Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 406, 407, 408 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Nice. Like a 145 version of Nunes I guess. ... Can't wait for Nunes' test against Shevchanko.. Time to stamp herself as the one!

Nunes is a stalking beast. She's been able to make huge improvement in a short amount of time. Whereas, being that she's been fighting in the UFC's version of the D-League, Anderson would be making a HUGE leap in competition level. But even at this point, she'd give most strikers all they could handle.

Also looking forward the Bullet taking on Nunes again. I really Like Shevchenko's game. Too bad she's not longer. But she's a warrior.

Since we're on women's MMA, is joanna jedrzejczyk one of the most technically sound strikers on the entire UFC roster? Damn, I would not want to square up with her.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Nice. Like a 145 version of Nunes I guess. ... Can't wait for Nunes' test against Shevchanko.. Time to stamp herself as the one!

Nunes is a stalking beast. She's been able to make huge improvement in a short amount of time. Whereas, being that she's been fighting in the UFC's version of the D-League, Anderson would be making a HUGE leap in competition level. But even at this point, she'd give most strikers all they could handle.

Also looking forward the Bullet taking on Nunes again. I really Like Shevchenko's game. Too bad she's not longer. But she's a warrior.

Since we're on women's MMA, is joanna jedrzejczyk one of the most technically sound strikers on the entire UFC roster? Damn, I would not want to square up with her.

She's like a robot. It's nuts. I think her fight in 2 weeks is going to be her biggest test of late. The other Polish chick clocked her one time in the last one, Claudia didn't put up any resistance in the fight before that. But Andrade, I think she's solid. You think JJ runs away with it?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

She's like a robot. It's nuts. I think her fight in 2 weeks is going to be her biggest test of late. The other Polish chick clocked her one time in the last one, Claudia didn't put up any resistance in the fight before that. But Andrade, I think she's solid. You think JJ runs away with it?

Very much looking forward to JJ's next bout. Like karolina kowalkiewicz, Andrade is punch eating bull. But something worth noting is that that the challenger has already moved down from a higher weight class. Which is something that gives Andrade an advantage in strength like JJ has never had to face during her reign. What happens when the challenger walks through the storm of strikes and get her hands on the champ, takes her down and doles out some G&P an makes JJ carry her weight for a long and grueling stretch?

If JJ had more power, I might say she picks Andrade apart easily but after watching a smaller, lighter and less heavy handed KK put JJ to the test, I'm inclined to think she's got a better chance than most might think. Unless she's just too slow, I can't help but think Andrade will eventually have her opportunity to put the champ in a kind of danger that she's not yet faced. There's footage of Valentina facing off against JJ back on the Muay Thai circuit and Shevchenko just pretty much rag dolled Joanna in both of their matches. Both were losses for Joanna. That also has me thinking.

It's a very interesting matchup.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Did y'all see GSP's instagram post telling Bisping he can fight him after October? Wth man? So we have to wait that long to see a title shot? SMH

Dana better give Silva that #1 contender match with Yoel Romero to hold us over then. That's a long time.

I'd also like to see Yoel vs Cormier just for fun but I know it'll never happen lol

Who is Woodley fighting next? Rumor is Nick Diaz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Did y'all see GSP's instagram post telling Bisping he can fight him after October? Wth man? So we have to wait that long to see a title shot? SMH

Dana better give Silva that #1 contender match with Yoel Romero to hold us over then. That's a long time.

I'd also like to see Yoel vs Cormier just for fun but I know it'll never happen lol

Yeah, GSP is playing the waiting game. Maybe it gives him chance to complete his cycle an prepare for "random" testing.

Diaz/Woodley would be nice.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Yeah, GSP is playing the waiting game. Maybe it gives him chance to complete his cycle an prepare for "random" testing.

Seriously cuz I can't think of any other reason for a random date like "anytime after October". Doesn't make any sense
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Seriously cuz I can't think of any other reason for a random date like "anytime after October". Doesn't make any sense

Yeah, I'm not really feeling GSP. After all those years off, what he really needs is just a little more time. I have to admit that I am kind of enjoying that D-bag Bisping talking madness about St. Pierre in the interim though. Him calling out GSP in those pictures where George was clearly pushing his stomach out to look bloated was entertaining, saying it looked like George had been "impregnated by aliens."

GSP has been flirting with coming back for so long now and after his last fight was a decision victory (a fight most people believe he lost), he's finally coming back against the weakest UFC champ in recent memory and it seems like he's just milking the whole thing. He used to outwit and outclass his opponents leading up to the fight before doing the same inside the octagon. So, I'm actually enjoying him getting talked under the table for now. If he beats Bisping, he'll never fight at middleweight again. And then, my guess is that he goes after McGregor at a lower weight. Too much handpicking and privilege for my liking. I'm just not a big fan.

I was rewatching some of Jessica Andrade's previous bouts and while she is a bull and I think she's going to be the strongest and most relentless fighter JJ has ever faced, she's going to be susceptible to JJ's devastating elbows when she charges the champ. Andrade is going to have to eat a lot of strikes to execute her game plan and she's always swinging wide. She actually throws like Vanderlei Silva. I think it's going to be a very entertaining fight. It's just a matter of how much the challenger can eat and can she keep up that pace for 5 full rounds? JJ is going to have to be at the top of her game and her own resolve will be tested because Andrade will eventually get to her and the strength of Andrade at strawweight is almost unfair. Really looking forward to that fight. It's cool how in MMA, the women's scraps are getting to be so intriguing and entertaining.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not really feeling GSP. After all those years off, what he really needs is just a little more time. I have to admit that I am kind of enjoying that D-bag Bisping talking madness about St. Pierre in the interim though. Him calling out GSP in those pictures where George was clearly pushing his stomach out to look bloated was entertaining, saying it looked like George had been "impregnated by aliens."

GSP has been flirting with coming back for so long now and after his last fight was a decision victory (a fight most people believe he lost), he's finally coming back against the weakest UFC champ in recent memory and it seems like he's just milking the whole thing. He used to outwit and outclass his opponents leading up to the fight before doing the same inside the octagon. So, I'm actually enjoying him getting talked under the table for now. If he beats Bisping, he'll never fight at middleweight again. And then, my guess is that he goes after McGregor at a lower weight. Too much handpicking and privilege for my liking. I'm just not a big fan.

I was rewatching some of Jessica Andrade's previous bouts and while she is a bull and I think she's going to be the strongest and most relentless fighter JJ has ever faced, she's going to be susceptible to JJ's devastating elbows when she charges the champ. Andrade is going to have to eat a lot of strikes to execute her game plan and she's always swinging wide. She actually throws like Vanderlei Silva. I think it's going to be a very entertaining fight. It's just a matter of how much the challenger can eat and can she keep up that pace for 5 full rounds? JJ is going to have to be at the top of her game and her own resolve will be tested because Andrade will eventually get to her and the strength of Andrade at strawweight is almost unfair. Really looking forward to that fight. It's cool how in MMA, the women's scraps are getting to be so intriguing and entertaining.

100% agree. And as a new fan of MMA it's a bad introduction to one fo the sport's legends
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

100% agree. And as a new fan of MMA it's a bad introduction to one fo the sport's legends

I am positive my views on GSP are in the stark minority. UFC fans absolutely love that dude. And almost everyone outside of Manchester hates Bisping's cocky ass. Dude got lucky but there's no denying he got lucky at just the right time. Not just with his left hook on Rockhold but also with GSP wanting to come back and fight him, saving the Englishman from a serious beat down from any number of middleweights in the top 5 of the division while giving him a HUGE payday to boot. It's his lotto ticket cashed in.

I still think he's a middle-to-lower tier fighter but he is game and can really talk some dookie so, just watching someone treat GSP with such irreverence and dismissive regard, sounding funny while doing so, is kind of entertaining because I never liked GSP's style as a fighter. Just personal preference.

But still looking more forward to the JJ/Andrade scrap.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Man you really want to see Silva again? He's 1-4-1 in his last 6 and he's pissed hot in that time span. He barely got by a bum in Derek Brunson. It'd be great if it's 2010 but that ship has sailed. Legend or not, the prospect of him in a title fight while skipping the line moves the needle exactly zero for me.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject:

I don't like what Whitiker is doing.. He is not deserving of a title shot yet.. maybe he's just avoiding Rockhold..
Rockhold has been offered Musasi. That would be a good fight.
Division needs to get moved forward already, jesus.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I don't like what Whitiker is doing.. He is not deserving of a title shot yet.. maybe he's just avoiding Rockhold..
Rockhold has been offered Musasi. That would be a good fight.
Division needs to get moved forward already, jesus.

Sure seems that way. He realizes his stock as a fighter has never been higher and he wants a title shot before he gets in a war and potentially gets knocked back down the ladder a couple rungs. Middleweight division has some good matchups to be made but in today's climate, everyone is starting to stand pat or flat out hold out trying desperately to get a money fight or a title shot. Rockhold came out said flatly that fighters should start telling the UFC to F themselves. His comments are spurred by the circus that is forming around the GSP comeback title fight. Haven't heard about the fighters unionizing lately but ever since that Reebok deal (followed by the organization bending to the whims of Rousey, McGregor and now Bisping and George), the business side is the main topic of discussion among fighters. Should be interesting.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

GSP/Bisping off. Romero gets his shot in July.

Some feelers being floated by Anderson Silva's camp about a megafight with the Canadian.

Jones/DC could be on for UFC 214.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject:

PICKS FOR TOMORROW YA'LL?
So excited

Alvarez
Rodriguez
Maia
JJ in a tight one
Stipe
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
So excited

Alvarez
Rodriguez
Maia
JJ in a tight one
Stipe

Those look good. I'm taking Edgar over Rodriguez though. Maia is a tough one...I think Masvidal's striking is legit. I'll go with your pick and side with the human backpack though.

Any of y'all see the press conference with Jon Jones and Cormier? Those boys want to kill each other and it's legit imo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
So excited

Alvarez
Rodriguez
Maia
JJ in a tight one
Stipe

Those look good. I'm taking Edgar over Rodriguez though. Maia is a tough one...I think Masvidal's striking is legit. I'll go with your pick and side with the human backpack though.

Any of y'all see the press conference with Jon Jones and Cormier? Those boys want to kill each other and it's legit imo.

That presser was so fun. That fight neeeds to happen - those guys are ready to explode at eachother

I'm not too confident in Maia over Masvidal.. It'll be interesting.
Rodriguez is just so exciting that I want him to win. Frankie could take him down and dominate there though. On the feet it'll be interesting
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

I'll with your picks KIROE.

I'm rooting for Yair too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see JJ upset.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

LEETSS GOOOO
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Yair is just so exciting. And I'm wondering if Frankie's long career is going to start catching up to him now.

JJ is going to be a great fight. She does have the height and reach advantage though, luckily.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

I will never doubt Joanna Champion again. Wow
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Yair is just so exciting. And I'm wondering if Frankie's long career is going to start catching up to him now.

JJ is going to be a great fight. She does have the height and reach advantage though, luckily.

I didn't buy into the hype with Yair...yet. His best scalp was a 600 year old BJ Penn who's been a shell of himself even before retirement. Frankie Edgar starched Chad Mendes in his last outing...the way he fights, I can't see him slowing down.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Dude Frankie went crazy. Nobody else is close to that top 3 at 145 - will he ever get that belt tho!
Yair got ridiculously exposed, lol, damn. He's young tho
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Stipe...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Duuuude Stipe is something else with those hands!! There's a reason why Overeem was running scared. He's so legit omg
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

JDS got owned. dang.. that was quick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 406, 407, 408 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 407 of 499
Jump to: