Who is your MVP?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your MVP?
Westbrook
80%
 80%  [ 58 ]
Harden
19%
 19%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 72

Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Have they voted yet? They gonna be influenced by this playoff performances... on one hand, Harden looked great in game 1 >> Westbrook, on the other hand, you could see how much superior Harden's teammates compare to Westbrook's

That may be what the media is trying to spin but that's not what I saw. Beverly was great, but Gordon, Williams and Anderson did not shoot the ball well. Ariza scored 4 points on 4 shots.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
governator wrote:
Have they voted yet? They gonna be influenced by this playoff performances... on one hand, Harden looked great in game 1 >> Westbrook, on the other hand, you could see how much superior Harden's teammates compare to Westbrook's

That may be what the media is trying to spin but that's not what I saw. Beverly was great, but Gordon, Williams and Anderson did not shoot the ball well. Ariza scored 4 points on 4 shots.

Not sure about spin, Houston bigs outmuscled OKC's (who'd thunk that) and Pat Beverly played like an all star on both sides of the ball. Westbrook teammates... straight stunk it up
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
governator wrote:

Not sure about spin, Houston bigs outmuscled OKC's (who'd thunk that) and Pat Beverly played like an all star on both sides of the ball. Westbrook teammates... straight stunk it up
OKC's bigs are better than Houston's bigs.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
governator wrote:

Houston is built on shooting. The supporting "shooters" shot poorly, outside of Beverly. Beverly hit wide open shots, similar to Roberson. The Rockets got more boards because the player who dominated shots for OKC (took 23, with the next closest player taking 12) only made 6 of them.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject:

Game 2 is literally Westbrook vs Rockets... teammates need to step up
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Most of them did. Oladipo was garbage. Gibson was 3/6 with 5 boards in 21 minutes. Roberson was 6/12, had 8 boards and played good D. Adams had 5/7 in 27 minutes but was in foul trouble. Grant had 9/5 off the bench, on 2/4 shooting. McDermott was 4/5 and 3/4 on threes, in 14 minutes. Kanter barely played (blame the coach). They had an 8 point lead in the 4th before Westbrook proceeded to shoot them out the game and stopped trying defensively.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
governator wrote:

Most of them did. Oladipo was garbage. Gibson was 3/6 with 5 boards in 21 minutes. Roberson was 6/12, had 8 boards and played good D. Adams had 5/7 in 27 minutes but was in foul trouble. Grant had 9/5 off the bench, on 2/4 shooting. McDermott was 4/5 and 3/4 on threes, in 14 minutes. Kanter barely played (blame the coach). They had an 8 point lead in the 4th before Westbrook proceeded to shoot them out the game and stopped trying defensively.

I thought they lost the lead when Westbrook sat down
jestersmash
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook was 17 of 43 in game 2 against the rockets. That's a weak ass 50+ point game if you ask me. Give lebron, harden, Leonard, Durant, or curry 41 shot attempts and I'll bet most of them could break 60.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

They vote for all the awards before the playoffs begin
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

jestersmash wrote:
Westbrook was 17 of 43 in game 2 against the rockets. That's a weak ass 50+ point game if you ask me. Give lebron, harden, Leonard, Durant, or curry 41 shot attempts and I'll bet most of them could break 60.

Take these guys off their all-star squads, and i doubt they get 60 on 40 attempts. Then, add the triple double requirement with low turnovers and none of the guys listed above other than Harden could do it. People wanna talk efficiency while only looking at FG% (not even looking at FTs), which is usually fine for a scorer, but Westbrook is so much more than a scorer. Look at OKC's collapse in the 3rd while he was on the bench for proof.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
governator wrote:

I thought they lost the lead when Westbrook sat down

They were up 12 or 14 when he sat in the 3rd. The lead was cut to 3 at the end of the 3rd. He started the 4th and the lead went back to 8, then they lost that lead with him playing the entire 4th. Saying they lost the game because he went to the bench in the 3rd is the typical media spin they have been doing all season.
jestersmash
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jestersmash wrote:

Take these guys off their all-star squads, and i doubt they get 60 on 40 attempts. Then, add the triple double requirement with low turnovers and none of the guys listed above other than Harden could do it. People wanna talk efficiency while only looking at FG% (not even looking at FTs), which is usually fine for a scorer, but Westbrook is so much more than a scorer. Look at OKC's collapse in the 3rd while he was on the bench for proof.

What "all star squad" are you talking about with Harden and Leonard? Both are the only all star players on their respective teams.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

jestersmash wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jestersmash wrote:

What "all star squad" are you talking about with Harden and Leonard? Both are the only all star players on their respective teams.

Gasol and Aldridge were all-stars last year. Three of Leonard's teammates will likely be Hall of Famers. I think it's reasonable to label that an "all star squad," even though that's an admittedly vague phrase.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

jestersmash wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jestersmash wrote:

If you notice, I did not bold Harden's name, and I explicitly said he could do it. As for Leonard, see above.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

I started out thinking Harden because he is playing on the better team putting up insane numbers.

But dang, Westbrook's season is for the ages. One of the best years ever by anyone. First person to average a triple double for the whole season since Oscar. That is something special.

He may not be my favorite player or even the best player. I know there is a fair amount of grumbling that other players don't want to play with him because nobody but him ever gets the ball. I am not saying that, and even if it is true, you still can't deny this season.
jestersmash
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jestersmash wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jestersmash wrote:

Gasol and Aldridge were all-stars last year. Three of Leonard's teammates will likely be Hall of Famers. I think it's reasonable to label that an "all star squad," even though that's an admittedly vague phrase.

Aldridge is borderline. Gasol is no longer an all star caliber talent. That's an extremely deceptive way of looking at things.

Durant, Curry, and Lebron have significant help on their squads.

Leonard? Two of their hall of famers put up goose eggs for numbers in game 3. Ginobili and Parker had 0 points. He carries that team almost entirely by himself.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

This is your MVP

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Without Westbrook on the floor, OKC is about -16 per game in this series
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

jestersmash wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jestersmash wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jestersmash wrote:

Aldridge is borderline. Gasol is no longer an all star caliber talent. That's an extremely deceptive way of looking at things.

It's deceptive to say a guy who made 5 all-star teams in a row before this season is an all-star?

You're losing me there ...
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

The game was there for the taking for OKC in 3 of these losses. Westbrook was horrible to close the game in all of those losses. He shot 29% in the 4th for the series, on wayyyyy too many shots.
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
governator wrote:

The game was there for the taking for OKC in 3 of these losses. Westbrook was horrible to close the game in all of those losses. He shot 29% in the 4th for the series, on wayyyyy too many shots.

They're still -16 without him and +12 with him. If they don't lose their leads when he sits, than the mediocre shooting in the 4th wouldn't matter. Westbrook is gonna Westbrook, when he enters the game in the 4th after his team has lost the lead or the majority of it, he's gonna chuck up 10+ threes despite being trash from that range. Gotta take the good with the bad. He'll keep his team in the game, but can very well be a factor in losing it too.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject:

Westbrook is on holidays.
Has someone got the MVP award after playoff elemination?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:
Westbrook is on holidays.
Has someone got the MVP award after playoff elemination?

No, they used to give it in 1st rd I think
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
governator wrote:

You don't think Rockets' role players are just better than OKC's?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

aachan wrote:

They're still -16 without him and +12 with him.

And with him playing in Q4 in the 4th, where he has played the majority of those quarter minutes, Houston has still outscored OKC by 30 points or so.

aachan wrote:

If they don't lose their leads when he sits, than the mediocre shooting in the 4th wouldn't matter.

He's not the only one sitting. For example, during last night's 10 point swing, he sat along with Adams and Roberson. So it's not "they blew a lead without Westbrook". It's "they blew a lead without Westbrook and a huge defensive dropoff at C (To Kanter) and having their best wing defender on the bench". So their offense stalls but their defense is also much worse.

aachan wrote:

Westbrook is gonna Westbrook, when he enters the game in the 4th after his team has lost the lead or the majority of it, he's gonna chuck up 10+ threes despite being trash from that range.

And that's a problem, because from Q1-Q3, when he is in the game, guys are hitting shots he gets them. In Q4 he decides to stop passing, and shoots horrible shots, and misses most.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: