Better Call Saul - Season 3 - Returns April 10th! (Hidden "Spoiler" Inside)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 4708
Location: L.A. area

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

I thought the flash-forward was great. Seeing Saul punching the clock and brown bagging it at the mall was humbling. You feel for the guy, or at least I did. Such a mundane and empty life. He had all this potential and he's ended up at Cinnabon, working with teenagers at the mall. AND he's balding, badly. Then he shows he's still got some fire in his belly... AFTER he rats out the kid.

Realizing what Mike was doing and seeing it all fall into place was awesome.

Chuck is starting to annoy the hell out of me. Great acting, because he's so convincing... but he just needs to keel over already. I see Jimmy just losing his shtt one day dealing with all Chuck's crap (irony) and accidentally sending Chuck to an early grave.
_________________
"You've got to bring nuts to take nuts." -UGK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 37996
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I thought the flash-forward was great. Seeing Saul punching the clock and brown bagging it at the mall was humbling. You feel for the guy, or at least I did. Such a mundane and empty life. He had all this potential and he's ended up at Cinnabon, working with teenagers at the mall. AND he's balding, badly. Then he shows he's still got some fire in his belly... AFTER he rats out the kid.

Realizing what Mike was doing and seeing it all fall into place was awesome.

Chuck is starting to annoy the hell out of me. Great acting, because he's so convincing... but he just needs to keel over already. I see Jimmy just losing his shtt one day dealing with all Chuck's crap (irony) and accidentally sending Chuck to an early grave.


That would certainly be something that would send Jimmy over to the Dark Side that is Saul.
_________________
So high, the street girls wouldn’t take my pay

She said come see me on a better day, and she just danced away


- Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 2728

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

Loved the scene where Kim has Jimmy give her a dollar as to keep everything confidential and legal which BB fans will remember Saul used the same tactic in the desert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 169

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
Loved the scene where Kim has Jimmy give her a dollar as to keep everything confidential and legal which BB fans will remember Saul used the same tactic in the desert


Yeah out of all the callbacks in the ep I liked that one too. Enjoyed jimmy telking chuck off condequences be damned. He should have never looked back, his brother obviously has no regard for him.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 22140

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:
Loved the scene where Kim has Jimmy give her a dollar as to keep everything confidential and legal which BB fans will remember Saul used the same tactic in the desert


Yeah out of all the callbacks in the ep I liked that one too. Enjoyed jimmy telking chuck off condequences be damned. He should have never looked back, his brother obviously has no regard for him.....


Wow good memory.

I loved the scene with Ernesto and Kim as well. The acting across the board is simply top notch.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 1900
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

(bleep) good episode

"No wonder your wife left you, what took her so long?"

And so passes Jimmy McGill
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 25948
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject:

most of the better call saul episodes feel like the second half is better than the first half
_________________
Give unto us more BBQ IQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 37996
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

FRANCESCA!!!!

VICTOR!!!!!

We got TWO character call backs. Victor could be one would foresee, but I never would have thought of Francesca.

GREAT freakin' episode.

First of all, the first two acts of the episode was some of the most brilliant cinematography and editing one could hope to see on TV or anywhere. The shots and sequences of them on the bridge and spillway as Mike reverse tracks his trackers was gorgeously crafted. Not a wasted frame or composition. I watched it twice with no sound just to absorb it.

The attention to detail was amazing (as always). From the aforementioned "put a dollar in my pocket" reference to the way they slowly revealed Gus teh same way did in Breaking bad.

And then the slow burn of seeing Jimmy peeling the tape of the freshly painted wall the way Chuck told him to in the last episode to him ripping it off and thus peeling the paint before he storms off to confront Chuck just the way Chuck told Howard he would.

Loved the whole Mike getting burned thing as well. The phone on the gas cap bit in the middle of the desert was perfect BB stuff.

Granted that BCS has the whole BB franchise to build on and the writers have a wealth of information to utilize, but BCS is definitely becoming my favorite of the two shows.
_________________
So high, the street girls wouldn’t take my pay

She said come see me on a better day, and she just danced away


- Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 37996
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
most of the better call saul episodes feel like the second half is better than the first half


AS I said above, the teaser and act 1 of this episode were AMAZING! They may not have rolled out a wealth of information, but that's the very point. There's a long slow path to getting anything meaningful, and the sequence that leads Mike to Los Pollos was gorgeous and riveting.
_________________
So high, the street girls wouldn’t take my pay

She said come see me on a better day, and she just danced away


- Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 37996
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
(bleep) good episode

"No wonder your wife left you, what took her so long?"

And so passes Jimmy McGill


The descent is in brakeless mode now.
_________________
So high, the street girls wouldn’t take my pay

She said come see me on a better day, and she just danced away


- Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB