OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 522, 523, 524 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

From what I have read and heard I dont believe the Lakers will trade any of the young guys, they will trade Mozgov or Deng in a minute if they can, but they are going to see what they have in the young guys and let Free agents choose the Lakers rather than try to trade for one
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What happens if the Lakers offer a 20m deal to Dion Waiters.

I'm open to it. Good player, decent shooter and young enough to fit in for a few seasons.

IMO there should be several PGs or SGs under consideration. And $20M will likely be the market price for any of them.

Lakers have so many options at the moment that it is difficult to predict which players "fit " the best as of today. Draft and trades could change the Laker roster dramatically.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

With our limited cap space and lack of guards we will likely target perimeter players unless we make a few big trades.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

lakerslifer wrote:
I would trade clarkson, deng, brewer, and number 28 for melo
Draft Ball
Stretch mozgov to sign Griffin

Ball Rusell Ingram Melo and Griffin

Wishing upon a star!!

Melo and Griffin is a terrible combination of players. Both are ball dominant, don't play D.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm open to it. Good player, decent shooter and young enough to fit in for a few seasons.

IMO there should be several PGs or SGs under consideration. And $20M will likely be the market price for any of them.

Lakers have so many options at the moment that it is difficult to predict which players "fit " the best as of today. Draft and trades could change the Laker roster dramatically.

I like Waiters but I would rather get Tim Hardaway Jr.

The idea is great though because we will need a 2 guard.

Any 2 that can come in, spread the floor, has youth and can provide energy on both sides of the court will make are whole team better.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

How much cap can we have this summer if we let half of the roster walk or dump them in trades?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
From what I have read and heard I dont believe the Lakers will trade any of the young guys, they will trade Mozgov or Deng in a minute if they can, but they are going to see what they have in the young guys and let Free agents choose the Lakers rather than try to trade for one

I'm not surprised there is mixed messages on the young players, I do know that the FO is high on them but I also heard about the Lakers wanting to win now.

I would say that there is a 50% chance that Clarkson and Randle are traded, the others though might stay and we end up adding talent in FA to compliment, DLO/Ingram/top 3 pick,
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

lakerslifer wrote:
I would trade clarkson, deng, brewer, and number 28 for melo
Draft Ball
Stretch mozgov to sign Griffin

Ball Rusell Ingram Melo and Griffin

Wishing upon a star!!

Death Star.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What happens if n Korea nukes everybody?

Yes bc the triviality of basketball is greater than millions dying.

My point is the question is totally irrelevant and has as much chance of happening as the scenario stated above

How is it irrlevant? He is probably one of the top SG FAs this summer.

Oh yinomes, in 1 instance you think magic is going to trade our youth and get that star/superstar & in another instance you think we will give 20m to 1 hit wonder? Role player?

The both views contradict themselves

Last edited by Chase.button07 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Any 2 that can come in, spread the floor, has youth and can provide energy on both sides of the court will make are whole team better.

I think we all have our preferences. Going to be a matter of who the FO prefers, who is actually available and who is interested in the Lakers.

Several intriguing players are RFAs. Including Hardaway. Always an uncertainty if their current team matches or not.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

My point is the question is totally irrelevant and has as much chance of happening as the scenario stated above

Oh yinomes, in 1 instance you think magic is going to trade our youth and get that star/superstar & in another instance you think we will give 20m to 1 but wonder? Role player?

Um Jim both can happen?

And if no trades go down and the top FAs are off the table and waiters will take a huge one year deal?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

5 free agents in the playoffs the Lakers could target

Quote:
For the fourth straight year, the Los Angeles Lakers are out of the NBA Playoffs and headed for the lottery. Instead of awaiting for the draft with hopes of drafting a star player, the Lakers can look to this year’s playoffs for free agents to target in the summer.

The NBA salary cap is projected at $101 million for the 2017-18 season. With L.A.’s current salary, which unfortunately includes the atrocious Timofey Mozgov and Luol Deng contracts, they don’t have room to sign more than one max free agent.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/04/20/five-free-agents-playoffs-lakers-target/
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think we all have our preferences. Going to be a matter of who the FO prefers, who is actually available and who is interested in the Lakers.

Several intriguing players are RFAs. Including Hardaway. Always an uncertainty if their current team matches or not.

Yeah that's the thing. I can see Atlanta letting Millsap go especially if he wants a big deal. If that's the case they will probably invest in Hardaway and maybe keep Ilyasova to pair with Dwight? I know they like there rookie Prince as well.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

lol... the point flew over his head.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
For the fourth straight year, the Los Angeles Lakers are out of the NBA Playoffs and headed for the lottery. Instead of awaiting for the draft with hopes of drafting a star player, the Lakers can look to this year’s playoffs for free agents to target in the summer.

The NBA salary cap is projected at $101 million for the 2017-18 season. With L.A.’s current salary, which unfortunately includes the atrocious Timofey Mozgov and Luol Deng contracts, they don’t have room to sign more than one max free agent.

LOL Greg Monroe as a possible FA target...." The addition of Monroe along with Randle would make the lakers Front court more formidable" what by giving up layup after layup with no rim protecting ability. Cmon!
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh yinomes, in 1 instance you think magic is going to trade our youth and get that star/superstar & in another instance you think we will give 20m to 1 but wonder? Role player?

Um Jim both can happen?

And if no trades go down and the top FAs are off the table and waiters will take a huge one year deal?

While I agree why would a guy coming off his best year will sign a 1yr deal?

If it's going to be 1yr deal its going to be guys like young/J hill types
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

lol... the point flew over his head.

Clearly over yours.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Um Jim both can happen?

While I agree why would a guy coming off his best year will sign a 1yr deal?

If it's going to be 1yr deal its going to be guys like young/J hill types

If he can get a 1 year 20m over say 3 years/13-14m year and cash out again next year? Not the craziest idea.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:

This is why I think we will make our big moves via trade, unless we can get a Star FA to sign here... making trades to bring in a star player is more realistic then signing 1.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
How much cap can we have this summer if we let half of the roster walk or dump them in trades?

Seen several attempts at explaining it. Depends on how aggressive the Lakers get in cutting salary. Gets especially confusing if they start trying to play with Deng or Mozgov's contracts this off-season.

Just to give a simple answer I tend to play with for hypothetical scenarios. By no means accurate or absolute.

But approx. $20M cap space + Young opting out $5.6 + Black non-guaranteed $6.6M equals about $32M to acquire free agents.

Lakers have to consider if they want to re-sign Ennis, Robinson and Nwaba (non-guaranteed) and fill the roster spots. Add rookie contracts just to complicate things a bit.

I am sure these numbers can and will be contradicted and improved upon. Bottom line Lakes will have money to spend ...how much and and who is the big question.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

This is why I think we will make our big moves via trade, unless we can get a Star FA to sign here... making trades to bring in a star player is more realistic then signing 1.

The only way I'm trading any of our youth this summer is if we get a pick.

And I'm assuming the only realistic star available is Paul George.

Which I would trade no more than Randle/pick/Clarkson and that likely doesn't get it done.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:

So overpay for Hayward and trade for Paul George.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If he can get a 1 year 20m over say 3 years/13-14m year and cash out again next year? Not the craziest idea.

it is. deng had 2 months of good stretch and signed a 4yr deal. Waiters is looking for his 1st big contract.

13m*3 =39m
14m*3=42m

so you are saying a guy is going to leave 19/22m guaranteed money on table? for what? what if he had year similar to his last yr in okc?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

it is. deng had 2 months of good stretch and signed a 4yr deal. Waiters is looking for his 1st big contract.

13m*3 =39m
14m*3=42m

so you are saying a guy is going to leave 19/22m guaranteed money on table? for what? what if he had year similar to his last yr in okc?

Waiters doesn't have the best rep. Which is why he had to gamble on himself. If he cashes out on a large 1 season deal AND shows he's a reliable investment long term he can get a longer and bigger deal. Of course he can elect to just go long term with not as high yearly salaries. Just saying it wouldn't be crazy for the Lakers to consider him as a large one year deal or even long term.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

13m*3 =39m
14m*3=42m

Waiters doesn't have the best rep. Which is why he had to gamble on himself. If he cashes out on a large 1 season deal AND shows he's a reliable investment long term he can get a longer and bigger deal. Of course he can elect to just go long term with not as high yearly salaries. Just saying it wouldn't be crazy for the Lakers to consider him as a large one year deal or even long term.

you are proving my point. with his reputation and all if somebody offers him a 3/4yr deal he is going to take it.

no nba player ever said 2yrs in a row, i am going to bet on myself and try to get big contract next yr. not even the crazy guy Jimmy Butler did it

lets move on

Last edited by Chase.button07 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 522, 523, 524 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 523 of 1813
Jump to: