Wasn't this Mitch's plan in the first place?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
Well i guess im optimistic to a fault. The hiring of Mag and Pelinka after those two horrendous signings gave me hope. I love Luke but i remembered how bad his contract was. I was disgusted with it. Mos/Deng was dejavu but worse. Im optimistic these guys can steer the ship to a successful path back to contention. They both are very successful in their previous businesses and project a winning attitude. Its refreshing to have charismatic leaders that are open to trying new strategies to be successful. Jim and mitch became stagnant. Its crazy that there was barely an analytic dept. And the ineptitude of their free agent push for Lma was disheartening. It was time for a change. These new guys got me excited. I like the revamping of the organization and the fitness obligations handed down. Its very good sign that the FO is openly communicating and working together for a change. Now lets get that top three pick!!!

Excellent post. Belated welcome to LG!

Tonight is the night!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
Well i guess im optimistic to a fault. The hiring of Mag and Pelinka after those two horrendous signings gave me hope. I love Luke but i remembered how bad his contract was. I was disgusted with it. Mos/Deng was dejavu but worse. Im optimistic these guys can steer the ship to a successful path back to contention. They both are very successful in their previous businesses and project a winning attitude. Its refreshing to have charismatic leaders that are open to trying new strategies to be successful. Jim and mitch became stagnant. Its crazy that there was barely an analytic dept. And the ineptitude of their free agent push for Lma was disheartening. It was time for a change. These new guys got me excited. I like the revamping of the organization and the fitness obligations handed down. Its very good sign that the FO is openly communicating and working together for a change. Now lets get that top three pick!!!

Excellent post. Belated welcome to LG!

Tonight is the night!

Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:

Very good post and I'm optimistic too, let's hope they can ride the ship in the right direction. I've always said great things always start at the top.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Wasn't this Mitch's plan in the first place?

dcarter4kobe wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
It seems to me the topics below was already Mitch's plan and the whole idea of removing Mitch was to not wait but instead to win now!!!! Or am I missing something?

Magic Johnson vows to stay patient as young Lakers endure growing pains

Magic Johnson asks Lakers to be more patient with their young team

Just two of many news links with this story line....

So why get rid of Mitch?

Not a fan of the magic hire but it was time for a change. The MozDeng contacts were the icing on the cake.

MITCH IS GONE....MITCH DOES NOT HAVE A PLAN. stop comparing the two. the other regime is gone. lets give these people time to clean up the mess. Give them time....we gave the other regime 5 years.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Wasn't this Mitch's plan in the first place?

clutchkobe wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
It seems to me the topics below was already Mitch's plan and the whole idea of removing Mitch was to not wait but instead to win now!!!! Or am I missing something?

So why get rid of Mitch?

Not a fan of the magic hire but it was time for a change. The MozDeng contacts were the icing on the cake.

MITCH IS GONE....MITCH DOES NOT HAVE A PLAN. stop comparing the two. the other regime is gone. lets give these people time to clean up the mess. Give them time....we gave the other regime 5 years.

Lol, no you didnt.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Wasn't this Mitch's plan in the first place?

tox wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:

So why get rid of Mitch?

Worst won loss records in team history- consecutively since 2012-2013. Someone had to go: Jim and Mitch were responsible for the makeup and direction of the team so who would take the blame was obvious.

You can thank Kobe('s Achilles) for that. Blame Jim and Mitch for MozDeng, but the team sucking was inevitable after 04/12/2013.

And blame some arrogant Laker fans for believing that they should be on top every season. What goes up must come down. Every team has to eventually rebuild, their fans have to accept it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Wasn't this Mitch's plan in the first place?

clutchkobe wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:

So why get rid of Mitch?

Not you

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Tue May 16, 2017 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

starting to wonder if people nowadays know what the word lie means...
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

People have a short memory...not only did Mitch and Jim sign Deng and Mosgov (human dump trucks) to ridiculous contracts -- they signed a damaged Nash for 1st round/2nd round picks. Even Stevie Wonder knew that Nash had back problems with the Suns. Also, they waited too long to trade Howard...Howard didn't want to be in LA from the beginning and we allowed him to walk for nothing in return. Lastly, we let Gasol walk for nothing as well and we bring D'Antoni who runs Kobe into the ground and creates friction with Gasol. You can say all you want about Mitch, but Mitch had to go. Hopefully Magic has luck with the draft, but i don't expect a top 3 pick this year. On a positive note...next year's draft arguably is better than this year's.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

i read that next year's draft is weaker
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

Sure just watch politics, you'll get the gist of the word....
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Wasn't this Mitch's plan in the first place?

Truck Turner wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:

So why get rid of Mitch?

Confusion reigns it seems to me.

I've been saying for some time that Magic's "Plan" is exactly the same as the one Mitch had. The big difference is going to be whether or not Magic can close the deal in free agency.

I'd argue that Mitch and Jim striking out constantly in free agency was a blessing in disguise. Pretty much every player that they went after hard (Dwight, Melo, Aldridge) has shown themselves not to be worth the investment long term.

The Moz/Deng signings seemed to be done out of desperation more than anything. Those contracts are going to hinder the team moving forward.

It does seem like Magic now realizes it's not as simple as snapping his fingers and turning the team around.

I believe that this is pretty accurate. I think Jim and Mitch basically planned on rebuilding through the draft and getting a Big Name Free Agent when possible.

I think Jeanie and her crew were the ones making a big deal about winning now and signing big name Free Agents.

Now that they are in full control, I think they are realizing that 1) Its not as easy as just smiling to sign big name Free Agents and HOPEFULLY 2) that the Lakers have a pretty solid plan of rebuilding with young guys.

I think eventually the pressure from Jeanie and her crew to get a Free Agent led to the Moz/Deng signings. Hopefully, they are now realizing first hand that Jim/Mitch were doing things right and they DONT Pressure themselves into something stupid.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

from what I understand if someone disagrees with you and you can't support your position you call them a liar...at least that's how prez orange and his republican party play it
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
deal wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

from what I understand if someone disagrees with you and you can't support your position you call them a liar...at least that's how prez orange and his republican party play it

Not here guys...
D's Advocate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wasn't this Mitch's plan in the first place?

pjiddy wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:

So why get rid of Mitch?

Confusion reigns it seems to me.

Because he worked for Jim.

Yup. Like a lot of the guys, it comes down to being on team Jim. I don't think they hated Mitch or blamed him for all the problems, he just got caught in friendly fire. I liked him and I hope he finds a spot, there's definitely a place for the type of quiet back room work that Mitch did. But I 'm not against trying some thing new.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
D's Advocate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Change is good. We only had two options:

I think that the point is, nothing has seemed to have changed

What were you expecting to change? A lot of the stuff was already set in stone, like the Deng and Moz contracts and the picks that were given away. Magic can't literally do magic and change any of that. Mitch didn't have a magic wand and neither does Magic. Signed guys aren't suddenly going to become available next season because we changed GM's. Mitch has been gone for a few months, was Pelinka supposed to deliver an all star or something?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

D's Advocate wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Change is good. We only had two options:

I think that the point is, nothing has seemed to have changed

What were you expecting to change? A lot of the stuff was already set in stone, like the Deng and Moz contracts and the picks that were given away. Magic can't literally do magic and change any of that. Mitch didn't have a magic wand and neither does Magic. Signed guys aren't suddenly going to become available next season because we changed GM's. Mitch has been gone for a few months, was Pelinka supposed to deliver an all star or something?

I didn't expect changes, that was the poster I quoted. Take it up with him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: