Better Call Saul - Season 3 - Returns April 10th! (Hidden "Spoiler" Inside)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I saw Aaron Paul on the Universal lot yesterday. I don't usually get excited by celebrity sightings at this point, but that one was definitely cool.

I might have said, what's up, bitch?

I was contemplating, "Magnets (bleep)" . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I saw Aaron Paul on the Universal lot yesterday. I don't usually get excited by celebrity sightings at this point, but that one was definitely cool.

Apparently that's his everyday life now. People just shouting "b*tch" to him wherever he goes. Kind of feel sorry for him actually seems like a nice guy from what I've heard.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Apparently that's his everyday life now. People just shouting "b*tch" to him wherever he goes. Kind of feel sorry for him actually seems like a nice guy from what I've heard.

I'm sure that's true unfortunately.

I'd never actually say anything like that, it's just fun to think about. I have a hard rule, I never approach anyone when I'm working on a lot. I figure they are there working and don't need that kind of imposition on their day. And when I work with anyone of any celebrity status, it's all business unless they open the door to anything otherwise.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Triumph wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I'm sure that's true unfortunately.

I'd never actually say anything like that, it's just fun to think about. I have a hard rule, I never approach anyone when I'm working on a lot. I figure they are there working and don't need that kind of imposition on their day. And when I work with anyone of any celebrity status, it's all business unless they open the door to anything otherwise.

Although you might be screaming inside... that's definitely the classy move.
I've seen folks interrupt people's meals and family time for a selfie or autograph. I just don't get it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

I ran into Bob Denver at The Pit (a jazz club on the Strip) Cicely Tyson at a Morehouse graduation, Martin Lawrence at Neiman Marcus and a Tyler Perry play at the Western Theater. People interrupted their personal time, I couldn't do it.

Only one I regretted not approaching was Cicely Tyson. I've always wondered why Bill Cosby is touted to be the first AA to star in a weekly series when I remember her staring with George C Scott on a weekly series called East Side Wide in the early 60's. I wanted to ask her about it but didn't.

Also ran into Boney James at a KJLH promotion. Got his autograph. Boney is the epitome of kool.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

the last couple of episodes have been awesome, now the Mike & the Los Pollos guy are in the mix...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Interesting episode. Bingo? Makes it seem as though Mike posing as a contractor and taking pictures was a plot.

I wonder what Mike found that would turn the tables? The original cassette? If so how will it make a difference.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject:

The reason it was vague in the report is that they can argue it wasnt destroyed, they took pictures to show stuff, maybe argue the other one was destroyed by accident or already faulty, also argue that since there are two that means they were expecting him. At least I'm expecting something like that but you never know with this writer

but the show really is going three different directions. It usually goes bad for shows that try to do that, but there's no going back now so we'll see what happens
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
The reason it was vague in the report is that they can argue it wasnt destroyed, they took pictures to show stuff, maybe argue the other one was destroyed by accident or already faulty, also argue that since there are two that means they were expecting him. At least I'm expecting something like that but you never know with this writer

but the show really is going three different directions. It usually goes bad for shows that try to do that, but there's no going back now so we'll see what happens

Remember that Chuck threatens "that tape will be heard" , so they are wrangling to have that tape excluded as evidence in for the BAR hearing. Kim's reaction to the line about "the rules of evidence are much looser than you are used to . . ." indicates that she already knows that and they have just positioned themselves to get the tape removed from the proceedings somehow.

Anyway, great episode. I love how it starts with Don Eladio's dive into the pool that mimics the way he falls into the pool when Gus poisons him in BB. They are really getting into the whole color toning theme that they did in breaking bad.

The scene where Hector comes to Los Pollos is amazing and we get us some Nacho. Looks like we are going to find out how Hector ends up in that wheel chair.

The scene where Mike comes to Chuck's house as the handyman was pure Mike gold. He expertly manipulates Chuck with the cordless drill so he can take the photos. And Jimmy's line to Mike about the Rule of Thirds got a chuckle from the photographer in me. It'll be interesting to see what those are about. Then having Mike reading the handyman magazine later was another great touch.

And here's a possible Easter Egg. If you listen carefully at the start of Act 1 when the DEA is going through the ice cream store, you can hear a guy say "Did he get out of the truck yet" and it sounds like it could be Hank . . . hmmmmm.

Gonna have to another pass on this one, because I am sure there are more eggs to find.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm too much of a BrBa and BCS Homer but another great job. The story was well told tonight as ussual. I think the title conductor would have been more fitting as it means something different for each of the three in the opening scene.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Another great episode. Why? Because of the return of Huell of course.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Skinny Huell was a wonderful sight. Top notch fun filled episode.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Another great episode. Why? Because of the return of Huell of course.

I'm really appreciating how much enjoyment one can get from the little details and various character introductions in a prequel.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Side note. Earlier tonight I was totally Chucking out. Running a commercial ozone generator on all the stuff in my garage to zap particles and evil spores. I seriously chuckled (no pun intended, well kinda) as I emptied an entire brand new roll of duct taped creating a vapor barrier and covering up any potential air gaps. I kicked everyone out of my house for the night so the ozone can be on full blast to destroy all of the toxic invisibles. I'm sleeping at my shop tonight.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I love Mckean so much...he just turned it to 11. That's an emmy.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

damn... this may be my favorite season. I'm pissed when each episode ends. The nostalgia of old characters reintroducing themselves, the brilliance of Jimmy, the internal struggle of Chuck... wonderful... and all without a Mike appearance. This show doesn't need Mike as a safety blanket.

I'm loving Jimmy's progression by the way. With each defeat, he hardens and has to show his teeth to protect himself, so you see him slowly allowing himself to become Sal. It's like the better version of Anakin becoming Darth Vader.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Masterful story telling.

Interesting that Aaron Paul is on the lot. He'd be an amazing addition. But not sure how they would execute it. Breaking Bad didn't imply Jesse and Saul had a history (to the best of my memory).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Jimmy threw Chuck a curve ball and me too. I was looking for the tape to be the foundation of Jimmy's defense, NOT. He got it played to prove Chuck hated him though he said different. He also debunked his illness. I didn't see that coming. I thought Chuck really suffered with EHS.

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject:

Best episode of the series ! Though to be fair a lot of episodes were needed to build up to this.

I love tv episodes and movies where almost the entire thing takes place in one room and it's just one big discussion

Can't wait to find out what happens next
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Jimmy threw Chuck a curve ball and me too. I was looking for the tape to be the foundation of Jimmy's defense, NOT. He got it played to prove Chuck hated him though he said different. He also debunked his illness. I didn't see that coming. I thought Chuck really suffered with EHS.

Well...he does. But all the evidence points to it being psychological, and not a physical illness. That isn't to say that it's "fake," or that he isn't suffering from it. To someone who hears voices in his head, for example, the voices are real, even if those voices don't exist in objective reality. People with EHS experience real symptoms, but it's a software problem, not a hardware problem.

The show already established this for Chuck when he was hospitalized and the doctor surreptitiously turned on some bedside equipment, and Chuck didn't notice. In fact, Jimmy was there (and objected at the time), so that incident could have been where Jimmy got the idea.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Yup. When it became clear Jimmy was going to use Huell, I was expecting Chuck or Howard to have the tape on them and Huell would lift it.

The writers set that up beautifully for weeks with Kim trying to suppress the tape as evidence and the scenes earlier between Chuck and Howard discussing possible strategies Jimmy might use to debunk the authenticity of the recording. Then Jimmy throws his curve by admitting outright that it was his voice.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yup. When it became clear Jimmy was going to use Huell, I was expecting Chuck or Howard to have the tape on them and Huell would lift it.

The writers set that up beautifully for weeks with Kim trying to suppress the tape as evidence and the scenes earlier between Chuck and Howard discussing possible strategies Jimmy might use to debunk the authenticity of the recording. Then Jimmy throws his curve by admitting outright that it was his voice.

Thanks for the Huell jog. I'd forgotten about him. IIRC he was a bodyguard, pickpocket in BB. Looks like he lost a few pounds. It's genius how the writers are bringing BB characters to BCS.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 09, 2017 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks for the Huell jog. I'd forgotten about him. IIRC he was a bodyguard, pickpocket in BB. Looks like he lost a few pounds.

Damn homeboy, how the heck you forget 'bout Huell?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks for the Huell jog. I'd forgotten about him. IIRC he was a bodyguard, pickpocket in BB. Looks like he lost a few pounds.

Damn homeboy, how the heck you forget 'bout Huell?

How could I forget about Huell? Hell, I forgot what I had for breakfast this morning.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 09, 2017 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's genius how the writers are bringing BB characters to BCS.

It's funny seeing the receptionist, Francesca. She's so positive and enthusiastic compared to when we see her as the disgruntled employee of Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad whom he lovingly referred to as "H.T.".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18
Jump to: