Magic & Rob (Full Video): *Focus being about Young Players and Cap to sign 2 Guys in 2018*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
I know many on this board disagree with me, but I question Randle and Clarkson's fit with this team moving forward. Plus, Clarkson takes up 12.5 in 2018 cap, and Randle's cap hold is also 12.5 in 2018. That's 25 mil for 2 players who"s fit I question.

Trade Clarkson, Randle, Moz and a 2020 first rounder (the first we can trade as 2018 now goes to Philly), to Sac for Tolliver, Afflalo, Galloway, WCS and their 2nd rounder this year (#34). Good trade for Sac, they get 2 young rotation guys who they control contract wise (for a team that has trouble attracting FA's). They have plenty of cap (and little options to use it) to take Moz, plus a future first for a team on a rebuild. The only pain is WCS, but they have Papagiannis who needs PT, and Skal is a guy who could get minutes at both 4 and 5, and I figure they place higher value on Skal than WCS with his offensive potential. With Randle/Papa/Skal/Moz they can use their picks on perimeter guys. Moz allows them to trade Koufos who would likely net them another first rounder for their rebuild.

For the Lakers, we can buy out Afflalo and Tolliver who are only partially guaranteed. Galloway is an expiring. Move Deng to the 4, and draft replacements for Randle/JC. I like Ojeleye and Hart. We could sign a PG like Collison, and draft Ball.

We'd be about 30 mil under the cap, and I would sell that cap space for picks and expiring deals. Should be able to replace the lost 2018 pick and maybe more. (IIRC, Utah netted 2 firsts from the W's in the Biedrins/Jefferson cap absorb).

PG- Collison/Ball
SG- DLO/Galloway/Hart
SF- Ingram/Brewer
PF- Deng/Nance/Ojeleye
C- WCS/Zub/Black

In 2018, we could trade the 1st we got in the cap absorb, along with Deng, to a team to absorb the deal (teams like Sac, Brooklyn would be good candidates). Hopefully moving Deng to the 4 gets his value back up some, and with just 2 years left on his deal he would be movable if we include a pick.

We'd then have:
Ball, Collison, DLO, Hart, Ingram, Nance, Ojeleye, Wcs and Zub, plus about 68 mil in cap space, enough to max 2 guys (and then some).
Add 2 of PG, Westbrook, Cousins and it's off to the races.
We keep our young core and add marquee FA's.

I always saw JC and Randle as 2 really great bench guys and together could for a mob but given the MozDeng deals, funds are tight so they might both be the outsiders looking in. I guess ideal world Randle + JC + 28 +2019 first (if that's possible) for PG and then try and move Deng after his value is back up playing the 4 and stretch Mozzy in 2018.

With the 2018 first going to Philadelphia, the 2019 first can't be traded until after the 2018 draft.
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject:

I think Jordan's role off the bench is well suited for this team. Randle, on the other hand, is a bad fit especially at an increased salary. To play Luke's style of basketball, a stretch 4 is necessary, and Randle ain't that. Look at every other uptempo pace and space team in the league, they all have stretch 4s that help space the floor. Randle, to me, is the odd man out.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject:

Randle in the long run may be a 5, not a 4
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
We could trade Randle/Clarkson/#28 pick for George.

With Randle cap hold/Clarkson/#28 pick, we have about $82 million in salary committed in 2018. If we trade those three assets for George, with George's cap hold of $29 million, we'd add about $1 million to that number, making our total $83 million, or about $20 million in cap room. We'd still need to stretch Mozgov and/or Deng at that point to free up another max slot.

This is the most realistic plan. At this moment Indy says NO! But in february at the end of the deadline could be feasable with a few "ifs".
Someone comes with a better offer. (Boston is the biggest danger).
Indy didn't upgrade the roster and they are in the same situation as now.
George tells Prichard he's gone in FA.
If all of this happens (it's a good probability), then Indy would be with the back at the wall and takes the offer.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject:

I think the only team that will trade for George is the Lakers. I don't see Boston taking the chance.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I think the only team that will trade for George is the Lakers. I don't see Boston taking the chance.

There is a chance!
If they bring Hayward in FA and then trade for George they would have line-up of IT-Bradley-Hayward-PG-Hortford plus depth.
Never knows what can happen. If Love or Irving are injured, Celtics could knocken them out.
And anyway, Celtics have the Brooklyn 1st next year. They could offer it plus Brown and an expiring and it's better than Clarckson, Randle and #28.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

Celtics fans on "to trade or not to trade the #1 Pick": http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1565189
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

andree wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

There is a chance!
If they bring Hayward in FA and then trade for George they would have line-up of IT-Bradley-Hayward-PG-Hortford plus depth.
Never knows what can happen. If Love or Irving are injured, Celtics could knocken them out.
And anyway, Celtics have the Brooklyn 1st next year. They could offer it plus Brown and an expiring and it's better than Clarckson, Randle and #28.

It would make a lot more sense for them to do that for Butler instead of George.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

andree wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

There is a chance!

Your scenario doesn't work. Boston wouldn't have any expiring contracts to offer for George aside from Thomas and Bradley if they open enough cap space to sign Hayward. Here's what a Boston team that acquires Hayward looks like.

Thomas....Fultz.......Rozier
Hayward...Bradley...Smart
Crowder...Brown.....Yabusele
Horford
Zizic

From here a realistic trade for George would likely consist of Brooklyn's 2018 1st, Jae Crowder, Terry Rozier and the 2017 37th pick.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

Well I do like what I'm hearing. One of my biggest concerns was that they were going to rush things, and give up too much for a mediocre and diminishing product (see Nets).

I think Mitch was excellent at what he did, but Rob does have a way of instilling confidence, even in an interview. I am actually gaining confidence that Rob and Magic will close the deal on a major free agent.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

There were 3-4 other teams trying to trade for him at the deadline
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

There were 3-4 other teams trying to trade for him at the deadline

Which one?
And the question is who will trade for 6month rental, if they don't have a roster to fight against GSW/Cle, knowing that PG want to come to LA?
Other than Boston, I don't know who.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
andree wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

There is a chance!

Your scenario doesn't work. Boston wouldn't have any expiring contracts to offer for George aside from Thomas and Bradley if they open enough cap space to sign Hayward. Here's what a Boston team that acquires Hayward looks like.

Thomas....Fultz.......Rozier
Hayward...Bradley...Smart
Crowder...Brown.....Yabusele
Horford
Zizic

From here a realistic trade for George would likely consist of Brooklyn's 2018 1st, Jae Crowder, Terry Rozier and the 2017 37th pick.

That's good... for Boston!
In Feb 2018 near the trade deadline when they could lose PG for nothing, Indy will do this.
Brooklyn #1 could be huge. Other than Sacramento which team could be worse than Nets. In this moment I see none.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: