Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 605, 606, 607 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Clarkson as backup 2 now hopefully or backup 1.

Both. He will be the first guard off the bench. When he's on, he should play more, when he's off, just sit and see what can Nwaba do.. We still need a 3rd stringer in case of injuries.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Not even a game played yet and Lonzo is already making players around him better. Ahhhhhhhhh hahahah
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

With Ball coming, and assuming DLO stays, that's a given.
choop145
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject:

A lot of talking heads are talking Bostons #1 for Jimmy Butler. Do you think its it possible to get Jimmy for #2 and Clarkson with his friendly contract? Or am i overvaluing our assets?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

If I was Luke, and they did in fact draft Ball, I would go to a three guard rotation, staggering DLO, Ball, and Clarkson....with a 4th Guard used sparingly. That is one of the highest potential young backcourts in the league, and I do not want another 5 guard rotation. DLo and Ball could average 33-35 minutes while JC got about 30 minutes. All three can play lead guard and off ball.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

If I was Luke, and they did in fact draft Ball, I would go to a three guard rotation, staggering DLO, Ball, and Clarkson....with a 4th Guard used sparingly. That is one of the highest potential young backcourts in the league, and I do not want another 5 guard rotation. DLo and Ball could average 33-35 minutes while JC got about 30 minutes. All three can play lead guard and off ball.

I would look for a defensive guard. None of those 3 are noted defenders.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

then they need to become that....or trade one of them....this playing 4 and 5 guards too often kills rythm and routine.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

then they need to become that....or trade one of them....this playing 4 and 5 guards too often kills rythm and routine.

I would stagger DLO/Ball to be the lead guards after the first rotation. I would like for the Lakers to find a 3/D guard somehow (I know they're rare).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I would stagger DLO/Ball to be the lead guards after the first rotation. I would like for the Lakers to find a 3/D guard somehow (I know they're rare).

maybe Nwaba learned to shoot this summer
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Would be nice, but don't count on it.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Would be nice, but don't count on it.

Justin Holiday on a 1 year deal would be perfect.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Justin Holiday on a 1 year deal would be perfect.

Yes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson putting in work

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/865283232291446785
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

If we get Ball, JC is most likely the odd man out. He's going to be 26, has improved little since entering the league, and doesn't do anything of value except drive to the basket (and maybe midrange game).

Either JC or Randle have to go by the end of the season - Randle is up for an extension, and JC is eating $10 million while we'd have a glut of guards.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
If we get Ball, JC is most likely the odd man out. He's going to be 26, has improved little since entering the league, and doesn't do anything of value except drive to the basket (and maybe midrange game).

Either JC or Randle have to go by the end of the season - Randle is up for an extension, and JC is eating $10 million while we'd have a glut of guards.

I doubt the FO is as afraid to spend as fans seen to be.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

Remember the Paul George sweepstakes? How are you going to have enough room to sign him when you are paying Deng, Mozgov, JC, and then Julius?

They're trying to stock up enough cap space to sign him. You don't do that by re-signing and keeping JC. We've had 3+ years to evaluate them (2 years of playing for JR).

You can't spend all of your time in resource-building mode. You need to sooner or later use your resources to shape your roster.

Last edited by misterrunon on Sat May 20, 2017 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

The FO also knows they can create cap space without losing much of the limited talent we have.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The FO also knows they can create cap space without losing much of the limited talent we have.

Um, how? How are you going to get rid of Mozgov and Deng without giving up assets? How is that all going to work if you extend Julius and keep JC?

Our problem (albeit a good one) is that we have too many assets enough right now, and not enough room. This team doesn't need a person with JC's skillset - he's not versatile at all and plays best with the ball in his hands.

Last edited by misterrunon on Sat May 20, 2017 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

JC gives us a good 3 guard rotation, brings to the table things neither Ball or Russell can do like attack the basket and is on a fair deal.

I think all our players are tradable for the right deal, but I don't see him as the odd man out if we draft another guard.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

JC gives us a good 3 guard rotation, brings to the table things neither Ball or Russell can do like attack the basket and is on a fair deal.

I think all our players are tradable for the right deal, but I don't see him as the odd man out if we draft another guard.

That's the only thing he does well. Can't defend, can't shoot, can't facilitate.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Um, how? How are you going to get rid of Mozgov and Deng without giving up assets? How is that all going to work if you extend Julius and keep JC?

Our problem (albeit a good one) is that we have too many assets enough right now, and not enough room. This team doesn't need a person with JC's skillset - he's not versatile at all and plays best with the ball in his hands.

Stretch Deng. You sign PG before signing Randle. And we do not have too many assets, we need more.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

That's the only thing he does well. Can't defend, can't shoot, can't facilitate.

JC .526 TS%
Dlo .518 TS%
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Stretch Deng. You sign PG before signing Randle. And we do not have too many assets, we need more.

There's a reason why most teams dont' end up stretching players. If you do that, you'll hurt your cap space for what is it, 4 years?

Grabbing a bunch of random talent and not fleshing out your roster (and not addressing your weaknesses) is a recipe for disaster.

We have too many tangible assets right now. It'd probably be best to trade for future young talent so we can get a nice stream coming in, or to trade for what we need right now: shooting and a defensive big.

Holding onto your assets for too long because you either wanted to amass your assets or hope that they will become a superstar is something.. that the old FO would do. There was no planning into the future, just a haphazard plan A.. if this FO does the same, I would be worried. Fortunately, I think Pelinka is really competent.

How can you convince Paul George to come if your roster is still just a bunch of random players who don't complement each other well?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

We are not close to the making things fit stage, we are still in the asset accumulation stage.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
We are not close to the making things fit stage, we are still in the asset accumulation stage.

You might be a Philly fan if you want the team to tank again next year. Another year without progress would be really bad for the franchise. We're already one of the most loaded teams in the league. You can't sit on your hand for too long.

Oh, and making timely trades = getting assets.

Btw, this is not even mentioning that Nance will be up for a Qualifying Offer in 2019 as well as D'Angelo. Zubac will also be up for re-sign with the team in the same year. All of those 3 players I hold in higher regard than JC and Julius. There is no way in hell we can keep all 5 of those players (and have a well-fitting team) AND sign PG at the same time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 605, 606, 607 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 606 of 685
Jump to: