Greatest Shot of Fisher's Career
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Greatest Shot of Fisher's Career

It's been tough watching these playoffs without the Lakers, once again...so I've been looking at clips of our recent championship run and the nostalgia is hitting me hard. I honestly think this drought is going to make the next 'chip feel so great.

One clip I love in particular is a clutch shot by fisher in our recent championship run. After so many clutch shots over his career, it's tough to pinpoint one particular shot as his best. For me, though, I think this shot below might ironically be his greatest as a Laker and representative of the type of player he was.

Link
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Fish was so terrible at fast break layups... this was the original NONONO...YES moment from the 2010 Finals. Artest's 3 being the other notable one, of course.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Greatest Shot of Fisher's Career

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
It's been tough watching these playoffs without the Lakers, once again...so I've been looking at clips of our recent championship run and the nostalgia is hitting me hard. I honestly think this drought is going to make the next 'chip feel so great.

One clip I love in particular is a clutch shot by fisher in our recent championship run. After so many clutch shots over his career, it's tough to pinpoint one particular shot as his best. For me, though, I think this shot below might ironically be his greatest as a Laker and representative of the type of player he was.

Link

took brass balls to take that weak shot...I remember thinking about what if if he missed...
underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Definitely. The shot to send into OT during Game 4 '09 Finals is up there too.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

I just knew he was going to blow that layup. The look on Doc's face is priceless.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

This is his greatest shot

Last edited by nash on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Fish was so terrible at fast break layups... this was the original NONONO...YES moment from the 2010 Finals. Artest's 3 being the other notable one, of course.

This shot had me so (bleep) hyped, I think I almost broke my tv punching the air so hard. WHEW.

!...
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Remember that feeling before a game 7...

Remember the NBA on NBC theme rockin' on a slow mo replay of Kobe or Shaq annihilating someone.

Playoffs without the Lakers... hope you're happy Gilbert you POS.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

/thread
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
This is his greatest shot

Idk 24 this shot was clutch
LonestarLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

/thread

Absolutely and unequivocally this.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

the problem with 0.4 is that we didn't win the ring. otherwise for sure that would be #1.

this layup was more important though, it changed the momentum of the series. not to mention the other 3-4 impossible shots he made right before. one of fisher's greatest (probably greatest) quarters ever. his 3pt rampage on the spurs early in his career is up there too.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

That was pretty terrible clock management but I was glad he made the shot.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Greatest Shot of Fisher's Career

The_Dynasty24 wrote:

Link

To me, that's what defines a Laker. Wasn't always the most talented stars, but the scrappy dudes that made insane plays.

I guess that's why Michael Cooper is my fav player. 6'7", 90lbs at best, and still a DPOY.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I think it was the .4 in san Antonio that crushed the hearts of all the spurs fans and the idea that the spurs can actually repeat... (bleep) SAN ANTONIO
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Fisher also teared up after the game because of many reasons...but mostly because for a while, he was considered "done" too old, too slow, bricking layups, etc. it was constant criticism.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Layup against Celtics!
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

underdogsgv wrote:
Definitely. The shot to send into OT during Game 4 '09 Finals is up there too.

I like this one because it was rather unusual for him to take a shot like that.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't old enough to watch the Lakers during .4. My favorite shots were the 2 clutch threes he made against Orlando. We were down pretty much the entire game, but Kobe's dish to Gasol for a dunk followed up by Fish's clutch three to send the game to OT and then the shot to put us up for good. The Celtics layup was also pretty up there as well.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
I wasn't old enough to watch the Lakers during .4. My favorite shots were the 2 clutch threes he made against Orlando. We were down pretty much the entire game, but Kobe's dish to Gasol for a dunk followed up by Fish's clutch three to send the game to OT and then the shot to put us up for good. The Celtics layup was also pretty up there as well.

if you're not old enough for that, you're not old enough for the series a few years earlier i was talking about. fish hit something like 17/20 threes to sweep the spurs. really crazy stuff.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
The Logo wrote:

if you're not old enough for that, you're not old enough for the series a few years earlier i was talking about. fish hit something like 17/20 threes to sweep the spurs. really crazy stuff.

Yeah I was 6 when Fish hit .4 so I was 3 when he hit the barrage of threes against San Antonio during the '01 run
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Yeah I was 6 when Fish hit .4 so I was 3 when he hit the barrage of threes against San Antonio during the '01 run

sounds like you were born at the right time.
BrokenLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if it's his greatest shot, but his 3 pointer in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals with about 6:16 left when Fisher tied the game is definitely underrated. The Celtics seemed like they couldn't get back to how the were playing before that shot. And the Lakers never looked back from that point.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

I remember watching the 0.4 game with a bunch of people and everyone went absolutely nuts....sadly, the next month we also watched the Pistons series and basically realized our championship season was not to be.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Fisher had a few remarkable shots in his career, but what made him a special player were his intangibles. Just to have a clue about his impact, in our second championship run with Shaq he was hurt and the team was struggling, when he came back we went into a long run of more than 10 games entering the playoffs with momentum sweeping everybody but an Allen Iverson MVP squad in overtime of a game we were clearly rust by several days off waiting for the finals. Did Fisher have huge numbers in this span? Not a bit, he was the voice behind the scenes making sure everybody was on the same page to repeat. Just to have an idea, Kobe never won it without Fisher, he commanded a whole lot of respect from teammates and foes, a really difference maker with a very limited skillset.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: