. When I list those tools, I really mean DPOY types. I think of guys like Pippen, Payton, Artest, Draymond, Rodman, etc. Usually they have at least 4 of the 5 tools. Guys like Marcus Smart have all 5. He's so good at it, it completely compensates for horrid offense.

So, when people say, Lonzo Ball or De'Aaron Fox are good defenders, I refer to that list of tools and think of which ones they have. Defensive motor? Sure. Some lateral quickness? Great. Both guys get pushed around. Lonzo has a barely above average wingspan. Same for Fox.

Then, compare to these guys:

Quote:

Player (Team), 1st Team Votes, 2nd Team Votes, Total
Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio), 130, --, 260
Draymond Green (Golden State), 123, 5, 251
DeAndre Jordan (L.A. Clippers), 47, 43, 137
Avery Bradley (Boston), 62, 25, 149
Chris Paul (L.A. Clippers), 59, 30, 148

2015-16 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM
Player (Team), 1st Team Votes, 2nd Team Votes, Total
Paul Millsap (Atlanta), 11, 75, 97
Paul George (Indiana), 5 , 38, 48
Hassan Whiteside (Miami), 44, 38, 126
Tony Allen (Memphis), 44, 33, 121
Jimmy Butler (Chicago), 18, 26 , 62

The difference is monumental to me.

Nwaba actually has some post base, wingspan, defensive motor. Look how legit he plays on that end.

Oh, I see. When I was talking about Fox's defense I wasn't thinking about him being a potential Dpoty, I was thinking that he would be more similar to Oladipo.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
As the Laker Film Room guys correctly noted, we have too many 4/5s. With the picks I would expect them to stock up on guards as Dlo/Jc are The only two under contract.

Gotta go for BPA.

But it's shocking that the Lakers only have two guards (JC & DLO) on roster, and I get the feeling they're both on the trade block.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If you bring back Ennis....that would be 3 PG's.....I would load up on wings....guys that can play #2 and #3. If guys like Devin Robinson and Wesley Iwindu start falling in the 2nd round....I would be trying to grab picks to snatch them up. Worse case scenario, put them on those 16th and 17th roster slots. I just think those type of guys have the potential to be very valuable assets in the current NBA. Similar to Bazemore types
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I'm watching the workout vid right not. Certain things I'm not happy with, but I do think it's his first major drill session.

I am watching....what are you referring to?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gotta go for BPA.

But it's shocking that the Lakers only have two guards (JC & DLO) on roster, and I get the feeling they're both on the trade block.

I think Magic would like to upgrade...I don't think it's possible
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

Shareef O'Neal, son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona

http://www.espn.com/recruiting/basketball/story/_/id/19191722/shareef-oneal-son-shaquille-oneal-commits-arizona-wildcats
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gotta go for BPA.

At a guess, he'd want to improve other spots by trading them, and then shore up the position in free agency. Maybe a Jrue Holiday type or something.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Oladipo.

Some defensive motor
Great wingspan
Good lateral quickness

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I am watching....what are you referring to?

Body language... got down on himself on the baseline 3s, not really crazy hustling out there (but admittedly it's not in front of an NBA team)... Went to the FT line to "reset his shot".

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gotta go for BPA.

At a guess, he'd want to improve other spots by trading them, and then shore up the position in free agency. Maybe a Jrue Holiday type or something.

Dlo is our young prospect with the highest floor. I have a tough time projecting him as a franchise player, but he is the closest we have of a sure thing. If we are going to move him it is better we get an all star in return.

If we can move our young players to bring Butler and PG13 I'm all in. Those guys alone aren't going to make us title contenders, but they can lead us to have the best perimeter defense in the league and maybe make someone like Curry look at us if he is not happy playing alongside another superstar.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gotta go for BPA.

Dlo is our young prospect with the highest floor. I have a tough time projecting him as a franchise player, but he is the closest we have of a sure thing. If we are going to move him it is better we get an all star in return.

If we can move our young players to bring Butler and PG13 I'm all in. Those guys alone aren't going to make us title contenders, but they can lead us to have the best perimeter defense in the league and maybe make someone like Curry look at us if he is not happy playing alongside another superstar.

that be Ingram with the highest floor and best chance to be a franchise player...

I just get the feeling magic is looking for a big star in that spot...(think about Ireland and his inside info we will make a run at Curry)
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gotta go for BPA.

that be Ingram with the highest floor and best chance to be a franchise player...

I just get the feeling magic is looking for a big star in that spot...(think about Ireland and his inside info we will make a run at Curry)

Dlo is the best player now so his floor is higher, ceiling is another matter.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gotta go for BPA.

I disagree...
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gotta go for BPA.

I disagree...

Lol
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

We need bigs that can actually shoot and defend.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

agreed...we need a big time defender that can shoot...love Nance/Black/TRob but we need them all in one player that can shoot
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Zu by himself, Julius by himself, and Nance by himself are all great players that I'd love to have. But when they are your 3 best bigs on a team with an offense that needs spacing, it's problematic IMO.

If we can find a big that can shoot, rebound, and defend in the draft, FA, or trade, I wouldn't hesitate to part with one or two of them to make room (provided we get a decent return of course).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Here are the bigs under contract.

Moz
Zub
Nance
Randle
Deng
Black

Trob

We have 2 true centers and a bunch of PF sized players. Meanwhile we have only Dlo and Jc under contract as guards.

Top3 pick likely will be a guard and maybe we luck into someone like Kennard with 28.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gotta go for BPA.

I disagree...

You can make a case for your argument only considering the last month of the season alone.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Practice wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Moz
Zub
Nance
Randle
Deng
Black

Trob

We have 2 true centers and a bunch of PF sized players. Meanwhile we have only Dlo and Jc under contract as guards.

Top3 pick likely will be a guard and maybe we luck into someone like Kennard with 28.

Honestly, I'm not all that excited with our front court players. There are a couple that I think can grow and become solid players, but I wouldn't mind a change in the front court. Jules, Nance, and possibly Zubac(would hesitate to trade Zu unless someone values him as much as I do) could all be used as trade pieces. An athletic guy who is 6'10" or bigger, can shoot, and has near elite level wingspan would be ideal, but those don't grow on trees. Hell, I'll settle for a Randle that can shoot 33+% from 3.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Practice wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Moz
Zub
Nance
Randle
Deng
Black

Trob

Honestly, I'm not all that excited with our front court players. There are a couple that I think can grow and become solid players, but I wouldn't mind a change in the front court. Jules, Nance, and possibly Zubac(would hesitate to trade Zu unless someone values him as much as I do) could all be used as trade pieces. An athletic guy who is 6'10" or bigger, can shoot, and has near elite level wingspan would be ideal, but those don't grow on trees. Hell, I'll settle for a Randle that can shoot 33+% from 3.

We need to make a trade or two, even if it's just a minor move where you move one bench big for another team's bench guard. The imbalance on the roster is crazy.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gotta go for BPA.

I disagree...

You can make a case for your argument only considering the last month of the season alone.

loved Eddie Jones but when Kobe came on board I knew he was the better player...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 422 of 1281
Jump to: