OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
I do think if the Lakers draft Lonzo and make a jump, he will undeservedly get most of the credit when it would be more due to the development curve of the other young guys. I'd be OK with it though.

yea.. that sucks, imo. They're giving him the 'pure PG, makes his teammates better' narrative, so at least Dlo and Ingram will get credit for the scoring they'll do?

I wanna ingest a copious amount of articles about how these guys will fit. Need Lakerfilmroom to feed me, do it Fiendi
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

Charlamagne Tha God @cthagod
I hope Lonzo Ball goes to the Lakers and becomes a superstar so I can wear my Big Baller Brand slides proudly with a pedicure and no socks.

That's right

lol Charlamagne man
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Source says Lonzo Ball uncertain on non-Lakers workouts......

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19399909/lonzo-ball-sure-work-teams-other-los-angeles-lakers

It would be stupid of them unless the Lakers have given them a guarantee that they don't pass #2. But you're dealing with Lavar, a man who wills and speaks things into existence, so even without that guarantee, I think he'll hold Lonzo out.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
LaVar Ball: Lonzo's only working out with the Lakers

@RyanWardLA
EXCLUSIVE: @Lavarbigballer: Lonzo Ball ‘only working out’ for the #Lakers, playoff drought ends with son in L.A.
http://www.lakersnation.com/lavar-ball-lonzo-ball-only-working-out-for-lakers-nba-draft-playoff-drought-ends-with-son-in-la/2017/05/16/

From LaVar himself.

how far does Ball fall in the draft if the Lakers don't take him second?

Philly would gladly take him to pair with Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid and then laugh at us.

Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19399909/lonzo-ball-sure-work-teams-other-los-angeles-lakers

It would be stupid of them unless the Lakers have given them a guarantee that they don't pass #2. But you're dealing with Lavar, a man who wills and speaks things into existence, so even without that guarantee, I think he'll hold Lonzo out.

There is no "other source" in the Ball camp than Lonzo and his father. That's why ESPN's "sources" were quickly debunked by LaVar himself who told Ryan Ward that Lonzo indeed would only work out for the Lakers.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

So MJST you a Lonzo guy? bigtime or what? Think he's guna be great?
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

Yo! Zo, D'Lo and Brando is gonna be a very nice trio!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

yeah, but mainly because I see Lonzo as an off ball 2 in Luke's offense and think he fits PERFECTLY into what Luke is trying to run and I think our style would maximize him at this level.

I consider his talent, athleticism, work ethic, mentality, AND the style of the team he'd be going to, all those things align in a way that would make me feel he could maximize his talent more here than any other place.

That said, I think Fultz is best maximized as a scoring 2 in his own right and felt he'd fit here.

But I look at what Lonzo does, and everything about his style just fits so perfectly into what Luke would ask the 2 to do in this offense it's as if he's as custom made for us as Pau was for the triangle when he first got here.

Whether or not he'll be great will always depend on him.

But the pieces are definitely all there. Athleticism, high work ethic, good kid, team style that fits PERFECT to his own, and open role at the 2 just waiting for him.

So all the pieces are there for him to be great, it's just seeing if it now all falls into place.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

yeah, but mainly because I see Lonzo as an off ball 2 in Luke's offense and think he fits PERFECTLY into what Luke is trying to run and I think our style would maximize him at this level.

I consider his talent, athleticism, work ethic, mentality, AND the style of the team he'd be going to, all those things align in a way that would make me feel he could maximize his talent more here than any other place.

That said, I think Fultz is best maximized as a scoring 2 in his own right and felt he'd fit here.

But I look at what Lonzo does, and everything about his style just fits so perfectly into what Luke would ask the 2 to do in this offense it's as if he's as custom made for us as Pau was for the triangle when he first got here.

But the pieces are definitely all there. Athleticism, high work ethic, good kid, team style that fits PERFECT to his own, and open role at the 2 just waiting for him.

So all the pieces are there for him to be great, it's just seeing if it now all falls into place.

Ya I completely agree. I love Lonzo as one of our dual initiators , and a lot of times in the SG role. I haven't really thought of his ceiling though.. Idk I feel like he's a player you have to watch full games of, not highlights - to get a clear picture of his impact. Haven't done that. But off of hearsay, his passing is special and will be great for us. Think he's an underrated athlete a bit, not PG quick , needs to improve bend and strength in them skinny legs - but he could be a good slasher going forward
Running him off pindowns for 3s, I guess that too (and he can pass coming off them). Makes us versatile
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject:

I hope we be Lonzo. Fits in perfectly here in Luke's system. Moreso, the Lakers will be again one of the most hated team if we have Lavar yapping his mouth. The Lakers thrive on drama.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Maybe too early. Ainge is kind of unpredictable in the draft.

Agree. If they don't trade #1, I can see Ainge drafting Jackson: SF with great defense, he loves it!

They already have Jaylen Brown. Same kind of player. JJ is a reach at 1. Ainge would trade down if he wants JJ. They also need to replace IT whos due for contract extension. He not a max guy and too much of a defensive liability to take them beyond where they are. I think they see Fultz as a better version of IT.

JJ is a waaaaaaaaaaaay better prospect than Jaylen Brown afaik. But I agree they'll pick Fultz as they should.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Maybe too early. Ainge is kind of unpredictable in the draft.

Agree. If they don't trade #1, I can see Ainge drafting Jackson: SF with great defense, he loves it!

They already have Jaylen Brown. Same kind of player. JJ is a reach at 1. Ainge would trade down if he wants JJ. They also need to replace IT whos due for contract extension. He not a max guy and too much of a defensive liability to take them beyond where they are. I think they see Fultz as a better version of IT.

JJ is a waaaaaaaaaaaay better prospect than Jaylen Brown afaik. But I agree they'll pick Fultz as they should.

It's funny, Stevens might be able to mold Brown into pretty much what JJ is. Brown has a really underrated but inconsistent handle - could improve to JJ's level. Brown is a similar athlete - could improve to JJ's level of defense with GREAT coaching, maybe. Both IMO will struggle shooting.....
Coming out of college though, yes JJ is a better prospect in all facets ( although ball handling is kind of close)
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

Towns did the same thing iirc.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Ya I completely agree. I love Lonzo as one of our dual initiators , and a lot of times in the SG role. I haven't really thought of his ceiling though.. Idk I feel like he's a player you have to watch full games of, not highlights - to get a clear picture of his impact. Haven't done that. But off of hearsay, his passing is special and will be great for us. Think he's an underrated athlete a bit, not PG quick , needs to improve bend and strength in them skinny legs - but he could be a good slasher going forward
Running him off pindowns for 3s, I guess that too (and he can pass coming off them). Makes us versatile

Not only that, but also having a second capable passer such as him in the starting lineup also opens up something else.

Know all those times Russell had to start a post up on a smaller guard from the top of the key cause you couldn't really depend on Nick Young to make the passes?

Well... with Lonzo.. that's no longer an issue, Russell could give him the ball and go post up a smaller guard, knowing that the pass is either gonna come to him or somewhere else that would be a good play regardless.

All around it just helps our team run even more efficiently on the offensive end.
JrR31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject:

Lonzo is a special player meng if we don't get him it's going to be a curse of the number 2 pick. I mean we keep getting seconds instead of the cream of the crop. Simmons is special, we ended up getting Ingram he is all right put nothing flashy. Lonzo looks like a showtime kind of player. Markelle is kind of boring to watch. I mean I guess the second pick curse strikes again.Hope we get Lonzo..

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject:

Friendly reminder

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Friendly reminder

His highlights are CRACK
LoyalLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject:

I feel like he's exactly what we need. Another play maker to help D'Angelo out, and a guy who knows how to find others in the right spots and in rhythm.

If that shot can translate to the Nba, to have a guy with his size/playmaking at the PG will be a big plus.

Imagine running a line up with him, D'Angelo, Ingram, Nance, Zubac where every one of them can potentially spread the floor and run.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject:

I am actually most excited about how the Lonzo-Nance connection might look. We might finally get a guard who likes to throw lobs! JC and DLO don't set up lobs all that often.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject:

That's the ugliest jumpshot i've ever seen. but it goes in ?
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
We had a Lavar Ball thread, so why not?
Regarding his shot, as my art history teacher used to say: If it ain't Baroque, then don't fix it.

That quote be straight up ripped from beauty and the beast, fam
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
We had a Lavar Ball thread, so why not?
Regarding his shot, as my art history teacher used to say: If it ain't Baroque, then don't fix it.

Oh no you didn't!
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject:

While I get a negative vibe about how Ball will adapt to the NBA and I really hate Lavar..I would still take Ball over Jackson. He has a greater potential both in a positive and negative way...but you should go all in.
He is a great fit with Russell Ingram and Nance. Even Zubac... The only player on the roster that is not a fit next to him is Randle.(Clarkson will come of the bench so it does not matter). Not sure what you can get for Randle straight upif we decide to go on this road..
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

Gee I wonder if that source is Lavar...

** FYI:
Quote:
Ryen Russillo: Just talked w/ NBA agent. “If LaVarr tries to pull that s*it w/ Magic, Los Angeles will turn on him.” 39 mins ago – via Twitter ryenarussillo
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers source says they will look at dozens of players with the second and 28th picks. The players under the strongest consideration at No. 2 right now are Markelle Fultz, Ball, DeAron Fox, Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum. 9 hours ago – via ESPN
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject:

I'll be curious to see his pick and roll game. Also, interested to see what type of defender he is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 3 of 1688
Jump to: