Rank Our Young Core (Trade Asset-Wise)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
This is really a measure of value to other teams and perception, so I think our trade assets are:

1) #1 pick
2) #2 pick
3) #3 pick
4) Brandon Ingram
5) D'Angelo Russell
6) Ivica Zubac
7) Larry Nance
8) Julius Randle
9) Jordan Clarkson

Mind you, Randle's about to get paid, and Clarkson already has been.

Now where does the 28th pick rank?

That's my personal list, FWIW.

Probably 10th, maybe 9th.
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject:

personal valuation:

ingram
russel
randle
zubac
nance
clarkson

i for one am embracing the rebuild
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think of the current players Ingram will be the first player that is requested. Maybe it's a perception thing (I.e. Work ethic, humility, size, etc).

I also wonder too if Dlo/Jules either stay together in LA or will be traded together (they share agents).

only untouchable if at all is Ingram. rest everybody can go

I would say the opposite as Ingram is the only one we have with true value to other teams who are willing to play the potential game. We can sell a higher ceiling on Ingram. But our other players have played for much longer and they are closer to there ceiling now. I mean why trade a Butler or PG centered around acquiring Dlo when they could just sign a George Hill or Patty Mills instead and get the equivalent type player.

At least with Ingram there is a perception that he can get significantly better so teams will be asking for him first which means he's likely to be the first one to go.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
This is really a measure of value to other teams and perception, so I think our trade assets are:

1) #1 pick
2) #2 pick
3) #3 pick
4) Brandon Ingram
5) D'Angelo Russell
6) Ivica Zubac
7) Larry Nance
8) Julius Randle
9) Jordan Clarkson

You nailed it
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject:

For the OP:

Ordering names by estimated value high to low is RANKING, not rating.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
For the OP:

Ordering names by estimated value high to low is RANKING, not rating.

Good point!
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject:

1. Ingram
2. Dlo
3. #1, 2, 3
4, Randle
5. Zubac
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

unsure how anyone could think any of our players has a higher market value than the #1 pick......just a 25% chance at getting Markelle Fultz prevented Ainge from acquiring Butler or PG-13....two top 10 players that would have significantly increased their chance at making the Finals....just the small chance. Ingram and DLo combined does not carry that level of market value.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

1) #1 pick
2) #2 pick
3) #3 pick
4) Brandon Ingram
5) D'Angelo Russell
6) Ivica Zubac
7) Larry Nance
8) Julius Randle
9) Jordan Clarkson

Now where does the 28th pick rank?

That's my personal list, FWIW.

Probably 10th, maybe 9th.

Definitely 9th. 8th would be the question for me, mostly given the reason you mentioned.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

If the pick, Ingram, then DLO is the order, would the Pacers really settle for the 3rd best asset and let the Lakers keep the draft pick AND Ingram?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If the pick, Ingram, then DLO is the order, would the Pacers really settle for the 3rd best asset and let the Lakers keep the draft pick AND Ingram?

personally, I think it is crazy talk to think PG-13 could be had for Clarkson, Randle and #28....Bird will demand at a minimum of top #3 pick, Ingram or DLo......I think that will be the minimum. The one lesson we learned from the Shaq trade is you must get back a potential future star (Wade).
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Nope. That's why we've been saying Bird is going to be asking for way too much, especially given past negotiations with him on JO.

If we get the pick and we value Ingram the most, then the deal will probably be top 3, Dlo, and Julius as a starting point.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nope. That's why we've been saying Bird is going to be asking for way too much, especially given past negotiations with him on JO.

If we get the pick and we value Ingram the most, then the deal will probably be top 3, Dlo, and Julius as a starting point.

Way too costly. You would trade all 3 for PG13? I wouldn't.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I would hate to but if we also pawned off Moz AND Deng I would consider it because PG is a superstar. He's super close to being an All NBA player and that's only a year removed from breaking his leg at the Olympics, meaning next year he should be even better and should become all NBA. When you talk about all NBA players you are talking about potential HOFers. No one on our current team is that and I don't see anyone in the draft either. When you look at Julius, he's close to becoming just another guy, his inconsistency is starting to be who he is. Dlo has the potential to be a 1x all star or something, but again not HOF.

So while it's alot to give up, if we are unloading Moz and Deng then it's something to consider especially if the corresponding cap space gets you Blake or something this year.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

Keeping it simple, I'm thinking of the topic in terms of where the current Laker key three would be selected if presented in this draft:

BI: 4th
DAR: 8th
Randle: 13th

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I would hate to but if we also pawned off Moz AND Deng I would consider it because PG is a superstar. He's super close to being an All NBA player and that's only a year removed from breaking his leg at the Olympics, meaning next year he should be even better and should become all NBA. When you talk about all NBA players you are talking about potential HOFers. No one on our current team is that and I don't see anyone in the draft either. When you look at Julius, he's close to becoming just another guy, his inconsistency is starting to be who he is. Dlo has the potential to be a 1x all star or something, but again not HOF.

So while it's alot to give up, if we are unloading Moz and Deng then it's something to consider especially if the corresponding cap space gets you Blake or something this year.

Why would Bird take the bloated Moz/Deng deals? If anything he would be unloading deals on us.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Why would Bird take the bloated Moz/Deng deals? If anything he would be unloading deals on us.

Yeah I agree. Just saying if we can sell how valuable or whatever those assets are and trick bird into believing it then we can unload Moz and Deng. But now we're talking 5 steps down the road. I was just saying I might give up that much for PG
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

Bird isn't stupid.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

Disgruntled stars in the last year of their deal have been traded for one prime asset and some ancillary ones almost without exception.

But again, as a 25 win team, I really don't see the point of making any deal the Bird would be interested. Great, we have PG now, at the expense of either a Top 3 pick, Ingram, or Russell + change.

Now what?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
Keeping it simple, I'm thinking of the topic in terms of where the current Laker key three would be selected if presented in this draft:

based solely on their single year of college, DAR goes before BI....DAR is likely in the top 3 conversation....
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

I agree, bird would be asking for more.

But say we did, then we trade whatever remaining young assets for vets, and sign everyone we can, assuming Moz and Deng are out. So Blake, Jrue, etc.

We'd be a 50 win team. Then add another FA the following year. It's not easy but it's possible. But if we are afraid to make moves because it's too hard then why bother trying in the first place
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

Pretty much same as everybody else

Ingram
DLO
Randle
JC
Nance
ZU

But we are just talking about trade value perception. I think most GM's think Randle is better than most of us here who watch him fumble around every game. Also, draft picks are always sexier than real players...that's why I have Ingram after 2 and not before it.

Zu is at the bottom because outside of our little laker circle, not too many people know how good Zubac is for 19 and what his potential might be. Personally I'd part with Nance, JC and Randle before Zu.

I personally don't think either Ball or Fultz are GOAT level franchise players, I'd rather have Ingram than either of them right now.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:

Fam
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

1) #1 pick
2) DLO
3) Ingram
4) 2nd pick
5) 3rd pick
6) Randle
7) Zu
8) JC
9) Nance
10. 28th pick

I take DLo/Ingram over anybody in this coming up draft except Fultz. Ingram is around the exact same age of the Ball/Jackson/Tatum, only difference is he has a year of NBA experience under his belt.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Disgruntled stars in the last year of their deal have been traded for one prime asset and some ancillary ones almost without exception.

But again, as a 25 win team, I really don't see the point of making any deal the Bird would be interested. Great, we have PG now, at the expense of either a Top 3 pick, Ingram, or Russell + change.

Now what?

I am all in on the plan to try to be that young team knocking at the door of the playoffs next season (keep our youth, make some small moves where needed, clear some cap space where possible), and then go all in on the summer of 2018 to kick the playoff door open in the following season.

I thing growth and development alone could add 5-10 wins next season, and 3-6 more just with roster continuity.....that puts us at 35-43 wins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: