Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

lakerjoshua wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
It was discovered early this morning that Aaron Hernandez hanged himself in prison. What a sad ending to a tragic life.

The tragedy and sadness lies with the people he murdered.
without a doubt.
but i think theres also some sadness to his life because he was a troubled guy and he had so much going for him yet he couldnt leave that 'life'.

He lost his dad when he was 16, not violently, from a surgery went wrong. He was a star HS player with a free ride at Florida which led him to a huge NFL deal. Other than his dad passing away there is nothing "troubling" about his childhood. He was given opportunities in life very few of us have been given. And the scumbag blew it.

Any sympathy for this creep is beyond my comprehension.

His dad would've probably set him straight. A father figure is somebody that is sorely needed in some youths and probably to keep them in check until they finally mature. The lack of a parental figure is a reason why many youths join gangs and then lose all sense of right from wrong.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

lakersken80 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
It was discovered early this morning that Aaron Hernandez hanged himself in prison. What a sad ending to a tragic life.

without a doubt.
but i think theres also some sadness to his life because he was a troubled guy and he had so much going for him yet he couldnt leave that 'life'.

He lost his dad when he was 16, not violently, from a surgery went wrong. He was a star HS player with a free ride at Florida which led him to a huge NFL deal. Other than his dad passing away there is nothing "troubling" about his childhood. He was given opportunities in life very few of us have been given. And the scumbag blew it.

His dad would've probably set him straight. A father figure is somebody that is sorely needed in some youths and probably to keep them in check until they finally mature. The lack of a parental figure is a reason why many youths join gangs and then lose all sense of right from wrong.

Yet he didn't join the Bloods until college......I've been following this case for a long time and I encourage anyone who might try and defend this scumbag to do some reading. He's the poster child for a spoiled, entitled jock with a huge ego that wanted to prove how tough he was. This is not a story of a kid who came from poverty, gangs and violence to scrape his way into the NFL so please don't try and spin it that way.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

lakerjoshua wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

without a doubt.

Yet he didn't join the Bloods until college......I've been following this case for a long time and I encourage anyone who might try and defend this scumbag to do some reading. He's the poster child for a spoiled, entitled jock with a huge ego that wanted to prove how tough he was. This is not a story of a kid who came from poverty, gangs and violence to scrape his way into the NFL so please don't try and spin it that way.

Saying he needed somebody to set him straight is in no way defending the actions he did. Its pretty obvious he lost his way a while ago and resorted to being a thug.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

lakersken80 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

without a doubt.

Saying he needed somebody to set him straight is in no way defending the actions he did. Its pretty obvious he lost his way a while ago and resorted to being a thug.

He's no Najee Harris is all I'm saying.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/31/najee-harris-opens-up-about-homelessness-football-as-therapy/
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
It's possible that being acquitted in this last trial triggered him to snap in a way that being found guilty may not have. It seems counter-intuitive but he may have felt more guilty getting away with murder and duping this last jury. Or maybe with that trial over, the reality of spending the rest of his life in prison finally hit him and he just wanted it to be over.

One of the prison officials was saying how Hernandez had a tighter grip on his emotions that any prisoner he had ever met. I think the tight grip finally snapped. In that sense, it's a lot like the original murder. Some guy bumps into him at a bar and he had so much built up anger that he snapped, tracked the guy down and murdered him over nothing.

I'm not going to comment on the verdict because I didn't follow the trial but I find it ironic when the verdict doesn't go as expected people go all in on the jury. I think you can dupe one person its kind of hard to dupe 12. It seems it easier to blame the jury and not blame the prosecution for putting on a less than stellar case. The last time I checked the burden is on them. The justice system is not perfect. There are innocent people in jail and guilty people on the streets. Juries get a bad rap when the verdict doesn't go the way the public sees it but prosecutors and district attorneys don't get the same rap when someone is released after serving 20 years for a crime they didn't commit
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
It's possible that being acquitted in this last trial triggered him to snap in a way that being found guilty may not have. It seems counter-intuitive but he may have felt more guilty getting away with murder and duping this last jury. Or maybe with that trial over, the reality of spending the rest of his life in prison finally hit him and he just wanted it to be over.

One of the prison officials was saying how Hernandez had a tighter grip on his emotions that any prisoner he had ever met. I think the tight grip finally snapped. In that sense, it's a lot like the original murder. Some guy bumps into him at a bar and he had so much built up anger that he snapped, tracked the guy down and murdered him over nothing.

I'm not going to comment on the verdict because I didn't follow the trial but I find it ironic when the verdict doesn't go as expected people go all in on the jury. I think you can dupe one person its kind of hard to dupe 12. It seems it easier to blame the jury and not blame the prosecution for putting on a less than stellar case. The last time I checked the burden is on them. The justice system is not perfect. There are innocent people in jail and guilty people on the streets. Juries get a bad rap when the verdict doesn't go the way the public sees it but prosecutors and district attorneys don't get the same rap when someone is released after serving 20 years for a crime they didn't commit

I was commenting on HIS possible state of mind, not the jury. In other words, from HIS point of view, if he did the murders and was found not guilty, HE may have felt that he duped the jury. I was neither blaming the jury nor commenting on their verdict one way or the other.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Something about this doesn't add up to me.

That being said I'm not upset he's dead either
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

If his conviction wasn't going to be overturned he was going to spend the next 40-50+ years in prison. Thats a lot of time to be locked up behind bars, hoping not to get shanked, building alliances amongst other prison inmates so you won't get killed behind bars. It was going to be a rough life for him coming from the posh world of a multi-millionaire pro NFL player.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

This may have played into it:

Aaron Hernandez died innocent of murder, despite the conviction for which he was serving a life sentence.

It may be technical, but it's true. Aaron was convicted in 2015 of murdering Odin Lloyd. He was serving a life sentence when he was found hanging from his cell early Wednesday morning.

Under Massachusetts law, when a person dies while a criminal case is on appeal, the death effectively erases all the criminal proceedings ... it's as if Aaron was never arrested, never tried, never convicted.

The logic is that a person is not only entitled to a fair trial, they're entitled to appeal a conviction, and the process is not cemented until the appeal process is exhausted.

And there's more. Aaron is being sued civilly for wrongful death by Lloyd's family. When Aaron was alive, the family could use the criminal conviction to automatically establish liability ... but now they can't. They'll have to retry the murder allegation in front of a new jury, without Aaron present.

LINK

I don't think Aaron Hernandez is smart enough to figure out the loopholes and his lawyer wouldn't have told him to commit suicide to save his estate.

Oh I'm sure his lawyer never told him to off himself. But you can be sure that his lawyer has gone over all financial implications of his various legal options in regards to appeals and the civil suit. He doesn't have to be too smart to put it all together. Especially considering one of the things guys do in prison is research relating to the laws that affect their situation. I'm also sure he is aware of how a "voiding" of the conviction would affect the payoff of his NFL money and how that might make more money available to his daughter.

The one thing that would really make sense about this suicide is if he did it for financial reasons if he thought there were benefits to be had there and wasn't sure he'd win his appeal.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

If his conviction wasn't going to be overturned he was going to spend the next 40-50+ years in prison. Thats a lot of time to be locked up behind bars, hoping not to get shanked, building alliances amongst other prison inmates so you won't get killed behind bars. It was going to be a rough life for him coming from the posh world of a multi-millionaire pro NFL player.

True its not as if his life was going to get better so he did himself a favor but I find it hard to believe that he was acquitted of one murder and there was talk(yes I know talk) of them trying to get the other case overturned.

His lawyer was Casey Anthony's lawyer so he can't be underestimated. I could see someone doing vigilante justice here.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

True its not as if his life was going to get better so he did himself a favor but I find it hard to believe that he was acquitted of one murder and there was talk(yes I know talk) of them trying to get the other case overturned.

His lawyer was Casey Anthony's lawyer so he can't be underestimated. I could see someone doing vigilante justice here.

He wasn't a child molester or a Jeffrey Dahmer type, so prison style vigilante justice doesn't seem to likely. If he was going to be killed by a fellow inmate, it'd likely be a gang thing or a prison dispute and it would be handled the same way they all are - with a shiv or deadly beating - not a plot to kill him and make it look like suicide.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

He wasn't a child molester or a Jeffrey Dahmer type, so prison style vigilante justice doesn't seem to likely. If he was going to be killed by a fellow inmate, it'd likely be a gang thing or a prison dispute and it would be handled the same way they all are - with a shiv or deadly beating - not a plot to kill him and make it look like suicide.

Agree, their classification or how they're labeled and where they're housed makes a huge difference in any inmate's ultimate fate, as well as pulling any in-house cardinal sins (as they relate to drugs/money or drug money). The La Eme heavy hitter Rene Enriquez talked about how the Menendez bros were largely viewed as lovable losers by the rest of them. Those boys really got thrown in with the sharks, man. They never would've done what they did if they were told that they'd be housed along with a dozen true-to-life Grim Reapers. I read Enriquez' book in waiting rooms and the like. One of the Menendez brothers thought he was going to be hit because he had promised some canteen items to a heavy hitter and couldn't come through when he got in trouble and was isolated for a few days in a different cell. The Eses were amused at Lyle/Eric being panicked over candy bars. Enriquez also talked about how the gangsters would tell Lyle/Eric to shave his head because he was trying to cover up his hair loss with an old rug (vanity a la American Psycho). One time the staff took Lyle's rug along with some other contraband and, to the amusement of the gangsters, it was the only time Lyle/Eric supposedly displayed anger to the staff.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

If you have a kid (or kids) and sometimes worry about their choices as they're growing up and exercising more independence, this might resonate ...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/opinions/hernandez-not-a-monster-jones-opinion/index.html

Anyway, RIP #81 ...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
If you have a kid (or kids) and sometimes worry about their choices as they're growing up and exercising more independence, this might resonate ...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/opinions/hernandez-not-a-monster-jones-opinion/index.html

Anyway, RIP #81 ...

Oh please . . . there are lots of troubled people and people with troubles who don't resort to murder (and pointless and gratuitous ones at that). Plenty of people lose their fathers when they are young. Plenty have to deal with tough lives far worse than Hernandez's. Those aren't excuses for becoming vermin. No one breaks out excuses for the vermin who succumb to their baser instincts during adversity. But apparently if you are a talented athlete/celebrity suddenly you go from scumbag who coldly and selfishly chooses the worst path to a victim of circumstance.

No RIP from me. It's not deserved. About the best I will give him is that I hope the theories about him offing himself in order to hopefully salvage something financially for his daughter are true. He may be screwing the family of victim for his own ends, but at least his ends were to help his daughter and he removed his miserable excuse for a person from this planet in doing so.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
the association wrote:

Anyway, RIP #81 ...

Oh please . . . there are lots of troubled people and people with troubles who don't resort to murder (and pointless and gratuitous ones at that). Plenty of people lose their fathers when they are young. Plenty have to deal with tough lives far worse than Hernandez's. Those aren't excuses for becoming vermin. No one breaks out excuses for the vermin who succumb to their baser instincts during adversity. But apparently if you are a talented athlete/celebrity suddenly you go from scumbag who coldly and selfishly chooses the worst path to a victim of circumstance.

No RIP from me. It's not deserved. About the best I will give him is that I hope the theories about him offing himself in order to hopefully salvage something financially for his daughter are true. He may be screwing the family of victim for his own ends, but at least his ends were to help his daughter and he removed his miserable excuse for a person from this planet in doing so.

I wasn't commenting on his path, defending his choices, or justifying his actions. I was simply suggesting that reading that short opinion piece reminded me that I sometimes don't slow down enough to really ensure I'm doing the best I can to instill the right values in my son. And I shared the link because I assumed that other parents might share similar concerns. As a father, I've seen how academics, athletics, other extracurricular commitments and social development (to say nothing of hormones, technology and other influencers) all converge on my son in ways that sometimes worry me ... and he's not yet a teenager, so ...

Whether you think Aaron Hernandez was a saint or a sinner, I think the arc of his life is sad ... and I don't have venom for him as a lost soul. I just don't. It's a sad tale. Anyway, that's my view ...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject:

Too soon?

Too soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject:

I am wondering if the strategy to bring his daughter to court to help in his acquittal actually backfired and turned out to be the reason for his demise.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
A true gangster to the end.

Say what you will about him, but on the field he was nails.

Great player, bad person.

True gangsters don't kill themselves. If anything they go out guns blazing.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Probably killed himself because he was still in prison for life with no chance of parole even after the acquittal.

That case was on appeal. That being so, you seem to be saying he didn't think he had a chance to win the appeal. You think he'd take his life without knowing?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Probably killed himself because he was still in prison for life with no chance of parole even after the acquittal.

That case was on appeal. That being so, you seem to be saying he didn't think he had a chance to win the appeal. You think he'd take his life without knowing?

Aaron Hernandez reportedly had bible verse written on forehead when found dead

Quote:
The WBZ I-Team has learned Aaron Hernandez had the words “John 3:16” on his forehead when he was found dead in his prison cell early Wednesday morning. The bible verse is one of the most quoted in Christianity and says in part that whoever believes in Jesus “shall not perish but have everlasting life.”
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
the association wrote:

Anyway, RIP #81 ...

I wasn't commenting on his path, defending his choices, or justifying his actions. I was simply suggesting that reading that short opinion piece reminded me that I sometimes don't slow down enough to really ensure I'm doing the best I can to instill the right values in my son. And I shared the link because I assumed that other parents might share similar concerns. As a father, I've seen how academics, athletics, other extracurricular commitments and social development (to say nothing of hormones, technology and other influencers) all converge on my son in ways that sometimes worry me ... and he's not yet a teenager, so ...

Whether you think Aaron Hernandez was a saint or a sinner, I think the arc of his life is sad ... and I don't have venom for him as a lost soul. I just don't. It's a sad tale. Anyway, that's my view ...

Fair enough.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Quote:
The WBZ I-Team has learned Aaron Hernandez had the words “John 3:16” on his forehead when he was found dead in his prison cell early Wednesday morning. The bible verse is one of the most quoted in Christianity and says in part that whoever believes in Jesus “shall not perish but have everlasting life.”

Quote:
Quote:
Hernandez Had Bible Verse On Forehead, May Have Smoked Synthetic Marijuana Before Death:

If I had to assign a reason for his alleged suicide I'd site the smoking of Synthetic Marijuana as the cause. LINK
Quote:
As I've already mentioned, I've seen gross confusion and violence directed that has at times taken on sexualized form. A handful of patients become so violent that they require general anesthesia and intubation to protect them from hurting themselves or others. Increased heart rate with chest pain and kidney failure have been observed with some regularity in our hospital. Emerging data on synthetic marijuana also lists anxiety, vomiting, high blood pressure, tremor, seizures, hallucinations and paranoia as common effects of the drug.

ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Hernandez Had Bible Verse On Forehead, May Have Smoked Synthetic Marijuana Before Death:

If I had to assign a reason for his alleged suicide I'd site the smoking of Synthetic Marijuana as the cause. LINK
Quote:
As I've already mentioned, I've seen gross confusion and violence directed that has at times taken on sexualized form. A handful of patients become so violent that they require general anesthesia and intubation to protect them from hurting themselves or others. Increased heart rate with chest pain and kidney failure have been observed with some regularity in our hospital. Emerging data on synthetic marijuana also lists anxiety, vomiting, high blood pressure, tremor, seizures, hallucinations and paranoia as common effects of the drug.

Ive never understood why someone would opt for synthetic marijuana over the real deal. With all the cases ending up in the ER and drugs coming from China when you could just get real mj......Also prison sounds terrible. I guess appeals were super unlikely. Look at Gronkowski having ridic amounts of fun but still levelheaded and what not. Why choose thug life when in the spotlight. Someone spills a drink on you and you commit murder....Seems like he was a ticking time bomb anyway. I can understand the father figure comments. Who else is going to reel in a hotheaded young millionaire who feels entitled to some ultra violence.
vlonethug
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

what if he killed himself to save money he would waste on a legal team..money that could be used by his daughter & fam.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: