Rough day on LA freeways today (NSFW)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Rough day on LA freeways today (NSFW)

ABC shows burnt corpse on Live TV (huge accident on the 5 freeway)

https://streamable.com/cgquf

---

KTLA5 shows police shooting pursuit suspect, and then they show bullet-riddled corpse on Live TV (end of police pursuit)

☆☆☆★★ WASTED
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Thats what happens in live news stories, you never know whats gonna happen. I've seen a lot worst.......
Real life GTA....
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Eesh. Not much else you can say.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Thats what happens in live news stories, you never know whats gonna happen. I've seen a lot worst.......
Real life GTA....

The worst was back in the 90s when a car chase ended with the guy shooting himself in the head. That was the era of live car chases too, so a lot of channels zoomed in on the guy when he got out of the car and did it. Plus, it was during the time when kids watched cartoons (I know, because I was one of them), so just awful. I still remember the newscaster's shocked face when they abruptly cut from the live feed, apologizing to viewers. Pretty sure they started delaying broadcasts by a little bit after that so they could cut stuff like that after that.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Real life GTA....

The worst was back in the 90s when a car chase ended with the guy shooting himself in the head. That was the era of live car chases too, so a lot of channels zoomed in on the guy when he got out of the car and did it. Plus, it was during the time when kids watched cartoons (I know, because I was one of them), so just awful. I still remember the newscaster's shocked face when they abruptly cut from the live feed, apologizing to viewers. Pretty sure they started delaying broadcasts by a little bit after that so they could cut stuff like that after that.

Daniel Victor Jones
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Real life GTA....

I saw that live....the cameras zoomed in the scene for probably 30 minutes....they pretty much changed the procedures for live news events that. They don't do close ups anymore in critical situations if they suspect something is going down. The cameramen immediately knew he screwed up today when he did a close up thats why they pulled out so fast.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Real life GTA....

I saw that live....the cameras zoomed in the scene for probably 30 minutes....they pretty much changed the procedures for live news events that. They don't do close ups anymore in critical situations if they suspect something is going down. The cameramen immediately knew he screwed up today when he did a close up thats why they pulled out so fast.

Grisliest footage of that sort ever captured (imo, to include the Jones thing) was Budd Dwyer's suicide. That's un-unseeable. It was the worst combo of circumstances taking place, resulting in maximum gore. He used a 357 Magnum to do it, shot thru the roof of his mouth which causes the most bleeding, and he fell perfectly on his ass for the cameraman to pan right in on his face. The blood was shooting out of his nose like water from a faucet. The bullet went out the top of his head. It was the leading front page story of the NY Times the next morning. That's not easy to accomplish, I would imagine, even if you do hold public office.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Real life GTA....

Grisliest footage of that sort ever captured (imo, to include the Jones thing) was Budd Dwyer's suicide. That's un-unseeable. It was the worst combo of circumstances taking place, resulting in maximum gore. He used a 357 Magnum to do it, shot thru the roof of his mouth which causes the most bleeding, and he fell perfectly on his ass for the cameraman to pan right in on his face. The blood was shooting out of his nose like water from a faucet. The bullet went out the top of his head. It was the leading front page story of the NY Times the next morning. That's not easy to accomplish, I would imagine, even if you do hold public office.

That was the first one of "those" videos I ever saw. (bleep) gruesome stuff, mate.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Rough day on LA freeways today (NSFW)

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
KTLA5 shows police shooting pursuit suspect, and then they show bullet-riddled corpse on Live TV (end of police pursuit)

☆☆☆★★ WASTED

Saw that one live while we getting ready to head out to take the kids to school. Had to shut the TV off real quick when I realized that the cops weren't worried about the guy inside the car shooting them and were just casually opening the door.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Real life GTA....

Iirc, this happened in the afternoon. My little bro and I were eating an afterschool snack, watching Animaniacs and they interrupted to show the chase and ensuing carnage.

We both remember it pretty well, the guy had a clear agenda.... I believe he had some kind of banner talking about HMO's. He set fire to his truck, burning his dog alive.... he ran out of the truck and took off his pants to avoid the same fate as his dog. Then grabbed a rifle out of the truck bed. Placed the rifle near the freeway median... hunched down and sprayed his brains all over the damn place.

Needless to say, my bro and I promptly threw away our snack and didn't eat for a few days afterwards. It was insane.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Real life GTA....

Iirc, this happened in the afternoon. My little bro and I were eating an afterschool snack, watching Animaniacs and they interrupted to show the chase and ensuing carnage.

We both remember it pretty well, the guy had a clear agenda.... I believe he had some kind of banner talking about HMO's. He set fire to his truck, burning his dog alive.... he ran out of the truck and took off his pants to avoid the same fate as his dog. Then grabbed a rifle out of the truck bed. Placed the rifle near the freeway median... hunched down and sprayed his brains all over the damn place.

Needless to say, my bro and I promptly threw away our snack and didn't eat for a few days afterwards. It was insane.

And then the news cameras focused in on his body which was missing a head spilling blood all over the freeway for what seems to be like 20-30 minutes.Needless to say, there were numerous complaints about the coverage and all stations changed their procedures on what to do if they suspect something is going down.
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Real life GTA....

And then the news cameras focused in on his body which was missing a head spilling blood all over the freeway for what seems to be like 20-30 minutes.Needless to say, there were numerous complaints about the coverage and all stations changed their procedures on what to do if they suspect something is going down.

As usual the media and other sheep took focus away from the real issue, and made it about how TV should handle live events.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

There have been a ton of car chases lately. The Kevin and Bean FB page seems to have one going all the time.

!...
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys.

My stupid curioisity had to youtube/google these.

*bleah*

Bye.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

I go to that area, the 5/134/colorado exit to go see my girlfriend, i mean the area generally speaking is a mess and when i heard i just thought to myself, i wonder what will make traffic easier to stop the madness

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

oops I saw that

This is common in third world countries, maybe that's why live news likes this desensitizes people who view it often.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

That was the first one of "those" videos I ever saw. (bleep) gruesome stuff, mate.

I saw this live, you ever heard of this? You remember Fight Back! with David Horowitz, rite? I actually saw the live IN-famous moment when that s-head walked onto the set. I was talking to Momz in the living room, probably about what's for dinner. She only watched NBC news, so she happened to have it on the local 4pm news. They cut it off in true cliffhanger style. Will the Fight Back! dude survive? Check back at 5! I know that looks funny, but obviously they're lucky that moron had a fake gun and wasn't planning to grease the lot of them because he definitely had the drop.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: