Porzingis blows off his Exit Meeting with NY Knicks

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Porzingis blows off his Exit Meeting with NY Knicks

http://nypost.com/2017/04/19/kristaps-porzingis-speaks-after-phil-blow-off-i-want-to-be-a-knick/

Quote:
Kristaps Porzingis will leave for Latvia on Thursday without meeting with Phil Jackson, but he said blowing off his exit meeting with the team president is not a sign he doesn’t want to play at the Garden next season.

“Of course,” Porzingis told The Post at his luxury apartment complex in Manhattan, when asked if he wants to be a Knick next year. “I love New York. I love New York.”

According to a source, the Knicks were not given an explanation behind Porzingis’ decision to skip his scheduled exit meeting with Jackson on Friday. Sources have told The Post the 21-year-old franchise pillar is upset with the way the franchise has been run — with Jackson looking to trade Carmelo Anthony, Porzingis’ mentor, and going full tilt on a triangle offense that Porzingis has publicly supported but has mixed feelings about.

On Wednesday, Porzingis declined to address why he missed the meeting with Jackson.

“It’s not the right moment to comment on anything [about it],” he said. “I don’t want to say anything.’’

According to sources, Jackson and the coaching staff have dispersed for a brief respite now that the season is over. Team brass is in the dark on why Porzingis declined to show.

Jackson said at his Friday press conference that nobody on the club was untouchable — including Porzingis. But it’s hard to imagine the Knicks getting equal value for the 7-foot-3 Latvian who has a chance to be a superstar if he gets stronger.

Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Phil one step closer to getting his want. He wants to be fired. He's working hard to that end.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Randle and Houston pick for Porzingis?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BrokenLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I would do Randle and the #3 in a heartbeat. Maybe even Clarkson.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

BrokenLaker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I would do Randle and the #3 in a heartbeat. Maybe even Clarkson.

Yeah that's a no brainer, Porgs with Russell and Ingram would be a very relevant trio for the future.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: