Another reminder of why I hate the Celtics

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Another reminder of why I hate the Celtics

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/2008-celtics-reunite-detail-sour-032856329.html

These clowns came on TNT last night to trash Ray Allen, and they all basically sounded like scorned ex-girlfriends, especially Paul Pierce. The only one who stayed quiet, surprisingly, was Rondo. That whole segment was embarrassing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Chances Ray Allen apologizes?
He's got a new friend in Lebron......
I don't think he's losing much sleep over this.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Why is Pierce wearing sunglasses indoors?...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject:

I understand them being upset over the situation, i do find it odd that Ray Allen hasn't reached out to any of them, but Ray Allen has always kinda seemed a bit like a jerk to me. That being said for all i know he is the nicest guy in the world, hopefully these guys can squash it and let it go.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

Sure, they should talk about it. But WITH Ray and in private, not on some TV show without him. What is this, Ricki Lake?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Cuz He's high. Dude blazes on the reg.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Cuz He's high. Dude blazes on the reg.

That's probably his only redeeming quality.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

I had the mute button fully engaged during that whole mess so I missed how they handled the Ray Allen topic. Sounds like they handled it poorly as one might expect.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

Why was Pierce on a wheel chair? Was it a joke because of all the jokes he gets about Game 1 of the 2008 finals? I'm curious what the real reason is.

Thanks
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
I understand them being upset over the situation, i do find it odd that Ray Allen hasn't reached out to any of them, but Ray Allen has always kinda seemed a bit like a jerk to me. That being said for all i know he is the nicest guy in the world, hopefully these guys can squash it and let it go.

Why does he have to reach out to them? They are all grown ass men. Ray probably moved on, they look like scorned women out there.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Pierce was on a wheelchair.

Even "rings-touch" was there by vid. Or should I say ring singular.

Rondo is my favorite one of them. Maybe Perk after.

Big Baby was quiet for the Doc part. He ripped on Rivers some time ago as being overrated. Then there he ripped on CP3 compared to Rondo. Players don't want to run through a wall for CP3 like Rondo. Probably right on all counts, though Big Baby is a big baby.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Why does he have to reach out to them? They are all grown ass men. Ray probably moved on, they look like scorned women out there.

Maybe they thought that is what a friend would do?

On another note, Pierce had to be blazed during that segment
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

A big (bleep) you goes out to all these muthaphuckkas. These fools all have cheap rings and they know it. As Celtics, these people are more than hated. I don't give a (bleep) about these (bleep).
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

He doesn't have to, he has the choice to do so or not. He was the one that left with with a lack communication, so it seems like he should be the one to apologize for it or at least explain his side of things.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Pierce was on a wheelchair.

Even "rings-touch" was there by vid. Or should I say ring singular.

Rondo is my favorite one of them. Maybe Perk after.

Big Baby was quiet for the Doc part. He ripped on Rivers some time ago as being overrated. Then there he ripped on CP3 compared to Rondo. Players don't want to run through a wall for CP3 like Rondo. Probably right on all counts, though Big Baby is a big baby.

They'll always remain dirty Celtics to me....LOL @ them playing for the Clippers....didn't fool anybody.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Ray Allen declines questions about exit from Boston Celtics, discusses Dwyane Wade's future = class act!

Quote:
Legendary shooting guard Ray Allen has been in the news this week, mostly for reasons beyond his control.

Several members of the 2008 Boston Celtics championship team held a reunion earlier this week on TNT's Area 21, and Allen was notable for his absence. As the former Celtics explained, they took issue with Allen's departure via free agency for Miami in the summer of 2012.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/11/ray-allen-talks-dwyane-wade-future-declines-comment-boston-celtics

* PS: BUCK FOSTON!!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Ray Allen thinks about the Celtics like most Laker fans....they're dead to us....
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject:

That 2008 team was full of pricks. No way in hell that team wins the championship without Ray Allen. They should be kissing his ass rather than being petty losers, acting like they would've beaten Miami with Allen.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject:

One championship in the last 25+ years.
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

Most of these guys are well-documented jerks especially KG and Rondo, who I'm sure are also amazing at keeping up with ex-teammates.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Another reminder of why I hate the Celtics

Ted wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/2008-celtics-reunite-detail-sour-032856329.html

These clowns came on TNT last night to trash Ray Allen, and they all basically sounded like scorned ex-girlfriends, especially Paul Pierce. The only one who stayed quiet, surprisingly, was Rondo. That whole segment was embarrassing.

That show is unwatchable. And "Reunion Tour"? Were they some kind of generational team? These guys were 1 and done. The Pistons held more time at the top of the East than these dudes.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject:

What is it about Boston that makes their athletes such insufferable pricks, whether it's the Celtics or Patriots? Garnett and Allen weren't that hateable before they came to the Celtics.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject:

vkewalra wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Most of these guys are well-documented jerks especially KG and Rondo, who I'm sure are also amazing at keeping up with ex-teammates.

KG has never seemed like a jerk to me, he might be dirty on the court and trash talk with the best of them, but he's never seemed like a jerk to me. Boston had a good thing going back then and had a great group of players, i'm sure it was weird and a bit hurtful for a guy that you think of as a brother and a friend, to just dip out on you like that.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Why was Pierce on a wheel chair? Was it a joke because of all the jokes he gets about Game 1 of the 2008 finals? I'm curious what the real reason is.

Thanks

it has to be. i can't believe hes sitting in a wheelchair. that is crazy.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/09/10/paul-pierce-says-its-time-to-bury-the-hatchet-with-ray-allen/

Quote:
Paul Pierce says it’s time to bury the hatchet with Ray Allen

Celtics players and fans viewed Ray Allen as a traitor when he bolted a Boston team that had just gone seven games with LeBron James and Miami in the Eastern Conference Finals, and he signed on with the Heat. There was some serious bad blood between Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and those Celtics players and Allen, with the remaining Celtics thinking they had something special and Allen treated it like a business. Of course, Allen went on to hit maybe the biggest shot in Heat history to force overtime in Game 6 and eventually beat the Spurs in the Finals, earning himself another ring.

Pierce posted a picture of himself with Allen on Instagram and said that it’s time to move on.

I’m not sure everyone in Boston feels that way, or if KG does, but Pierce has come to the end of his NBA career and is not going to sweat the small stuff anymore. Pierce doesn’t have that 2008 ring without Allen, and as he said #onceacelticalwaysaceltic.

Meaning you can bet Allen is at the Pierce jersey retirement ceremony in Boston in February.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: