Lakers-Celtics 30 for 30 (Chick Hearn game calls wanted)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

I'm really excited for this 30 for 30.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

ESPN fired 100 people so they can make room for 1 NPZ.

NPZ is one of humanity's greatest assests.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
I'm really excited for this 30 for 30.

Same here. Should be epic
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject:

I can't find the article but I remember some years ago the NBA partnering up with another entity for an archival project in which they were going to take all the film from their archives and uprez/scan it to HD.

Not sure what the status with that is, but I've definitely noticed the NBA slowly releasing more and more old highlights and footage in better quality through their youtube channel and such, so hopefully in the near future we'll get way more of that sort of stuff.

There's enthusiasts on youtube with amazing game-footage from the 60s and 70s, so I can only imagine what the NBA has collecting dust in its vaults.

I really miss the media produced during the 80s and 90s eras of the NBA. Those NBA Entertainment championship videos with the epic music and the dramatic narration. Those VHS tapes which focused on a single player (Magic Johnson: Always Showtime, Larry Bird: A Basketball Legend). Hell, even guys like Shawn Kemp got their own VHS.

I really wish they would go back to making things like that, because there are so many epic players and series from the 2000s onward that would be amazing to relive in that way.
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
I can't find the article but I remember some years ago the NBA partnering up with another entity for an archival project in which they were going to take all the film from their archives and uprez/scan it to HD.

Not sure what the status with that is, but I've definitely noticed the NBA slowly releasing more and more old highlights and footage in better quality through their youtube channel and such, so hopefully in the near future we'll get way more of that sort of stuff.

There's enthusiasts on youtube with amazing game-footage from the 60s and 70s, so I can only imagine what the NBA has collecting dust in its vaults.

I really miss the media produced during the 80s and 90s eras of the NBA. Those NBA Entertainment championship videos with the epic music and the dramatic narration. Those VHS tapes which focused on a single player (Magic Johnson: Always Showtime, Larry Bird: A Basketball Legend). Hell, even guys like Shawn Kemp got their own VHS.

I really wish they would go back to making things like that, because there are so many epic players and series from the 2000s onward that would be amazing to relive in that way.

Yes, I will use this opportunity for a shameless plug, but only because I, too, was obsessed with those videos, plus this story includes quotes from NPZ!

http://bit.ly/2poaTkE
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Yes, I will use this opportunity for a shameless plug, but only because I, too, was obsessed with those videos, plus this story includes quotes from NPZ!

http://bit.ly/2poaTkE

Wow. Great stuff. That made me very nostalgic
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: