A trade idea

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: A trade idea

At this point, Randle just does not seem to be a good fit for us, so what do we do? What kind of value does he hold as a trade chip? Just pure speculation here but if the aim were to find a better fitting PF, and say a trade for him came along with a chance to move up from #28 pick to draft someone like TJ Leaf would you do it?
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject:

Agree with you. Randle, brewer, deng/moz and the 28 can be moved for something. But what and how?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

i generally feel like laker fans would put up randle first in a trade.

don't really understand as he's a walking double/double as a rookie, big enough for pf/c and fast enough for sf.

he's the most realized and flexible rookie we have, the rest are stilll technically pipe-dreams.

But can't disagree, will always cringe when i hear the name eddiejones or caron but can't complain about the results afterwards.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject:

monster_montego wrote:
Agree with you. Randle, brewer, deng/moz and the 28 can be moved for something. But what and how?

This would prob get you something like a Melo

Randle + 28th > Melo (age, potential, rebound) but you get rid of Mozdeng

worth it?
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: A trade idea

andrewc wrote:
At this point, Randle just does not seem to be a good fit for us, so what do we do? What kind of value does he hold as a trade chip? Just pure speculation here but if the aim were to find a better fitting PF, and say a trade for him came along with a chance to move up from #28 pick to draft someone like TJ Leaf would you do it?
We need Randle.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject:

You would give up a #7 Pick + #28 for a #20 Pick?

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

Randle is about to have a breakout season. I really hope they dont trade him
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

Would Chicago be willing to trade #16 for Randle? The Lakers could address a real need or two if they could land one of Allen, Anigbogu, or Patton for the price of Randle.

But the team would be set back another 1-2 years waiting for a raw center to develop.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Yeah it's basically his contract yr I think he'll have a big year. Plus, he loves being here and wants to be laker longtime. But most importantly, magic seems to love him so I doubt he gets traded.

I like what magic said about waiting for 2018 FA class. Gives some hope that they won't rush into anything just to make a splash.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:

That may be the feeling from the fans, but I get the sense the guy most likely to be dealt if they make a big trade is DLO.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

Randle and Moz for Lopez and a switch of 1st rd picks (22 vs 28).
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: A trade idea

andrewc wrote:
At this point, Randle just does not seem to be a good fit for us

I very much doubt that sentiment is shared by Laker management.
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:

That may be the feeling from the fans, but I get the sense the guy most likely to be dealt if they make a big trade is DLO.

There's no good reason to believe they're going to make any significant trades, and there's no rational reason to believe they're going to trade a guy who scored 39 points as a 19 year old rookie and 40 points this year in an offense that doesn't encourage him (or any player) to score a lot.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
monster_montego wrote:

This would prob get you something like a Melo

Randle + 28th > Melo (age, potential, rebound) but you get rid of Mozdeng

worth it?

Probably not. I like the idea of getting rid of one of the Mozdengs, but Randle is a major Chip in trying to get PG13. Now if George doesn't accept our offer and stays in Indy or goes to Boston, then I'd support this.

Reality is though that if George doesn't come, Melo is too old to help us when our young guys hit their prime...may be best off just to wait out the mozdeng situation for a while and stretch them when the timing is a bit better instead of trading assets to dump them now when the room isn't really needed.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

I think Randle will be shopped in this draft.

He's a good player and will have value. I agree that if he is shopped the lakers will be looking for a 3 point shooting 4 like a leaf or markennan

I'm assuming we are taking Ball so while I appreciate Randles ability to push the ball on the break, I think adding Ball to D lo and Ingram that makes that commodity a little less valuable than say outside shooting

As others noted time and time again, one of the reasons Ball was successful is he was surrounded by shooters so it makes sense the lakers will look to build a team that maximizes Balls talent, because his type of talent improves the overall team when it's put in the right environment. D lo already fits that mold really, really well. BI shot from 3 has been up and down, but it still seems he will develop into a capable 3 pt shooter who brings all around skill. A knock down shooter at 4 would be huge for those three guys
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Yeah it's basically his contract yr I think he'll have a big year. Plus, he loves being here and wants to be laker longtime. But most importantly, magic seems to love him so I doubt he gets traded.

I like what magic said about waiting for 2018 FA class. Gives some hope that they won't rush into anything just to make a splash.

Also, Randle only had 2 real years playing due to his rookie injury. Don't people usually say to wait 3 years before deciding?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:

I feel the same way. I would guess Russell is the guy they most want to get rid of. They seem to be having a hard time dealing with his personality.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

There use to be a time where if you had a double double guy, you wouldn't want to get rid of him, because they were hard to find... Now there are more of those type of players in the league that you can get for cheap.

I somewhat agree with the OP but not totally, simply because I'd rather have Randle on the team, then to want or need a player like him on the team. Black and Robinson are somewhat similar in their style of play so we do have some redundancy there.

The problem is simply, Randle won't net us a huge return, so why trade him?
We can use players with big salaries to get either younger or an established vet who's more of a role player than a superstar.
Only our lottery selection and one or more of our young guys will bring back a bonafide Superstar.

I guarantee if we had a player like Paul George, Randle would be much more valuable, if he wasn't a go-to guy and more of a role player.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:

I would trade Randle + Mozgov + 28th pick for Brook Lopez.... This gives us cap space for 2018 by getting rid of Mozgov
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I think Randle will be shopped in this draft.

He's a good player and will have value. I agree that if he is shopped the lakers will be looking for a 3 point shooting 4 like a leaf or markennan

I'm assuming we are taking Ball so while I appreciate Randles ability to push the ball on the break, I think adding Ball to D lo and Ingram that makes that commodity a little less valuable than say outside shooting

As others noted time and time again, one of the reasons Ball was successful is he was surrounded by shooters so it makes sense the lakers will look to build a team that maximizes Balls talent, because his type of talent improves the overall team when it's put in the right environment. D lo already fits that mold really, really well. BI shot from 3 has been up and down, but it still seems he will develop into a capable 3 pt shooter who brings all around skill. A knock down shooter at 4 would be huge for those three guys

I dont see why we trade Randle for a pick unless its top 5. With his jumper getting better every year he has become an asset to this team. The guy is pretty good
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

I dont see why we trade Randle for a pick unless its top 5. With his jumper getting better every year he has become an asset to this team. The guy is pretty good

this
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

this
Seems like fans are split whether Randle should be part of the future. My preference is to trade him. He is great on offense but he is severely limited on the defensive side. We need our bigs to be able to protect the basket because our guards are already weak on defense. Also, he becomes a free agent in 2018 so is management committed to paying him instead of other potential free agents (George, Cousins, Westbrook)?

I'm not a fan of Brook Lopez because he is limited on defense.

A possible Lakers-Kings trade is Randle, Deng, #28 pick for Afflalo, Tolliver, #10 Pick. Lakers dump Deng's Salary and get expiring contracts in return. Kings get a young double double player and a veteran mentor.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Only way I trade Randle is if Moz is included...period...!
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Can LMA be had for Moz and Randle?

Then D'LO, Deng, and 28 for Butler

Zo/Fultz
Butler
Ingram
LMA
Zubac

still room for PG13 or Boogie in 2018???
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: