Kobe helping the Celtics?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

not our fault idiot FO was more enamored with getting melo instead of IT who was begging us
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

the institution wrote:
The law of Lakersground: any thread, if it goes on long enough, will circle back to discrediting LeBron out of insecurity

Kind of how your own insecurities lead you to create an account and come to a Lakers board to whiteknight LeBron?
Daloyalfan16
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
the institution wrote:
The law of Lakersground: any thread, if it goes on long enough, will circle back to discrediting LeBron out of insecurity

Kind of how your own insecurities lead you to create an account and come to a Lakers board to whiteknight LeBron?

The institution sounds a lot like "the association" lol.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe helping the Celtics?

Buck32 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19304461/boston-celtics-guard-isaiah-thomas-enlisted-help-former-los-angeles-lakers-star-kobe-bryant

Its nice of him to help IT after his sister passed but he is helping the Celtics get some playoff wins. It probably wont matter anyway with The Cavs and GSW being favorites. But what if miracles happen and kobe helps the Celtics win a ring.

I doubt too many NBA players care about these kind of historic franchise rivalries; that's more of a fan thing.

Jerry West did, he really hated the Celtics.

Today's generation is much different than West's generation.
MorrissYe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject:

Even despite being a Celtic, and without even having to consider the timing of his sister's tragic passing, IT is just one of the few guys in the league who's hard to hate.

Obviously doesn't hurt that IT is an outspoken Kobe fanboy, a Lakers fan growing up, and has a style of play that very much resembles our very own Black Mamba - the same style that ESPN and their ilk likes to take (bleep) on because of their obsession with the efficiency. I can see why Kobe has taken a liking to him.

Look at it from another perspective: Boston's franchise player has called Kobe the GOAT, wears his shoes and talks about Mamba Mentality, while he watches film with him. Are their fans up in arms about Kobe potentially whispering into IT's ears about him coming home to wear purp and gold?

All in all, I think it's a non issue.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject:

still cant get over the fact that lakers wouldnt even give thomas a second thought when he was begging to come here
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
augus7 wrote:
I've always liked CJ McCollum --

Also, Amin still hating on Kobe even after retirement.

LOL that prick Elhassan claiming Kobe "is forcing himslef" on everybody. what the heck?!

Amin has always been a hater. (bleep) him.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
15 wrote:
What's the connection with Isiah Thomas and Lakers? We had a chance to sign him?

When IT was a free agent in 2014, he really wanted to sign with the Lakers. We instead waved him off because we were so stuck on trying to sign Melo and save every penny for Melo's max.

SMDH...

Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
augus7 wrote:
I've always liked CJ McCollum --

Also, Amin still hating on Kobe even after retirement.

LOL that prick Elhassan claiming Kobe "is forcing himslef" on everybody. what the heck?!

Amin has always been a hater. (bleep) him.

Whether it's TV or radio, I immediately change the channel when I see/hear this dirtbag. Don't even care if he's talking Lakers/Kobe or not. This guy must've been whipped with a Lakers belt as a child or something.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

the league needs more "great" players who step into the moment. Kobe showing IT those extra little things on film will allow him to see more on the floor. I think this is the ultimate in "giving back" to the game by Kobe.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

MorrissYe wrote:
Even despite being a Celtic, and without even having to consider the timing of his sister's tragic passing, IT is just one of the few guys in the league who's hard to hate.

Obviously doesn't hurt that IT is an outspoken Kobe fanboy, a Lakers fan growing up, and has a style of play that very much resembles our very own Black Mamba - the same style that ESPN and their ilk likes to take (bleep) on because of their obsession with the efficiency. I can see why Kobe has taken a liking to him.

Look at it from another perspective: Boston's franchise player has called Kobe the GOAT, wears his shoes and talks about Mamba Mentality, while he watches film with him. Are their fans up in arms about Kobe potentially whispering into IT's ears about him coming home to wear purp and gold?

yea. he is very hard to dislike at this point.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
MorrissYe wrote:

yea. he is very hard to dislike at this point.

I've been trying to hate IT so much but he's a 5'9 PG who's been proving everyone wrong at every point of his life, he's a complete warrior on and off the court and he's a cool ass dude.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

Screw Kobe. Of all the guards in the league, he has to go help the one from the enemy team. This is betrayal and I feel like a slap in the face. He's made his money and got his fame so he doesn't care about anything anymore. I hope he doesn't get a statue here.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

since this story came out havent they lost 2? so is Kobe really helping ?? hmmmmm
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

Not that it matters because I'm sure they'd be able to afford it, but do you think Kobe charges anything to teach these guys?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: