Lakers Should Honor Mitch Kupchack Next Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood $winger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.

He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.

No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

Yes overreaction. Mitch's NBA knowledge is about 100 times that of our current FO. A consultant role would have been smart, Jeanie has never proven to be smart.

too bad mitch didn't have the knowledge of how every GM in league contacts and tampers with potential free agents weeks in advance of midnight free agency period. Mitch was outdated and slowing us down unfortunately. I love mitch for the good things he has done but keeping magic in the dark about the things that were going on during trade deadline i'm sure felt like betrayal to Jeanie Buss and magic.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject:

Seems an ill-timed moment to consider an event to honor Mitch's contributions. Did the club ever hold a similar Jerry West-as-GM event ?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Seems an ill-timed moment to consider an event to honor Mitch's contributions. Did the club ever hold a similar Jerry West-as-GM event ?

You mean other than the statue?
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject:

Sure, I'm not sure about next year. Say we lose our pick, I'm guessing a lot of blame will go on Mitch and Jim.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
70sdude wrote:

You mean other than the statue?

lol
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

Hollywood $winger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
He eventually will when time passes. Unfortunately, he allied himself with the wrong Buss and had to go down with his inbred captain.

He didn't ally himself with any Buss. He only did his job. Overreaction by Jeanie, but I hope she can learn from it.

No overreaction. He deserved to be fired. When you do a bad job year after year that's what you deserve.

Yes overreaction. Mitch's NBA knowledge is about 100 times that of our current FO. A consultant role would have been smart, Jeanie has never proven to be smart.

too bad mitch didn't have the knowledge of how every GM in league contacts and tampers with potential free agents weeks in advance of midnight free agency period. Mitch was outdated and slowing us down unfortunately. I love mitch for the good things he has done but keeping magic in the dark about the things that were going on during trade deadline i'm sure felt like betrayal to Jeanie Buss and magic.

It was the opposite of betrayal. And it was his refusal to betray that cost him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
so now you guys want to reward failure.....he is the reason we are where we are.....H..no

You seem to have little understanding of Laker history.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

Hollywood $winger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Yeah, too bad someone has integrity. For those of you who don't, and those who don't believe Mitch should have, I have a great deal of pity. And Magic wasn't Mitch's boss at the deadline, why should Mitch have kept him in the loop? Mitch wasn't a loose lipped kind of guy, so there was no way he was going to confide in Magic. Magic is known as a media whore, and there were chances that what Mitch was working on would be made public. I find it interesting that what Mitch was working on was exactly what Magic and Pelinka acted on. Always following Mitch's lead.
Hollywood $winger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hollywood $winger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Yeah, too bad someone has integrity. For those of you who don't, and those who don't believe Mitch should have, I have a great deal of pity. And Magic wasn't Mitch's boss at the deadline, why should Mitch have kept him in the loop? Mitch wasn't a loose lipped kind of guy, so there was no way he was going to confide in Magic. Magic is known as a media whore, and there were chances that what Mitch was working on would be made public. I find it interesting that what Mitch was working on was exactly what Magic and Pelinka acted on. Always following Mitch's lead.

it's not about integrity it's about putting yourself and your employer at a disadvantage because you are going too over the top in following the rules when no one else is and there is no penalty if you do what everyone else is doing. mitch was being blind and ridiculous if he was only gm not contacting agents/reps before free agency. yes magic was hired at that point as basketball ops consultant wasn't he? i'm referring to the boogie possible trade around the deadline.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

You just defined integrity.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hollywood $winger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

If people don't understand Mitch's loyalty to the Lakers, shame on them. Even with his job on the line, Mitch passed on a deal that would of screwed us with Sacramento instead of trying to get that "superstar" Boogie Cousins.

Coach Wooden
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: