Gasol the Bull (and the Laker, the Spur, and the Grizzly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

vedanta wrote:
Pau Gasol: Joins Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kevin Garnett & Tim Duncan as the only players with 20,000 PTS, 10,000 REB, 3,500 AST & 1,500 BLK.

Impressive...

Congrats Pau!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Pau will always be a laker to me. I absolutely LOATHE the San Antonio Spurs. sick of them winning, sick of them getting our stars late in there careers. I just want them to go back to the bottom of the standings again
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject:

According to a tweet from the Spurs:

Pau Gasol is now 1 of 6 in @NBA history with 2,000 pts, 300+ ast & 200+ blk in the postseason (Kareem, Shaq, Duncan, Olajuwon, Erving)
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

vedanta wrote:

Pau Gasol is now 1 of 6 in @NBA history with 2,000 pts, 300+ ast & 200+ blk in the postseason (Kareem, Shaq, Duncan, Olajuwon, Erving)

That's cool and all, but it's a bit of a statistical trick. Gasol just squeaks over the threshold, so he's grouped with guys who actually blow his numbers away, and guys who are much closer to him just miss the cut.

Rasheed Wallace's playoff career totals are much much closer to Gasol's than Hakeem's, Kareem's etc.

But hey it's a fun little trick.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
vedanta wrote:

That's cool and all, but it's a bit of a statistical trick. Gasol just squeaks over the threshold, so he's grouped with guys who actually blow his numbers away, and guys who are much closer to him just miss the cut.

Rasheed Wallace's playoff career totals are much much closer to Gasol's than Hakeem's, Kareem's etc.

But hey it's a fun little trick.

I rather he reach these milestones in a jersey other than the (bleep) (bleep) Spurs
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to Pau...!

With the Griz, he never had the talent around him to get him to the finals, with the Lakers he had Kobe, Odom and Dfish, with the Bulls, well Jordan was long gone and with the Spurs, Duncan is gone and Ginobli and Parker are in their late 30's...

If he could catch on with the Cav's or Warriors, he could probably find some coat-tails to ride to his last ring...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/19/report-spurs-working-toward-re-signing-pau-gasol/

Quote:
Report: Spurs working toward re-signing Pau Gasol

Pau Gasol declined his $16,197,500 player option, giving the Spurs the ability to chase major free agents.

But once Chris Paul went to the Rockets before free agency even began, San Antonio had a summer it could’ve had if Gasol opted in – re-signing Patty Mills and Manu Ginobili and signing Rudy Gay with the mid-level exception. One more order of business: Re-signing Gasol, whose Bird Rights San Antonio still holds.

Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN:

The Spurs are also working to finalize a new deal with free-agent center Pau Gasol, league sources said.

The Spurs could have massive cap space next summer, and I doubt they’ll jeopardize that for the 37-year-old Gasol. But I also expect them to reward his willingness to opt out and give them flexibility now (even if it went unused).

My best bet: A one-year contract at a rate similar to his option-year salary then – after that overpay – Gasol re-signing for far less next year, when San Antonio can actually take advantage of a discount.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

Spurs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28
Jump to: