Facebook killer found dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Facebook killer found dead

Good riddance, too bad he took an innocent life before he went nuts.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/18/us/cleveland-facebook-killing-video/index.html
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Godwin's daughter Brenda Haymon learned of Stephens' death as she was planning funeral arrangements for her father.

"All I can say is that I wish he had gone down in a hail of one hundred bullets," Brenda Haymon told CNN. "I wish it had gone down like that instead of him shooting himself."

I understand she's upset, but why would she wish that police officers would be put in harms way?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

Trash.

!...
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
Godwin's daughter Brenda Haymon learned of Stephens' death as she was planning funeral arrangements for her father.

"All I can say is that I wish he had gone down in a hail of one hundred bullets," Brenda Haymon told CNN. "I wish it had gone down like that instead of him shooting himself."

I understand she's upset, but why would she wish that police officers would be put in harms way?

She wasn't thinking about the Police Officers.
She wanted vengeance.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Good riddance. Bad publicity for fam of the family.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I hope it hurt
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Thank goodness for closure for people up in the Northeast.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

I know, right?? Because at the end of the day, it's all about the police officers, not an old guy who got shot in the face for no reason.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

I'm a little confused by this response. He shot himself at the end of a high-speed chase, not alone in some field away from police. Police WERE present and in potential danger. Her point was that she wished that cops had taken him out on themselves as opposed to him getting to take the easy way out.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

What a coward, Robert Godwin did not deserve (nor does anyone) to have their life ended like that.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

needed street justice
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

There was a facebook killer? Had no idea
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Think of all the crap the elderly victim probably faced in his life for it to end so needlessly by a random miscreant.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Think of all the crap the elderly victim probably faced in his life for it to end so needlessly by a random miscreant.

I accidentally viewed the murder video with audio because it was embedded in a webpage and played itself before I was able to read the story. On the internet I have seen people eaten by escalators, I have seen brutality by ISIS and drug cartels, I have read at least half of postandpivot's LG catalogue, but that video is sickening, and it's something I could never look at a second time.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

I accidentally viewed the murder video with audio because it was embedded in a webpage and played itself before I was able to read the story. On the internet I have seen people eaten by escalators, I have seen brutality by ISIS and drug cartels, I have read at least half of postandpivot's LG catalogue, but that video is sickening, and it's something I could never look at a second time.

I usually don't have a problem watching these types of videos, but I refuse to watch this one. it's bad enough watching the version on the news that cuts off just as you see the fear on the man's face.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

I'm a little confused by this response. He shot himself at the end of a high-speed chase, not alone in some field away from police. Police WERE present and in potential danger. Her point was that she wished that cops had taken him out on themselves as opposed to him getting to take the easy way out.

Sure, but that implies there's a shootout, where he is also firing at the police. It was better for the public in general for him to take his own life.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

I have a close friend that watches ISIS videos and other gruesome videos on live leak all the time but he also recommended me not to watch it. If he's recommending me not watch it, that's gotta say something.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

Sure, but that implies there's a shootout, where he is also firing at the police. It was better for the public in general for him to take his own life.

And even if there wasn't a shootout, police are not robots. Taking another human's life has mental consequences.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

Not necessarily. All he would have to do is show a weapon and they would open my fire. Anyway, my point was not that the police weren't in danger - quite the opposite. My point is that police were already on the scene and were by default in a position of possible peril (thus my comment about him not offing himself alone in a field), and that I can understand the family's feelings about the way he went out on his own terms and that they weren't being capricious about the police officers involved, who were already on scene either way.

Otherwise, your comment would make complete sense if he had been found dead in a field by his own hands.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

And even if there wasn't a shootout, police are not robots. Taking another human's life has mental consequences.

For some. But, as evidence has shown over many years, a great number of police officers have made it more than clear that taking another person's life is not a big deal to them - especially when it is a person of color.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

I saw it. Shooter was irredeemable filth. I don't blame the family member for wanting him to get lit up like Tony Montana. There wasn't even a vague backdrop of war a la ISIS footage to attempt to rationalize it as just something that, sad but true, happens in "that much less civilized part of the world way over there". We can't make this an "over there" kind of phenomenon. This is the kind of thing that's happening in Amurica in broad daylight on live feed. This kind of scene transcends race, hood, religion theories, too. It's an American phenomenon.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Since the cop shootings last year it seemed things had simmered down. But now there is another random shooting in Fresno. Some kind of violent fever spreads across the nation. Really weird times we live in.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

She wanted a slow death, filled with misery. One hundred bullet before the final breath. Pain and misery not a quick probably painless end. She's angry.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: