2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 423, 424, 425 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

LaVar Ball is 'worst thing to happen to basketball in last 100 years,' Nike Executive ex-coach says

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lavar-ball-is-worst-thing-to-happen-to-basketball-in-last-100-years-nike-exec-says/
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LaVar Ball is 'worst thing to happen to basketball in last 100 years,' Nike Executive ex-coach says

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lavar-ball-is-worst-thing-to-happen-to-basketball-in-last-100-years-nike-exec-says/

Somebody's getting annoyed in negotiation meetings.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

Now is the time to bamboozle them. The other two hasn't been exposed yet. I only see Lonzo as the real deal. I don't see it in the other two. If they all were like Lonzo, then maybe you can convince someone for a billion. LOL!
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Portland wouldn't accept.

Why not?

Because it would be a stupid trade on their side. Taking Mozzer's contract and giving up a higher draft pick? Why on earth would they agree to that trade?
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

No Doubt its John Thompson.
#1 Markelle Fultz
#2 Lonzo Ball
#3 Jayson Tatum
#4 Lauri Markkanen

Markkanen will be a better pro than Josh Jackson

Doubling Down: Josh Jackson will get traded before his rookie contract expires and will have off court issues.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Das wrote:
adkindo wrote:

No Doubt its John Thompson.

Nevermind its George Raveling
#1 Markelle Fultz
#2 Lonzo Ball
#3 Jayson Tatum
#4 Lauri Markkanen

Markkanen will be a better pro than Josh Jackson

Doubling Down: Josh Jackson will get traded before his rookie contract expires and will have off court issues.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Practice wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
As the Laker Film Room guys correctly noted, we have too many 4/5s. With the picks I would expect them to stock up on guards as Dlo/Jc are The only two under contract.

We need bigs that can actually shoot and defend.

Here are the bigs under contract.

Moz
Zub
Nance
Randle
Deng
Black

Trob

We have 2 true centers and a bunch of PF sized players. Meanwhile we have only Dlo and Jc under contract as guards.

Top3 pick likely will be a guard and maybe we luck into someone like Kennard with 28.

Honestly, I'm not all that excited with our front court players. There are a couple that I think can grow and become solid players, but I wouldn't mind a change in the front court. Jules, Nance, and possibly Zubac(would hesitate to trade Zu unless someone values him as much as I do) could all be used as trade pieces. An athletic guy who is 6'10" or bigger, can shoot, and has near elite level wingspan would be ideal, but those don't grow on trees. Hell, I'll settle for a Randle that can shoot 33+% from 3.

We need to make a trade or two, even if it's just a minor move where you move one bench big for another team's bench guard. The imbalance on the roster is crazy.

Nance for Mudiay?
tkLAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Practice wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
As the Laker Film Room guys correctly noted, we have too many 4/5s. With the picks I would expect them to stock up on guards as Dlo/Jc are The only two under contract.

We need bigs that can actually shoot and defend.

Here are the bigs under contract.

Moz
Zub
Nance
Randle
Deng
Black

Trob

We have 2 true centers and a bunch of PF sized players. Meanwhile we have only Dlo and Jc under contract as guards.

Top3 pick likely will be a guard and maybe we luck into someone like Kennard with 28.

Honestly, I'm not all that excited with our front court players. There are a couple that I think can grow and become solid players, but I wouldn't mind a change in the front court. Jules, Nance, and possibly Zubac(would hesitate to trade Zu unless someone values him as much as I do) could all be used as trade pieces. An athletic guy who is 6'10" or bigger, can shoot, and has near elite level wingspan would be ideal, but those don't grow on trees. Hell, I'll settle for a Randle that can shoot 33+% from 3.

We need to make a trade or two, even if it's just a minor move where you move one bench big for another team's bench guard. The imbalance on the roster is crazy.

Nance for Mudiay?

nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Nance for Mudiay?

Nwaba can be enough
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

I think Mudiay is still salvageable. At the very least, he's an interesting backup PG who could pair with Russell down the line if they can fix the holes in his game. Reality is there's a glut of bigs available in this league, while pretty much everyone wants more ball-handling guards. So you gotta bargain hunt if you want one.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I think Mudiay is still salvageable. At the very least, he's an interesting backup PG who could pair with Russell down the line if they can fix the holes in his game. Reality is there's a glut of bigs available in this league, while pretty much everyone wants more ball-handling guards. So you gotta bargain hunt if you want one.

Even if you think so, not for Nance. And Denver will surely want a handsome figure even though Mudiay's been less than stellar.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Portland wouldn't accept.

Why not?

Talent-wise, it's drastically in Laker favor.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Why not go for a guard that fits a team need?

If it's just out of fan bias, I want Archie Goodwin. Turned 22. Playmaking SG.

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Isn't he a free agent?

EDIT: No, he signed a (very favorable) two-year deal with the Nets.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Isn't he a free agent?

Damn, I just read a hoopshype page that said he was a FA. I figure Caris LeVert took away any chance of Goodwin getting PT.

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Isn't he a free agent?

Damn, I just read a hoopshype page that said he was a FA. I figure Caris LeVert took away any chance of Goodwin getting PT.

Looks like a non-guaranteed 2-year deal, so it's possible they could waive him.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

The Nets have been rumored - reported to be pursuing Teodosić.

Teodosić: NBA has to meet “my competitive ambitions” and “financial aspect”

Quote:

In his blog on Eurohoops.net, the Euroleague’s official blog, the Serbian star laid out the basis of his decision-making...

“It’s true that I’m seriously thinking about the possibility of the NBA, but nothing has transpired yet, and nothing will until the summer. I’ve said before that, in order for me to go to the USA, a team has to meet both my competitive ambitions – which is the most important thing – and everything that has to do with the financial aspect as well as the aspect of the length of my contract.”

Teodosić did not specify either “competitive ambitions” or the “financial aspects,” but it’s not hard to extrapolate what he means by either.

Teodosić is a winner. A big part of his blog is about CSKA Moscow’s quest for back-to-back wins in the Euroleague and Russian league ... and teaming with Nikola Jokic of Denver in this summer’s European championship. Could the Nets, in the midst of a rebuild, be attractive to him?

Also, he wants to start. He has said that in the past and in a video he posted in his blog, Jokic talks about how he’s certain Teodosić can play in the NBA. Jokic is also quite clear about his teammate’s desires. “He wants to play here but I know he doesn't wants to come here and be on the bench.”

As for the money, Teodosić isn’t coming here on the kind of deal another European playmaker, Sergio Rodriguez, got from Philadelphia last summer. Rodriguez, who was also pursued by the Nets, got a one-year, $8 million contract. Think three or four years, which would mean a commitment until Teodosić is 33 or 34.

The Nets have been identified by multiple sources, including news outlets in Serbia, as being one of two teams with high interest. The other is Denver. Both have cap space galore and the Nuggets of course have Jokic. The Nets connection reportedly is Trajan Langdon, who played eight years for CSKA. Mikhail Prokhorov of course owned the team for a decade, but before Teodosić joined them.

Teodosić says he won’t even think about a decision until after he’s done with the Euroleague.

“Then, as a free agent, I’m going to think and decide about my future, after first thoroughly examining all the prospects that I have. “

Langdon is the assistant GM for the Nets.

The assistant GM for Denver is Arturas Karnisovas and he also has strong connections in Europe.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Good Game Theory podcast with Sam Vecenie and Cole Zwicker...go over some 2018 guys then spend some time on Tatum, Jackson, Ball and Monk.

https://soundcloud.com/sam-vecenie/hoop-summit-and-nba-draft
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

So is Josh Jackson like Justise Winslow but with better offense?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lonzo also has the 2nd highest PPP in half-court catch and shoot situations (min 100 attempts) for lead guards in the last decade (Dame #1)

Quote:
Fun stat: Lonzo has the highest TO rate as the PNR BH (finishing possessions) min. 40 poss. in the last decade of lead guard prospects

from twitter
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Re: Tatum

Quote:
The problem, of course, is that playing through the mid-range isn’t the most efficient way to score and Tatum’s numbers make it easy to understand why. He made just 37.7 percent of his mid-range jumpers as a freshman, according to Synergy Sports. Issues arise when Tatum over-dribbles, which gives defenders more time to set up and makes the shots more difficult:

Quote:
The 19-year old scored just 0.753 points per possession (PPP) (47th percentile) on jump shots off the dribble in the halfcourt, per Synergy Sports, making just 32.5 percent of those attempts.

Me:

(from: http://fansided.com/2017/04/17/jayson-tatum-outdated-archetype-great-wing-scorer/)
Showtime__79
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So is Josh Jackson like Justise Winslow but with better offense?

Better at def
Better at offense

And most importantly better at making teammates better. He had me with his passing. Read about this guy great def and after watching him play, I was most impressed with his passing!

If he had a shot, he would be a superstar. I'm a homer for two way players. If we had the #1 draft pick, I'd choose fultz, and hate life for the next 10 years.
Showtime__79
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else feel like Tatum is the next Rudy gay? I rather take a flyer on monk, markkaren or isacc with the 3rd pick if fultz and JJ is gone
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Showtime__79 wrote:
Anyone else feel like Tatum is the next Rudy gay? I rather take a flyer on monk, markkaren or isacc with the 3rd pick if fultz and JJ is gone

Lonzo has to go #3 if Fultz and JJ are gone.

For me, it's easily Markelle #1. He reminds me so much of D Wade who aside from injuries and coming into the league a little older, looked like a generation type player for a period of time.

Fultz' ability to break down a defense and get into the lane would do wonders for our overall ability to drive and kick to generate open 3's and to create ball movement and defenses scrambling.

I swear, if we got #1 and passed on Fultz I'd be worried about Magic's ability to judge talent.

Lonzo would be my #2 and he'd also be a fantastic fit I just don't see him as a superstar the way I see Kelle. At #3, no way you pass on him though.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject:

To Monk or not to Monk.

I can definetely see Jackson's ceiling as Andre Iggy, if his jumper is decent. His ceiling would make us a legit formidable squad, what he brings to the table

Monk, hard for me not to see him as a shorter Lavine. Although, maybe he can be prime Monta with a 3pt shot - that's a legit 2nd option on a contender, imo. A lot of games that would be a legit 1st option.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 423, 424, 425 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 424 of 1281
Jump to: