OFFICIAL 2017 NBA PLAYOFF EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 460, 461, 462  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

The Pacers might've been legit had we not traded Kawhi Leonard to the Spurs.

PG13/Kawhi

Of course with the Pacers luck Kawhi may not have turned out so well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
eureca wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
lol thank god we didnt sign that loser derozan to a big contract. Him and lowry r pathetic in the playoffs

Not sure why you are glad. We used our cap on Deng/Mozgov who make more combined. Give me Derozan any day over that. At least he would be more tradable.
bingo

Absolutely.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

SwissLakerFan wrote:
tox wrote:
SwissLakerFan wrote:
tox wrote:
SwissLakerFan wrote:
I don't want Paul George anywhere close to the Lakers. The guy is a loser. He just lead his team to the largest blown lead in NBA playoff history.

26 points. On his home court.

Loser.

lol I guess Kobe was a loser for blowing a 24 point lead on his home court?

26 is more than 24.
The Pacers were up by 20 late in the 3rd Q. 87-67

So those 2 points are the difference between Paul George being a loser and Kobe not being a loser?

Kobe had 3 rings at that point. So he'd esbablished himself as a winner. Paul George has established himself as a playoff loser, and this game was the cherry on top of that.

George isn't even a winner during the regular season. Pacers went 42-40 with him as their main guy. It's not like he doesnt have at least solid role players around him. He does. And 42 wins? And you want him on this Lakers team?

Why?

Ok so you backtracked a bit. It's not just blowing the lead but also his past playoff failures that apparently makes him a loser. I see.

I don't think Paul George is going to lead us to a championship as the main guy. But I think he's really good, would be by far the best player on this roster, and would get us into the playoffs. And he has the kind of game that would lend itself nicely to being the #2 on a championship team, kind of like how Pau was 0-12 in the playoffs before coming to LA (as other posters have noted).
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

PG13/Kawhi

Here's hoping that Jimmy Butler is off the trading block in summer, and Ainge does a massive overpay for PG. And then PG leaves the following summer to LA.

Win/win for everyone involved
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
people complaining about PG. Never forget Pau was 0-12 in the playoffs before coming to LA. PG has had much more success in the playoffs

Yep that being said none of this matters if PG wants a ring he's leaving in 2018 most of us have resigned ourselves to it.

Its okay players come and go but I hate that Bird will never leave unless he chooses to. The Simons treat GMs like Supreme Court justices.
We'd have solid young talent around him, and we'd be able to offer a larger contract than other teams (higher yearly salary plus an extra year in contract length). If we traded for him this summer without giving up Russell/Ingram, I think we'd be well positioned to be the overwhelming favorites to retain him in 2018.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

defense wrote:
Vince Carter starting for the Griz at age 40

his son (Vince Jr.) was born last week....think he wants to play against him in the league before he retires
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tox wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

PG13/Kawhi

Here's hoping that Jimmy Butler is off the trading block in summer, and Ainge does a massive overpay for PG. And then PG leaves the following summer to LA.

It would suck to see the Pacers rebuild so soon even though its inevitable but hey maybe tickets will be affordable so I can go.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
tox wrote:

But man PG looked good in the 4th. I still wouldn't trade for him, but I wonder how he'd do on a roster where he actually had legit shooters, like LeBron has.
Not even for the third pick? Say, Randle+#3 for George? Having his rights would give us a big advantage in free agency, we'd be able to offer him the largest contract. I think I'd definitely trade #3+Randle for him. I wouldn't give up Ingram or Russell.

I'm down for trading #3 for him.

I think I would, too. Maybe even #1 or #2. I'm just not sure if there's an All-Star out there of commensurate value to PG who has more than 1 year left on his deal, who a team would move. I think Butler isn't going to be traded now that the Bulls appear like they will win a playoff round.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
adkindo wrote:
listening to Nate Duncan today and he pointed out the Celtics may be so far away, that it may have been good they did not trade for Butler or George....and that Ainge may know their window will be more later than sooner....and they keep those picks and do not make a run at PG-13 or Butler this summer
I don't see a long-term window for them either. Sure they have two Nets picks in 2017/2018 drafts. But they don't really have any young talent on their roster, and by the time their lotto picks develop, Horford will be washed up, and IT will be on the decline as well. And if they draft a guard, IT doesn't fit anyway.

the point was, maybe Ainge has not intention of challenging for a title with Horford, IT, Bradley, etc....long term, they have a several more top picks...they could end up with Brown, Fultz and Doncic.....thats about as good of a long term window as one could wish for....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Boston could very well decide that pursuing Hayward makes more sense than giving up assets for PG, who could walk after just one season with them.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
tox wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

PG13/Kawhi

It would suck to see the Pacers rebuild so soon even though its inevitable but hey maybe tickets will be affordable so I can go.

Turner is a keeper... but I really don't like the Pacers' roster outside of him and PG. It's just time for a proper rebuild.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Boston could very well decide that pursuing Hayward makes more sense than giving up assets for PG, who could walk after just one season with them.
It does, but why would he want to go to Boston? Utah looks like a way better situation.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dao wrote:
adkindo wrote:
listening to Nate Duncan today and he pointed out the Celtics may be so far away, that it may have been good they did not trade for Butler or George....and that Ainge may know their window will be more later than sooner....and they keep those picks and do not make a run at PG-13 or Butler this summer
I don't see a long-term window for them either. Sure they have two Nets picks in 2017/2018 drafts. But they don't really have any young talent on their roster, and by the time their lotto picks develop, Horford will be washed up, and IT will be on the decline as well. And if they draft a guard, IT doesn't fit anyway.

the point was, maybe Ainge has not intention of challenging for a title with Horford, IT, Bradley, etc....long term, they have a several more top picks...they could end up with Brown, Fultz and Doncic.....thats about as good of a long term window as one could wish for....
I'm not too impressed with Brown. They have a 25% chance of getting Fultz this year. And hopefully the Nets show signs of life next year, enough to make sure the pick isn't top 3.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
It does, but why would he want to go to Boston? Utah looks like a way better situation.

He may feel more comfortable in Utah, but if you're asking me which team is more likely to win a championship during the course of Hayward's career, I'm going with Boston, pretty easily, actually.

Players tend to overrate their own teams though, especially based on their last playoff run (see DeRozan, Demar). I could see Toronto not matching last season from a mile away. If Utah beats the Clips, it could go a long way towards Hayward re-signing with them. But if not, and if he's comfortable with living in Boston, maybe the allure of playing for his college coach and going to a team with their history could sway him.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Yeah I believe this especially since Brad was Hayward's coach at Butler. But Hayward is a small town guy Utah is really perfect for him and his family I don't know if he'd like a big market like Boston.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

He may feel more comfortable in Utah, but if you're asking me which team is more likely to win a championship during the course of Hayward's career, I'm going with Boston, pretty easily, actually.

Players tend to overrate their own teams though, especially based on their last playoff run (see DeRozan, Demar). I could see Toronto not matching last season from a mile away. If Utah beats the Clips, it could go a long way towards Hayward re-signing with them. But if not, and if he's comfortable with living in Boston, maybe the allure of playing for his college coach and going to a team with their history could sway him.

He could be the white Larry Bird
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

But why? Hayward goes to Boston and are they that much better? They're going to lose probably IT in 2018 and possibly Bradley in 2018... they have a lot of above average talent but they're still a first round out. Horford is going to continue to decline. Their young players are not that promising and none is threatening to break out.

If Ainge sells Hayward on playing with PG13 in Boston, then I get the appeal of Boston. Otherwise I don't see it.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Brad Stevens was Gordon's coach at Butler there's that connection
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

defense and the other PG13 devotees ... baaaaaaahahahahaha!
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
tox wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

PG13/Kawhi

Turner is a keeper... but I really don't like the Pacers' roster outside of him and PG. It's just time for a proper rebuild.

If both teams get swept, Ainge might get desperate. Use that to go for the jugular and get #1 pick plus few guards (not MSmart) from Celts. Turner + Fultz + Bradley(?) is a very nice rebuild project.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yeah I believe this especially since Brad was Hayward's coach at Butler. But Hayward is a small town guy Utah is really perfect for him and his family I don't know if he'd like a big market like Boston.

Isn't Boston like a bigger version of Utah? and I always thought Boston was a small market team.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Isn't Boston like a bigger version of Utah? and I always thought Boston was a small market team.

Maybe as far as "whiteness" but no Boston is a way bigger market(see ESPN)
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
tox wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
tox wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

PG13/Kawhi

If both teams get swept, Ainge might get desperate. Use that to go for the jugular and get #1 pick plus few guards (not MSmart) from Celts. Turner + Fultz + Bradley(?) is a very nice rebuild project.

It's gotta be before the lottery. I'm actually interested in whether Ainge would wait and see what the pick is before potentially dealing it, or trade it where it's still a little random. Ainge strikes me as the kind of guy who would wait and make sure it's not Fultz before trading it... and then find out that Bird isn't interested in the #3 pick + spare change for George and end up drafting Tatum
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Maybe as far as "whiteness" but no Boston is a way bigger market(see ESPN)

Not to mention way more things to do....plus its not that far from New York if you really want to get away.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

I've never seen a coach give up on games more intentionally that Gregg Popovich ... this guy pulls his best player from games that are not yet out-of-reach far too often.

Are we seeing a replay of last postseason, when the Spurs destroyed OKC early in the series and then gradually fell apart ... ?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 43 of 462
Jump to: