2018 Scenario: Same Roster + Kevin Durant
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: 2018 Scenario: Same Roster + Kevin Durant

Let's just say, hypothetically, KD leaves GSW for whatever reason. Maybe he wins the ring and wants to win on his own, maybe he wants to accomplish what Westbrook and Harden are doing etc.

But if KD had this roster, would he be as successful as Harden and Westbrook are right now? In other words, would we be a playoff team just with KD? Would he be as good as WB and Harden?

Let's assume we don't have the draft pick either and lose it to philly.

Same roster, with KD. Just curious to see how good people think KD would be on his own team
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

KD went 12-3 during his MVP year when Russell went down putting up unholy #'s with exceptional efficiency. People (some I should say) really forget what a generational talent KD is. Playoffs for certain imo.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

You're essentially asking if we moved Ingram to the bench and started KD next season?

Yes we'd make the playoffs.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

hypotheticals like this one are usually my nemesis but year if you add Durant to this squad we are easily a playoff team and in the next 2 years a title contender...

Zu/Randle/Durant/Ingram/Russell + Moz/Nance/Deng/Brewer/JC + Possibly a top 3 pick + #28

But he's not leaving GS. That team is staying intact for 5-7 years.

Too bad PG isn't a FA this summer because that team with Paul instead is probably a playoff team. That's why if we got #3 and Ball and Fultz are both off the table, I trade #3 + #28 + 2018 Chicago 2nd + 2018 Denver 2nd + Brewer + Black for PG. It may feel like a slight over pay but in reality we get a top 10 player who can get us into the playoffs.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 Scenario: Same Roster + Kevin Durant

15 wrote:
Let's just say, hypothetically, KD leaves GSW for whatever reason. Maybe he wins the ring and wants to win on his own, maybe he wants to accomplish what Westbrook and Harden are doing etc.

But if KD had this roster, would he be as successful as Harden and Westbrook are right now? In other words, would we be a playoff team just with KD? Would he be as good as WB and Harden?

Let's assume we don't have the draft pick either and lose it to philly.

Same roster, with KD. Just curious to see how good people think KD would be on his own team

I think if you add Durant to any non-playoff team they make the playoffs. Well, maybe not Brooklyn. He's that good.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

KD, Ingram, Clarkson, Zubac and Randle would be pretty formidable... they just need a decent point guard to run with.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
KD, Ingram, Clarkson, Zubac and Randle would be pretty formidable... they just need a decent point guard to run with.

Hope D'Lo is a Laker for 20 years. Maybe you'd go away. Or, I should say.. drift away!
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Tyler Ennis
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Oh schnapps... I remember your infatuation with Oakafor. It all makes sense now. Oakafor at point!
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject:

With KD, we could be a contender in 1-2 years. And I think Lakers are very attractive to him as it would be his team without any doubt, unlike with Warriors.

Another interesting scenario: wHat if the Warriors won and KD won the FMVP? Will Curry wants to move?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject:

With KD, we could be a contender in 1-2 years. And I think Lakers are very attractive to him as it would be his team without any doubt, unlike with Warriors.

Another interesting scenario: wHat if the Warriors won and KD won the FMVP? Will Curry wants to move?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Oh schnapps... I remember your infatuation with Oakafor. It all makes sense now. Oakafor at point!

you must be joking.. only an idiot would think Okafor would look good at the point.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

you must be joking.. only an idiot would think Okafor would look good at the point.

And neither is Clarkson he's a sixth man at best.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

you must be joking.. only an idiot would think Okafor would look good.
FIFY
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

The thing is if we get durant in 2018 I would expect we go all in and trade all those young guys to we win now...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

That's playoff time
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I disagree only an idiot would think Okafor wouldn't look good at point
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:

I don't think he'd care if the lakers would be his team without a doubt, I think going to the warriors in the first place kind of shows that he doesn't care much about being "the guy", not really an alpha type imo. But with that being said, he's a top 3 player in the league, one of the best scorers of all time and would take us to the playoffs. I think he will re-sign with golden state, especially after they win the ship.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Have no fear, Oakafor is here! With a big ole smile like Magic! It would have been magnificent.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Do u guys still consider KD to be better than WB and Harden
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Do u guys still consider KD to be better than WB and Harden

1. Kevin Durant
2. James Harden
3. Russell Westbrook

In my opinion
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

I think it's a possibility. Like Lebron he felt the pressure of the championship and had to leave to get one. If they win this year do you sign for another 4 years or challenge yourself to be able to lead a team to a championship
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Durant was the leading scorer on the best team in the league in the regular season when he got injured the first time. You could argue he already was leading that team. They have shown that they can win without him, but even that's a reason for him to stay there.

Players are still judged by rings. If he wins several rings on a loaded team, people will be more impressed than he if wins fewer (and possibly even zero) rings somewhere else.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I remember Westbrook getting injured in the playoffs. OKC with Durant, Kevin Martin and a younger Ibaka lost 4 games to 1 in the second round to Memphis. They lost a couple of games to the Rockets in the first round without Westbrook. Not sure what to make of that but that team didn't look that good and looked like they had no shot without Westbrook.

And even after playing all those years with Westbrook, Durant still didn't win a ring. Winning a ring was tougher in the West however.

Seems weird for him to leave Golden State to try and beat them with an awful Lakers team.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
I think it's a possibility. Like Lebron he felt the pressure of the championship and had to leave to get one. If they win this year do you sign for another 4 years or challenge yourself to be able to lead a team to a championship

It's.

not.

happening.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: