OFFICIAL 2017 NBA PLAYOFF EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 460, 461, 462  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

SwissLakerFan wrote:
Paul George is heartless trash.

Hot take alert!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
SwissLakerFan wrote:
Paul George is heartless trash.

Hot take alert!

That "heartless" trash would help improve our roster....
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Vince Carter starting for the Griz at age 40
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheBlackMamba wrote:
(bleep), that was an amazing performance by a 32-year old Lebron, even by his standards. I always thought he'd slow down after 30 when he lost some of that otherwordly athleticism, but that is clearly not happening anytime soon. I give up - dude is just an alien or something. Only on LG will you find people focusing on how the Pacers choked, rather than how this man came into the 2nd half and basically murdered the entire state of Indiana

Anyway, we should rejoice! This is a beautiful development in the PG13/Bird/Indy saga, which should be ending pretty soon now...

I don't know why you think he would go to the Lakers(I would prefer it) but don't be surprised if he joins Cavs. He wants a ring right?
dao
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:
listening to Nate Duncan today and he pointed out the Celtics may be so far away, that it may have been good they did not trade for Butler or George....and that Ainge may know their window will be more later than sooner....and they keep those picks and do not make a run at PG-13 or Butler this summer
I don't see a long-term window for them either. Sure they have two Nets picks in 2017/2018 drafts. But they don't really have any young talent on their roster, and by the time their lotto picks develop, Horford will be washed up, and IT will be on the decline as well. And if they draft a guard, IT doesn't fit anyway.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Wow, the All-Stars Worth Pursuing has now been shrunk to "Guys Who Have Won a Title"

Here's the list guys:

Curry/Dray/Klay
Kawhi
Kyrie/Lebron/Love

Everyone else....get out of here heartless loser!!!!!!!!!1
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I definitely think Bird bears the brunt of the blame for hiring McMillan, whom i don't think any other team in the NBA would have hired as a head coach. How did he think he was an upgrade over Vogel?

Nobody else wants to be here.

Vogel wasn't even Bird's guy he inherited him and while I think we should've moved on from Vogel. Going to his assistant was a lateral move.
SwissLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Stop blaming the refs for that choke job.

Lance talking all that ish and then passing up and bricking shots.

Choked.

Final

The reason why it's nearly impossible to blow a 20 point lead late in the 3rd quarter is because most NBA teams realize the only way you'll blow that lead is if you start trading 2s for 3s. And the Pacers allowed the Cavs to shoot 21/44 on 3s for the game.

If you even give up 44 attempts from 3, that is awful defense. It's an awful defensive game plan. How do you not close out and force them to drive? 3s are literally the only thing that can get them back in the game.

Watch how the Bucks are closing out on the Raptors. They got a huge lead, they didn't stop playing defense. They've grinded those guys to a pulp.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Ex-Celtic GMs are the worst. Mchale, Ainge, and Bird.

Ainge at least won a championship

The other two are garbage though.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Wow, the All-Stars Worth Pursuing has now been shrunk to "Guys Who Have Won a Title"

Here's the list guys:

Curry/Dray/Klay
Kawhi
Kyrie/Lebron/Love

Everyone else....get out of here heartless loser!!!!!!!!!1

Don't want Irving, injuries and no defense
Don't want green, bad attitude and no offense
Don't want Klay, not a star
Don't want love, can't make playoffs with out LeBron
Don't want Curry, over rated

Laker fans

The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/855226630007947264

dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

But man PG looked good in the 4th. I still wouldn't trade for him, but I wonder how he'd do on a roster where he actually had legit shooters, like LeBron has.
Not even for the third pick? Say, Randle+#3 for George? Having his rights would give us a big advantage in free agency, we'd be able to offer him the largest contract. I think I'd definitely trade #3+Randle for him. I wouldn't give up Ingram or Russell.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

SwissLakerFan wrote:
tox wrote:
SwissLakerFan wrote:
I don't want Paul George anywhere close to the Lakers. The guy is a loser. He just lead his team to the largest blown lead in NBA playoff history.

26 points. On his home court.

Loser.

lol I guess Kobe was a loser for blowing a 24 point lead on his home court?

26 is more than 24.
The Pacers were up by 20 late in the 3rd Q. 87-67

So those 2 points are the difference between Paul George being a loser and Kobe not being a loser?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
tox wrote:

But man PG looked good in the 4th. I still wouldn't trade for him, but I wonder how he'd do on a roster where he actually had legit shooters, like LeBron has.
Not even for the third pick? Say, Randle+#3 for George? Having his rights would give us a big advantage in free agency, we'd be able to offer him the largest contract. I think I'd definitely trade #3+Randle for him. I wouldn't give up Ingram or Russell.

I'm down for trading #3 for him.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject:

lol thank god we didnt sign that loser derozan to a big contract. Him and lowry r pathetic in the playoffs
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
tox wrote:

Truthfully I have no idea what the pick is worth because I refuse to watch a lot of tape. So I don't know if that's an overpay or not.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
lol thank god we didnt sign that loser derozan to a big contract. Him and lowry r pathetic in the playoffs

This time it's actually deserved unlike that Paul George comment from another poster. The Raptors are such trash from the coach on down to the player-leaders
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
tox wrote:

PG13 paired with Ingram and DLO would be ideal.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
yeah I'm not a fan of his game. He can score, but 26.6% 3pt% from your star shooting guard? In today's NBA? .....

0.9 BPM despite the 27 ppg. Empty stats type player imo. Perfect 'star' on a non-contending team.

Last edited by dao on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
SwissLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
SwissLakerFan wrote:
tox wrote:
SwissLakerFan wrote:
I don't want Paul George anywhere close to the Lakers. The guy is a loser. He just lead his team to the largest blown lead in NBA playoff history.

26 points. On his home court.

Loser.

lol I guess Kobe was a loser for blowing a 24 point lead on his home court?

26 is more than 24.
The Pacers were up by 20 late in the 3rd Q. 87-67

So those 2 points are the difference between Paul George being a loser and Kobe not being a loser?

Kobe had 3 rings at that point. So he'd esbablished himself as a winner. Paul George has established himself as a playoff loser, and this game was the cherry on top of that.

George isn't even a winner during the regular season. Pacers went 42-40 with him as their main guy. It's not like he doesnt have at least solid role players around him. He does. And 42 wins? And you want him on this Lakers team?

Why?

Last edited by SwissLakerFan on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

people complaining about PG. Never forget Pau was 0-12 in the playoffs before coming to LA. PG has had much more success in the playoffs
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Not sure why you are glad. We used our cap on Deng/Mozgov who make more combined. Give me Derozan any day over that. At least he would be more tradable.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
people complaining about PG. Never forget Pau was 0-12 in the playoffs before coming to LA. PG has had much more success in the playoffs

Yep that being said none of this matters if PG wants a ring he's leaving in 2018 most of us have resigned ourselves to it.

Its okay players come and go but I hate that Bird will never leave unless he chooses to. The Simons treat GMs like Supreme Court justices.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
dao wrote:
tox wrote:

Truthfully I have no idea what the pick is worth because I refuse to watch a lot of tape. So I don't know if that's an overpay or not.
The consensus #3 guy seems to be Josh Jackson, who has a strong all around game but questionable shooting stroke. I'd much rather have George than him. Randle+Jackson for George is something I'd definitely do.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Not sure why you are glad. We used our cap on Deng/Mozgov who make more combined. Give me Derozan any day over that. At least he would be more tradable.
bingo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 42 of 462
Jump to: