OFFICIAL 2017 NBA PLAYOFF EDITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 460, 461, 462  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Boston could very well decide that pursuing Hayward makes more sense than giving up assets for PG, who could walk after just one season with them.

Yeah I believe this especially since Brad was Hayward's coach at Butler. But Hayward is a small town guy Utah is really perfect for him and his family I don't know if he'd like a big market like Boston.

Isn't Boston like a bigger version of Utah? and I always thought Boston was a small market team.

Maybe as far as "whiteness" but no Boston is a way bigger market(see ESPN)

Boston is the tenth largest metro area in the US.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
dao wrote:
tox wrote:

But man PG looked good in the 4th. I still wouldn't trade for him, but I wonder how he'd do on a roster where he actually had legit shooters, like LeBron has.
Not even for the third pick? Say, Randle+#3 for George? Having his rights would give us a big advantage in free agency, we'd be able to offer him the largest contract. I think I'd definitely trade #3+Randle for him. I wouldn't give up Ingram or Russell.

PG13 paired with Ingram and DLO would be ideal.

Indy would likely ask for Ingram.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Boston could very well decide that pursuing Hayward makes more sense than giving up assets for PG, who could walk after just one season with them.
It does, but why would he want to go to Boston? Utah looks like a way better situation.

He may feel more comfortable in Utah, but if you're asking me which team is more likely to win a championship during the course of Hayward's career, I'm going with Boston, pretty easily, actually.

Players tend to overrate their own teams though, especially based on their last playoff run (see DeRozan, Demar). I could see Toronto not matching last season from a mile away. If Utah beats the Clips, it could go a long way towards Hayward re-signing with them. But if not, and if he's comfortable with living in Boston, maybe the allure of playing for his college coach and going to a team with their history could sway him.

But why? Hayward goes to Boston and are they that much better? They're going to lose probably IT in 2018 and possibly Bradley in 2018... they have a lot of above average talent but they're still a first round out. Horford is going to continue to decline. Their young players are not that promising and none is threatening to break out.

If Ainge sells Hayward on playing with PG13 in Boston, then I get the appeal of Boston. Otherwise I don't see it.

Hayward is not really going to drastically move the needle for any team. He's just not that good.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

IMO Boston does not have a big city feel. To me SLC feels as big or bigger as Boston.

In any case, if I'm Ainge, I'm watching the Bucks/Raptors with some concern. I know it's only a first round matchup, but the Bucks look like they are going to be one of the top teams in a couple of years. Boston and Toronto are kind of similar teams. Ainge has some interesting decisions on draft day because it seems like he needs more athletes, particularly up front.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
bandiger wrote:
dao wrote:
tox wrote:

But man PG looked good in the 4th. I still wouldn't trade for him, but I wonder how he'd do on a roster where he actually had legit shooters, like LeBron has.
Not even for the third pick? Say, Randle+#3 for George? Having his rights would give us a big advantage in free agency, we'd be able to offer him the largest contract. I think I'd definitely trade #3+Randle for him. I wouldn't give up Ingram or Russell.

PG13 paired with Ingram and DLO would be ideal.

Indy would likely ask for Ingram.

And LA should pass on that.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject:

PG13 not a lock to be all-star in the West. If it takes Ingram or D'LO, I hope Rob lowe will pass.

Meanwhile.. DeFrozen 0-8 in game 3. That's impressively bad. Another Laker great we missed out on.

I'm fine with being terribly bad and swinging for the fences with high draft picks, versus having some of these guys here winning 35 to 40 games for us and stay in mediocrity forever.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
PG13 not a lock to be all-star in the West. If it takes Ingram or D'LO, I hope Rob lowe will pass.

Meanwhile.. DeFrozen 0-8 in game 3. That's impressively bad. Another Laker great we missed out on.

I'm fine with being terribly bad and swinging for the fences with high draft picks, versus having some of these guys here winning 35 to 40 games for us and stay in mediocrity forever.

PG in LA makes ASG for sure imo
He'd be borderline on the coaches, but the fan vote (it's 50% right?) should carry him
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

PG in LA makes ASG for sure imo
He'd be borderline on the coaches, but the fan vote (it's 50% right?) should carry him

Yes

PG13 is so much better than any player he had since Kobe blew his tendon that is is not even debatable. The fans would make sure he is an all star here.

I don't want to move Dlo and Ingram for him, but if we can get him for Dlo, Julius and picks outside top 3 I'm all in.

If we can find a way to trade for someone like Butler they can become immediately the best perimeter defensive tandem in NBA, but him alone can make us a free agent destination. PG13 and Hayward would be a nice duo in Lakerland.

Of course we can stand path developing our young guns. I'm sure we have folks that believe Dlo can be a better player than PG13 in the future and I believe he has a fair shot scoring the ball, but I don't believe he is ever going to turn himself into an above average defender. What I like about two way players is that they can keep you in a game when the shots are not falling. The way average players like Brewer, Ennis and Nwaba can keep us in games despite the evident lack of talent shows it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

Rajon Rondo is out indefinitely with a thumb fracture.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Yeah that changes things without maybelline playing
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
defense wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
defense wrote:
Someone had said Paul George is garbage in the playoffs

Lol at that guy

I want him on the Lakers. Very very bigly.

He's not LeBron or Durant so we don't want him. We need to keep our iffy future all stars

scary thing is he may be closing in of them this playoff series....this is one of those series that could propel him into that top 5 conversation if he could knock Cleveland out

oops
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yeah I believe this especially since Brad was Hayward's coach at Butler. But Hayward is a small town guy Utah is really perfect for him and his family I don't know if he'd like a big market like Boston.

Isn't Boston like a bigger version of Utah? and I always thought Boston was a small market team.

Maybe as far as "whiteness" but no Boston is a way bigger market(see ESPN)

Boston is the tenth largest metro area in the US.

tox wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
The Pacers might've been legit had we not traded Kawhi Leonard to the Spurs.

PG13/Kawhi

Of course with the Pacers luck Kawhi may not have turned out so well.

Here's hoping that Jimmy Butler is off the trading block in summer, and Ainge does a massive overpay for PG. And then PG leaves the following summer to LA.

Win/win for everyone involved

Imo there's no chance in heck that George leaves Boston for the Lakers, considering they are a top 3 team in the East even without him and the Lakers are still 2-3 seasons away.

Not just there's teams like Houston whom would also be going after him. So there will be teams in better positions, with space in both the East and the West that he can go to, make money, and win games, and that's the priority for him right now.

Which is why if he was traded here for our young pieces he'd be the one walking in free agency to Boston or Houston.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
lol thank god we didnt sign that loser derozan to a big contract. Him and lowry r pathetic in the playoffs

Not sure why you are glad. We used our cap on Deng/Mozgov who make more combined. Give me Derozan any day over that. At least he would be more tradable.

Yup- this is true.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
The Pacers might've been legit had we not traded Kawhi Leonard to the Spurs.

PG13/Kawhi

Of course with the Pacers luck Kawhi may not have turned out so well.

Here's hoping that Jimmy Butler is off the trading block in summer, and Ainge does a massive overpay for PG. And then PG leaves the following summer to LA.

Win/win for everyone involved

That would be sweet!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

I love how we (of Mozdeng infamy) are taking shots at Droz and pg13. They're in the playoffs while we are praying that the ping pong balls fall our way again.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Ah man that's such a unlucky injury for the Bulls. They have been playing well and I was happy for Rondo. I still think they can beat the Celts. But here's to hoping Rondo can come back soon and maybe play with some sort of wrap or something.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I love how we (of Mozdeng infamy) are taking shots at Droz and pg13. They're in the playoffs while we are praying that the ping pong balls fall our way again.

If we had Derozan its arguable we still wouldn't be in the playoffs and we would be praying that we had some ping pong balls haha.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
eureca wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
lol thank god we didnt sign that loser derozan to a big contract. Him and lowry r pathetic in the playoffs

Not sure why you are glad. We used our cap on Deng/Mozgov who make more combined. Give me Derozan any day over that. At least he would be more tradable.

Yup- this is true.

I never got this logic.

Hes playing bad yet hes more tradable? Why would another team want him so bad that they are willing to give up assets if we didn't want him? Hes on a max deal no team is trading picks and young talent for DeRozan at this point.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Seriously if DeRozan is available this summer. would you trade Russell or Ingram for him? I sure as hell wouldn't.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If we had Derozan its arguable we still wouldn't be in the playoffs and we would be praying that we had some ping pong balls haha.

If we had Droz we probably don't have Moz or Deng and maybe another top FA last summer too
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If we had Droz we probably don't have Moz or Deng and maybe another top FA last summer too

And we still arguably wouldn't make the playoffs. And would have absolutely no cap space at all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And we still arguably wouldn't make the playoffs. And would have absolutely no cap space at all.

Disagree. But you liked the Moz Deng signings so be it. And we'd still have Dlo/Ingram/Jules with Droz and another top FA going forward.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Disagree. But you liked the Moz Deng signings so be it. And we'd still have Dlo/Ingram/Jules with Droz and another top FA going forward.

I liked the Moz signing not the Deng one.

Honestly Nick Young fit in better with this team than DeRozan would have. We need a 2 guard who can spread the floor, doesn't need the ball offensively to be affective. We were playing good ball until injuries.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

Oh please. Droz is a massive improvement than whatever we had out there.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Oh please. Droz is a massive improvement than whatever we had out there.

I gave this example yesterday.

No one here would say Ryan Anderson is better than Blake Griffin. But to the Rockets Ryan Anderson is a perfect fit and makes them better as a team and individually because of a specific fit.

DeRozan is better than Nick Young you are right. But Nick Young's specific skills are better suited for this team than DeRozan.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 44 of 462
Jump to: