Shaquille O'Neal named as Cover Athlete for NBA 2K18 Legend Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Anyone know how 2k18 looks like?

Just like 2K17 and 2K16 because the fans don't uproar like they do for Mass Effect's graphics.

2K needs solid competition again...2K17's most recent patch killed the gameplay for me by making shooting ridiculously clunky.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Just like 2K17 and 2K16 because the fans don't uproar like they do for Mass Effect's graphics.

2K needs solid competition again...2K17's most recent patch killed the gameplay for me by making shooting ridiculously clunky.

I think 2K's the only one with the rights to use NBA players' likenesses and team logos.

I'd kill for a game that's like myCareer but with more depth. I won't even care if it would use made up players and teams.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think 2K's the only one with the rights to use NBA players' likenesses and team logos.

I'd kill for a game that's like myCareer but with more depth. I won't even care if it would use made up players and teams.

And MUCH better voice acting
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If EA Sports wanted to compete with 2K they would ditch "NBA Live" and make NBA Street, and give it a "Career" mode, as well as a BETTER online basketball system than 2K has.

MyPark is one of the most popular aspects of NBA2K. If EA did a game like NBA STREET that was primarily based around that with a BETTER SYSTEM in place, they'd take more than half 2K's customers.

Give it some ACTUAL NEXT GEN graphics, and a storyline in career mode like Def Jam Fight for New York meets He Got Game and you got something.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You mean to say THIS ain't the pinnacle of voice acting?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Gold edition download code is 150 bucks on Amazon? Not even a physical copy with a physical box and Shaq cover? And all it comes with is a bunch of digital items? What the hell? If that holds true, I might pass after all. At least until the inevitable discount.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
22 wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If EA Sports wanted to compete with 2K they would ditch "NBA Live" and make NBA Street, and give it a "Career" mode, as well as a BETTER online basketball system than 2K has.

MyPark is one of the most popular aspects of NBA2K. If EA did a game like NBA STREET that was primarily based around that with a BETTER SYSTEM in place, they'd take more than half 2K's customers.

Give it some ACTUAL NEXT GEN graphics, and a storyline in career mode like Def Jam Fight for New York meets He Got Game and you got something.

A NBA street game would never take 2k's fanbase away, it would be a niche game played by 2k fans for short spurts for fun.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No they aren't, NBA playgrounds literally just came out, unlike EA, 2k doesn't buy the rights to sports leagues.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Idc create a team/re-location from 2k16 is all I've ever wanted
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No they aren't, NBA playgrounds literally just came out, unlike EA, 2k doesn't buy the rights to sports leagues.

NBA Playgrounds does look like fun. Thinking of getting it. Especially since it is on the Switch.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nice! I thought 2K and the NBA have the same relationship as Madden and the NFL...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject:

augus7 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nice! I thought 2K and the NBA have the same relationship as Madden and the NFL...

I honestly just thought EA was really bad and left the market. Anyone remember this absolute masterpiece in video game history?

KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

NBA2k has horribly bad gameplay. They really need to revamp it
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If you like football (I guess it's called soccer for you guys) you should try FIFA 17, specifically their "The Journey" counterpart to My Career. It's miles better in every way - story telling, the overall flow of the game. You don't get to name your character or make him an ugly ass version of yourself - you get a set name and face, which works surprisingly well and it doesn't feel odd or anything like that.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Nice to see them having fun. It would be sick if they made an in-depth documentary together about their careers on and off the court.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As a big Mass Effect guy, there was a lot more to the uproar than just graphics.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I despised the updates. 7GB updates!
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Where's the Cavs Shaq cover? Taht was his prime!
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
augus7 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I honestly just thought EA was really bad and left the market. Anyone remember this absolute masterpiece in video game history?

even though that youtube turned into a meme of its on. You do realize a lot of the stuff that's in 2k17 was borrowed from NBA ELITE. The manner in which you shoot/aim the ball with your shot stick. Nba elite had a few excellent ideas with horrible execution. There was some nice tech in their if you paid attention.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
augus7 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

maaaan I thought this was gone be the al jefferson one

but it wasn't....and i was not ready

Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
tox wrote:
augus7 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

maaaan I thought this was gone be the al jefferson one

but it wasn't....and i was not ready

Man, is Elite 11 really selling for its eBay price point of $3000+? I remember when I saw that game was on the shelf at gamestop
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I responded to the wrong post somehow

spoiler alert, its because i am a real life doofus
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

So that's what happened. I thought that I just became incredibly bad at the shot meter.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
MJST wrote:
22 wrote:
augus7 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

A NBA street game would never take 2k's fanbase away, it would be a niche game played by 2k fans for short spurts for fun.

The majority of 2K's fans/buyers do it for the MyPark experience, rewards and competitions. You take that away, you force 2K to have to change stuff.

Hence why I said "MyPark is one of the most popular aspects of NBA2K. If EA did a game like NBA STREET that was primarily based around that with a BETTER SYSTEM in place, they'd take more than half 2K's customers."

You create an NBA STREET game with a better system in place for the online competition and gameplan than 2K has with MyPark and you make 2K sweat. Considering an NBA STREET game with that kind of system would appeal to the fans that love/play the MyPark for their tournaments and stuff and will put up with all the glitches, mechanics, and gameplay problems because they don't have another option with those same kind of features that's a good game.

You give them that option with an NBA STREET game with a better online/gameplay/mechanics system in place than 2K and you'll get a lot of that fanbase.

If EA wanted to contend with 2K they aren't gonna do it with Live and the "Sim" field, but they CAN outdo them on the MyPARK level by looking at those grievances that a lot of fans have with MyPARK and improving upon it, thus giving an ACTUAL alternative to what 2K does and it will be more than a niche as MyPARK is one of the most popular things 2K has going for it right now. You put a dent in that customer base, you force 2K to have to change some stuff.

Megaton wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As a big Mass Effect guy, there was a lot more to the uproar than just graphics.

I'm sorry, my face was tired when I initially wrote that comment
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject:

Just pre-ordered 2K18. Played the NBA Live 18 demo on PS4 and although the graphics were cool there was something missing with regards to player movement and reactions.
I hope the 2K18 demo next week is Celtics vs Cavs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: