Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

What’s Next For Paul George?
by Ryan Magdziarz -at- RyanMagdziarz

NBA Trade Rumors: After falling victim to an embarrasing first round sweep, what’s next for Paul George?

http://sircharlesincharge.com/2017/04/25/nba-trade-rumors-paul-george-sweep/
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
What’s Next For Paul George?
by Ryan Magdziarz @ RyanMagdziarz

NBA Trade Rumors: After falling victim to an embarrasing first round sweep, what’s next for Paul George?

http://sircharlesincharge.com/2017/04/25/nba-trade-rumors-paul-george-sweep/

Paul George for Julius and JC?

Do it Mitch ... ops, Magic
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

If the Lakers are lucky enough to be able to keep a top 3 pick this draft and can draft Josh Jackson I don't think that we have to wait 4-5 years. We get Josh Jackson and we are in playoff contention next season IMO, if not then in 2 years for sure.
Keeping this pick is so critical to accelerating our return to competitiveness.

yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:
My boy who is a DIE HARD Lakers fan like us thinks we may already have younger versions of two players we would really like to see on our roster.

What do you guys think?

Quote:
Many here want the Lakers to pursue Jimmy Butler and or Paul George. But consider this...Couldn't one make the claim that Brandon Ingram is a very young (and skinny) version on Paul George with the potential to be a 2-way all star player? And if the Lakers are smart with their pick they'll strongly consider drafting Josh Jackson who in my eyes compares to a young version of Jimmy Butler with off the charts athleticism and defensive game.

Why not keep Ingram at SF, draft Jackson to play SG and build around a long athletic defensive team with developing offensive game?

They may, but doubt the Lakers wait 4-5 years (and missing playoffs until then) to find out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

lakid wrote:
If the Lakers are lucky enough to be able to keep a top 3 pick this draft and can draft Josh Jackson I don't think that we have to wait 4-5 years. We get Josh Jackson and we are in playoff contention next season IMO, if not then in 2 years for sure.

yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:
My boy who is a DIE HARD Lakers fan like us thinks we may already have younger versions of two players we would really like to see on our roster.

What do you guys think?

Quote:
Many here want the Lakers to pursue Jimmy Butler and or Paul George. But consider this...Couldn't one make the claim that Brandon Ingram is a very young (and skinny) version on Paul George with the potential to be a 2-way all star player? And if the Lakers are smart with their pick they'll strongly consider drafting Josh Jackson who in my eyes compares to a young version of Jimmy Butler with off the charts athleticism and defensive game.

Why not keep Ingram at SF, draft Jackson to play SG and build around a long athletic defensive team with developing offensive game?

They may, but doubt the Lakers wait 4-5 years (and missing playoffs until then) to find out.

Disagree. Name a team that has a core of players who are 19-23 and are in the playoffs in the West. It'll take them a few years to sniff the 8th seed if they stay the course.

Ingram's shooting is spotty, Jackson isn't a shooter, Randle isn't a shooter. I mean that's a shooting nightmare for the team.
Showtime__79
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

lakid wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Totally agree!!! Let's get that pick! 2 years away from making some noise in the NBA!
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject:

in theory, IF we are lucky enough to keep the pick and draft say, Lonzo Ball, we would have solid representation at the Rising Stars Allstar game, Ball, Ingram and Zu. Maybe that would be enough to keep Magic/Rob at bay in their quest for an "allstar" to represent us on Allstar weekend.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

Portland and Utah.
Plus denver was a fringe playoff team and they had a similarly aged core.

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakid wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Disagree. Name a team that has a core of players who are 19-23 and are in the playoffs in the West. It'll take them a few years to sniff the 8th seed if they stay the course.

Ingram's shooting is spotty, Jackson isn't a shooter, Randle isn't a shooter. I mean that's a shooting nightmare for the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

lakid wrote:
Portland and Utah.
Plus denver was a fringe playoff team and they had a similarly aged core.

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakid wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Incorrect.

Portland's core guys CJ and Dame (26), Al Farouq (26), Nurkic (22).
Utah: Hayward (27), Gobert (24), Hill (30), Favors (25), Hood (24), Johnson (35)
Denver: Nelson (35), Chandler (29), Gallinari (28), Faried (27). I"ll give you Jokic (22) and Harris (22) but they have a veteran core.

Denver
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Well we going to get our ass handed to us by the Warriors the next 4-5 years by going to the playoffs so we we're screwed regardless.

I'm not so sure about that.

Dynasties like that tend to crumble after a 3-4 year run (look at the recent Lakers, HEAT, early 2000s Lakers). Too many games over too many years. I can see at least 2 years of being an absolute no brainer top contender, thereafter, anyone's guess.
Wade got old, and his game was based largely on athleticism. Durant/Curry are 28, and their games are based on jumpshooting. They both should still be lethal at age 32. Klay/Green are 27.

Their #1 contender window is easily 4 years if health permits. They are a superteam of the highest order.

Ya I don't think we've seen anything like them before.
Although Klay could leave because the 3rd fiddle never gets shine
Curry/Durant still get the job done
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ya I don't think we've seen anything like them before.
Although Klay could leave because the 3rd fiddle never gets shine
Curry/Durant still get the job done

The issue is that the two of them could take up closer to 70% of the cap space together. When it's time to re-up Klay/Dray, will the team do it? (I can see Klay leaving after being tired of being the perennial #3 option).

What eventually brings down these dynasties that hit the Finals year after year are: injuries, rising salaries not commensurate with age/decline in game, and depletion of the bench b/c of the high salaries of its stars.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

Wildchild027 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Well we going to get our ass handed to us by the Warriors the next 4-5 years by going to the playoffs so we we're screwed regardless.

I'm not so sure about that.

Dynasties like that tend to crumble after a 3-4 year run (look at the recent Lakers, HEAT, early 2000s Lakers). Too many games over too many years. I can see at least 2 years of being an absolute no brainer top contender, thereafter, anyone's guess.
Wade got old, and his game was based largely on athleticism. Durant/Curry are 28, and their games are based on jumpshooting. They both should still be lethal at age 32. Klay/Green are 27.

Their #1 contender window is easily 4 years if health permits. They are a superteam of the highest order.

The Heat were actually younger than the Warriors when they got together, and they didn't win 4 straight titles. Wade was 28, LeBron was 25, and Bosh was 26. And yes, the Warriors are a jumpshooting team, but Curry and Thompson have already struggle n the NBA finals. You add in the fact that Curry will get a massive raise, Durant will get a raise, Iggy will get a slight raise, and Livingston will get a raise, and toy can see how money will be a problem in the near future.

Curry,Durant,Clay,Green together is on a whole 'nother level than just Lebron,Wade,Bosh

Not even close. Green is a role player, and Klay is mostly a spot up shooter. You add in the fact that LeBron, Wade and Bosh made about 51 million combined when they got together, and Durant and Curry will make over 60 million next season by themselves. That team isn't wining four straight rings.

What's your point bringing up salaries? The Salary cap when the Big 3 got together in Miami was 58 million. The Salary cap next year will be 101 million. If anything the Warriors are in a better position with Green and Thompson locked into cheaper deals long term.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

My concern if I was the Warriors is how to fill out roster spots 5-10 with no cap space. Iggy/Livingston are over 30, and Zaza isn't a long term solution.

There may come a day where the Warriors may have to trade someone like Klay to get 2-3 role players.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
My concern if I was the Warriors is how to fill out roster spots 5-10 with no cap space. Iggy/Livingston are over 30, and Zaza isn't a long term solution.

There may come a day where the Warriors may have to trade someone like Klay to get 2-3 role players.

I'd doubt that. They'll build around their core the same way every team over the cap does. Using trades, minimum salaries, draft picks, and exceptions.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'd doubt that. They'll build around their core the same way every team over the cap does. Using trades, minimum salaries, draft picks, and exceptions.

What role players? They will had essentially 4 maxed out or near max players. History has shown those teams cannot maintain long term depth.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What role players? They will had essentially 4 maxed out or near max players. History has shown those teams cannot maintain long term depth.

That and thry've seem to have found something in both Ian Clark and Patrick McCaw and they have something in Damian Jones who at his upside is a smarter Deandre Jordan

So... there's that too.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Have to start getting something from their draft picks-McCaw, Jones, Looney. They will always be able to find solid vets to add depth. McGhee looks like he can hold down the starting spot.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject:

Kevin Pritchard on Paul George: ‘In every scenario he talked about being here’

Quote:
During his press conference, Pritchard discussed how his exit interview with him went. He sounded optimistic that they will be able to re-sign George, as he apparently talked about “wanting to stay in every scenario”.

http://clutchpoints.com/kevin-pritchard-paul-george-every-scenario-being-here/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject:

Lakers fans tried to recruit Paul George at Disneyland
Quote:
The offseason rumor cycle has reached the point where a superstar’s vacation choices obviously have to mean something. So when Paul George is spotted at Disneyland, the only logical assumption is that he was there to scope out the extra-curricular activities his native Southern California offers.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/5/1/15512390/lakers-fans-tried-to-recruit-paul-george-disneyland-trade-rumors
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's my own take, backed up by history, that dynasties that get to the Finals each year have a 3-4 year shelf-life due to wear/tear, injuries, salaries, etc.

Warriors are on year 3 of this quest, and we'll see if they will make 4 more Finals like you predict.

Agreed. Part of me too will be surprised if Curry and Durant are both on that team in a few years. We've seen up close what happens when two superstars are on the same team for an extended period. Shaq and Kobe were also the 2 best players in the NBA (along with Duncan at that time) and we all know how that ended up.

With that said I'm expecting PG13 on the Lakers next year. We really need our top 3 pick but I wouldn't trade much more than that(maybe Clarkson or Randle) for him but the caveat is Indiana needs to take back Deng's contract. Adding PG13 plus a legit FA like Jrue could instantly elevate this team to a top 4 playoff seed. Develop Ingram, Zubac, and Ingram the next 2-3 years and the Lakers will be set to take over the WC when GS fades. Jrue would be the perfect pg to play next to DLo and George too.
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have to make a decision.....stick with the young core and develop, then hope they become great when the Warriors fall.....OR.....trade the young core for an all-star player or two, and have a more veteran team.

It's either or and nothing in between. You can't have Paul George or Jimmy Butler surrounded by a bunch of guys in their early 20's that will take 4 more years to become great. If you don't think two of three current all-stars in the league can ever beat the Warriors though then stick with the young guys and develop.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

omzzzzz wrote:
The Lakers have to make a decision.....stick with the young core and develop, then hope they become great when the Warriors fall.....OR.....trade the young core for an all-star player or two, and have a more veteran team.

It's either or and nothing in between. You can't have Paul George or Jimmy Butler surrounded by a bunch of guys in their early 20's that will take 4 more years to become great. If you don't think two of three current all-stars in the league can ever beat the Warriors though then stick with the young guys and develop.

Can't hinge on what the Warriors are doing to decide the direction of the team, there is always injuries that can come into play.. if the Lakers can get stars then they need to make sacrifice decisions, you can't choose the youth movement and the win-now movement, we are either creating a roster to compete with the top dogs or we are riding with the youth movement.

Also if we were gonna have a long term rebuild plan, I highly highly doubt they would have bought a competitive freak like Magic to the FO, the guy is all about winning.
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
omzzzzz wrote:

Can't hinge on what the Warriors are doing to decide the direction of the team, there is always injuries that can come into play.. if the Lakers can get stars then they need to make sacrifice decisions, you can't choose the youth movement and the win-now movement, we are either creating a roster to compete with the top dogs or we are riding with the youth movement.

Also if we were gonna have a long term rebuild plan, I highly highly doubt they would have bought a competitive freak like Magic to the FO, the guy is all about winning.

Yea that's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think Pelinka and Magic came here to wait 5 years to gamble on the upside of Ingram and Russell.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

omzzzzz wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
omzzzzz wrote:

Yea that's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think Pelinka and Magic came here to wait 5 years to gamble on the upside of Ingram and Russell.

Yep, they were bought here to speed the rebuilding process and make the necessary moves to compete now. if they were planning to go with the youth movement why not keep Mitch and Jim? That's what makes me think that we are gonna make moves now rather then waiting to see how the players develop. Mitch was probably laid back enough to wait for a few years for the young core to develop, him getting booted makes me think that we are now trying to win with the new FO.
8DimeandsShining
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Agreed

I been saying this for weeks. The best player in the consensus "top 5" is Jackson. Hands down and its not even close to me. I been arguing in my FB Laker groups, saying this exact same thing as the original poser. Ingram and Jackson on the wings is a nightmare for the NBA on BOTH SIDES of the ball!!! I wholeheartedly agree with you. I was so amped somebody sees what I see, I had to figured out how to re-activate my account so I could respond! LMAO!
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Agreed

I agree, Jackson is the guy I wanted all along. Really hope that we get the number 3 pick so that we can draft Jackson 3 after fultz and ball go 1 and 2.

8DimeandsShining wrote:
I been saying this for weeks. The best player in the consensus "top 5" is Jackson. Hands down and its not even close to me. I been arguing in my FB Laker groups, saying this exact same thing as the original poser. Ingram and Jackson on the wings is a nightmare for the NBA on BOTH SIDES of the ball!!! I wholeheartedly agree with you. I was so amped somebody sees what I see, I had to figured out how to re-activate my account so I could respond! LMAO!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: