Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I dont get why people cant accept the most obvious scenario... coming off the high of a court room victory and relative break of prison life by being able to go to court every day he dropped back down to the stark reality of what was next for his life... sitting in that cell forever.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they'll kick up any fuss. Not for an old crook like me. P.S: Tell Gronk I'm sorry. No hard feelings. Aaron
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
what if he killed himself to save money he would waste on a legal team..money that could be used by his daughter & fam.

Hernandez didn't strike me as one that caring. He cheated on his fiance continuously. I'm going to stay with the cause was drug related.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they'll kick up any fuss. Not for an old crook like me. P.S: Tell Gronk I'm sorry. No hard feelings. Aaron

Exposed secret Marvel fan.

Carry on.

#PlanetHulk
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Get busy living, or get busy dying. That's (bleep) right.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

This was probably 7 years ago, but do you remember "Eely Dufresne"?
One of Omar Little's funniest post that I still think about and get a chuckle out of to this day.
I think it was a thread started about an eel stuck up someone's culito. Omar posted that Eely Dufresne crawled to freedom through...

Someone find me that thread please.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

Aaron Hernandez's brain will be examined for CTE

LINK

Quote:
After some disagreement over its custody, the brain will be released to the Boston University CTE Center for further examination, according to the Worcester County District Attorney's Office.

Brings to mind Junior Seau

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

This was probably 7 years ago, but do you remember "Eely Dufresne"?
One of Omar Little's funniest post that I still think about and get a chuckle out of to this day.
I think it was a thread started about an eel stuck up someone's culito. Omar posted that Eely Dufresne crawled to freedom through...

Someone find me that thread please.

I can't say that I do. I started posting here nearly 2 years ago, and was a lurker for maybe a year or two before that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I started posting here nearly 2 years ago, and was a lurker for maybe a year or two before that.

Wow! I have always thought of you as one of the long-term, old-school crowd. You've obviously made quite an impact with your presence and contributions.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

lakersken80 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
It was discovered early this morning that Aaron Hernandez hanged himself in prison. What a sad ending to a tragic life.

The tragedy and sadness lies with the people he murdered.
without a doubt.
but i think theres also some sadness to his life because he was a troubled guy and he had so much going for him yet he couldnt leave that 'life'.

He lost his dad when he was 16, not violently, from a surgery went wrong. He was a star HS player with a free ride at Florida which led him to a huge NFL deal. Other than his dad passing away there is nothing "troubling" about his childhood. He was given opportunities in life very few of us have been given. And the scumbag blew it.

Any sympathy for this creep is beyond my comprehension.

His dad would've probably set him straight. A father figure is somebody that is sorely needed in some youths and probably to keep them in check until they finally mature. The lack of a parental figure is a reason why many youths join gangs and then lose all sense of right from wrong.

One of my family friends is sort of like this. He isn't going to join a gang or anything, but he lost his father when we were in middle school. He's been lacking direction ever since, for the most part . It's sad cause he's a smart guy.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
I started posting here nearly 2 years ago, and was a lurker for maybe a year or two before that.

Wow! I have always thought of you as one of the long-term, old-school crowd. You've obviously made quite an impact with your presence and contributions.

Well that was very nice of you to say, DMR. Thanks. It goes without saying that you're one of the best posters here.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Hernandez was apparently bisexual, and that's only relevant because now one of the theories as to why he killed Odin Lloyd is that he wanted to keep his sexuality a secret. Shortly before his arrest for Lloyd's murder, apparently he transferred a large sum of money not only into his fiancée's account, but also into the account of a man that was his high school lover. He also left 3 suicide notes in his cell, one of which was to his prison boyfriend.

Can't say I saw that coming.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Well that was very nice of you to say, DMR. Thanks. It goes without saying that you're one of the best posters here.

Or most annoying depending on whom you ask.

Quote:
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Hernandez was apparently bisexual, and that's only relevant because now one of the theories as to why he killed Odin Lloyd is that he wanted to keep his sexuality a secret. Shortly before his arrest for Lloyd's murder, apparently he transferred a large sum of money not only into his fiancée's account, but also into the account of a man that was his high school lover. He also left 3 suicide notes in his cell, one of which was to his prison boyfriend.

Heard that. At first I thought it was just tabloid journalism, but apparently there is some weight to it. It certainly helps "explain" the Lloyd murder a bit more logically. But it's certainly upsetting we still live in a society where people fear being ostracized for such a thing to the point that it would lead them to murder.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I was surprised to learn of Hernandez's sexuality. I still thing Synthetic Marijuana was the lead cause of his death. Study's show people who use it are likely to hurt themselves.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I was surprised to learn of Hernandez's sexuality. I still thing Synthetic Marijuana was the lead cause of his death. Study's show people who use it are likely to hurt themselves.

Given everything that was going on and all the other motivations involved, the drug was most likely a vehicle to help him along, not the sole cause. Many people who commit suicide use various drugs to help make performing the act "easier".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Given everything that was going on and all the other motivations involved, the drug was most likely a vehicle to help him along, not the sole cause. Many people who commit suicide use various drugs to help make performing the act "easier".

Alcohol is more the drug of choice. Many people who commit suicide are found to be legally intoxicated. It's troubling knowing he was incarcerated and able to get illegal drugs. The jail system is whacked.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

^^
I don't think he was out of his mind on the synthetic hippie lettuce to off himself. He was clear enough to have written 3 separate suicide notes to 3 different people. Seems to me that he took great care to plan it out. Even with the detail about having soap on the floor or something.

And if he did kill Lloyd because he was trying to keep his sexuality a secret, I mean, the dude was rich. Would it not have occurred to him that a better idea may have been to just pay the dude to keep him quiet? You know, as opposed to killing him?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^^
I don't think he was out of his mind on the synthetic hippie lettuce to off himself. He was clear enough to have written 3 separate suicide notes to 3 different people. Seems to me that he took great care to plan it out. Even with the detail about having soap on the floor or something.

And if he did kill Lloyd because he was trying to keep his sexuality a secret, I mean, the dude was rich. Would it not have occurred to him that a better idea may have been to just pay the dude to keep him quiet? You know, as opposed to killing him?

Many suicide notes are written with clarity. Some highly educated people have done the deed and left notes that were clear and precise. IMO he was out of his mind. Not saying synthetic marijuana was the sole cause, saying I think it played a part.

He may have killed to keep his sexuality secret and killing was his way of doing just that. He may not have trusted Lloyd to keep his secret. From what I've read Lloyd didn't respect Hernandez.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^^

Yeah, it is clear that the substance wasn't the cause of the suicide, it was merely the lubricant chosen to move it along.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^^

Yeah, it is clear that the substance wasn't the cause of the suicide, it was merely the lubricant chosen to move it along.

That's what I meant by lead cause, played a significant part.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19240620/lawyers-want-aaron-hernandez-murder-conviction-dismissed
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Alcohol is more the drug of choice. Many people who commit suicide are found to be legally intoxicated. It's troubling knowing he was incarcerated and able to get illegal drugs. The jail system is whacked.

Just because somebody is behind bars doesn't mean they can't acquire drugs or order a hit. I'd imagine there is an entire underground economy behind bars that only the inmates know about.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Just because somebody is behind bars doesn't mean they can't acquire drugs or order a hit. I'd imagine there is an entire underground economy behind bars that only the inmates know about.

This is true. More guards are probably getting rich allowing contraband than you can shake a stick at. Like I said The Jail System Is Whacked.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

The crazy thing is if he came out as Bi. He would have been hailed by all the SJW crowd as a hero.

Just look what happened with Bruce Jenner sportsman of the year and he hadn't been a real sportsman in decades. Hernandez would have been off the charts.

Oh the irony.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject:

He couldn't wait for the hung jury.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
the association wrote:
If you have a kid (or kids) and sometimes worry about their choices as they're growing up and exercising more independence, this might resonate ...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/opinions/hernandez-not-a-monster-jones-opinion/index.html

Anyway, RIP #81 ...

Oh please . . . there are lots of troubled people and people with troubles who don't resort to murder (and pointless and gratuitous ones at that). Plenty of people lose their fathers when they are young. Plenty have to deal with tough lives far worse than Hernandez's. Those aren't excuses for becoming vermin. No one breaks out excuses for the vermin who succumb to their baser instincts during adversity. But apparently if you are a talented athlete/celebrity suddenly you go from scumbag who coldly and selfishly chooses the worst path to a victim of circumstance.

No RIP from me. It's not deserved. About the best I will give him is that I hope the theories about him offing himself in order to hopefully salvage something financially for his daughter are true. He may be screwing the family of victim for his own ends, but at least his ends were to help his daughter and he removed his miserable excuse for a person from this planet in doing so.

Agreed. My father committed suicide when I was 20 years old (7 years ago next month). I moved past it, knew what I had to do, supported my family, graduated from a 4 year university, paid for my own wedding, and have a great job. It depends on the person and how you react to things like this. It either makes you or breaks you, but I NEVER felt sorry for myself. And btw, my dad and I were super close.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: