Anybody watch Empire KTTV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm a bit fuzzy on whether or not Lucious is Olivia's baby daddy or is it Jamal? Did he say what he said to distract the guy with the gun.

Cookie's dropping the laundry for Malcolm Deveaux (Derek Luke). What's really going on with Vernon Turner (Malik Yoba)?

Next week should be dope.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm a bit fuzzy on whether or not Lucious is Olivia's baby daddy or is it Jamal? Did he say what he said to distract the guy with the gun.

Cookie's dropping the laundry for Malcolm Deveaux (Derek Luke). What's really going on with Vernon Turner (Malik Yoba)?

Same as you, fuzzy. I think he said it to protect them all, but the girl didn't say any different when he made that claim or later when she left. I guess Lucious is the dad.

Basically, one thing weird about the show is Lucious says all this horrendous stuff to his execs...and they just keep going like nothing happened instead of resigning. Next week from the preview looks huge.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Same as you, fuzzy. I think he said it to protect them all, but the girl didn't say any different when he made that claim or later when she left. I guess Lucious is the dad.

Basically, one thing weird about the show is Lucious says all this horrendous stuff to his execs...and they just keep going like nothing happened instead of resigning. Next week from the preview looks huge.

Did you note, Olivia, Raven Symone, had the same name on the Cosby show?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Lucious is becoming the villain more and more each week. Hard to root for the guy. It's not like Walter White where even though you knew better, you still rooted for the guy. With LL, he's already almost lost me. There really isn't anything to like about him now. Great acting by TH.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Lucious is becoming the villain more and more each week. Hard to root for the guy. It's not like Walter White where even though you knew better, you still rooted for the guy. With LL, he's already almost lost me. There really isn't anything to like about him now. Great acting by TH.

Lucious is similar to Walter White, does horrendous things for family but in reality they're done for himself.

Did you know Walter White was a real person? LINK

Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Haa!!.....Is Cookie gonna have to slap a b!tch?!?......
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Was that an April Fool's finale? Because that was terrible.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

The first half was better than the 2nd half but I agree, the last few episodes were definitely better than the finale. Still will be back for season 2 though lol.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject:

I tuned in to see what the hype is all about and this is a cheesy predictable show, I appreciate the diversity of the show, but when compared to all time great shows like The Wire, Breaking Bad and True Detective this is garbage crap TV ala the Dynasty and Dallas days, BUT I see why people love it, it appeals to the Love and Hip Hop and Housewives crowd the kinda drama they love and they dont have to pretend what they are watching is real

Feel great for Yvette (Tarajai) and Djay (Terrence) good to see they grew up and made it lol
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject:

That finale completely lost me. Wow they really dropped the ball.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject:

First hour moved slow, second led into season 2.

Lucious will be around, he doesn't have Lupus. I was wondering how there were going to keep him in show with a incurable disease.

I believe Vernon Turner was going to be a witness against Lucious, he got dead.

No more Malcolm. He got Cookie's second cookie. I like the fact that she's not promiscuous. She's gangsta, not a ho. Lucious was her only other.

Jamal's showing signs of being like his father. He's more about the business and family is not as important as before.

Rhonda is Eve and Andre is the serpent. They're going after Empire using hostile takeover.

The finale wasn't as riveting as I thought it would be. The show still has my interest. I'LL BE BAC.

I'm not the only one returning, Empire had good ratings LINK
Quote:
"Empire" has been the No. 1 TV series on Comcast's video-on-demand system ever since it debuted in January. The cable provider's latest weekly chart, on Tuesday, was titled "'Empire's' on demand dominance continues."

pmacla I think you mean Djay (Terrence) and Shug (Taraji)

pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Lucious will be around, he doesn't have Lupus. I was wondering how there were going to keep him in show with a incurable disease.

No more Malcolm. He got Cookie's second cookie. I like the fact that she's not promiscuous. She's gangsta, not a ho. Lucious was her only other.

Jamal's showing signs of being like his father. He's more about the business and family is not as important as before.

Rhonda is Eve and Andre is the serpent. They're going after Empire using hostile takeover.

The finale wasn't as riveting as I thought it would be. The show still has my interest. I'LL BE BAC.

Quote:
"Empire" has been the No. 1 TV series on Comcast's video-on-demand system ever since it debuted in January. The cable provider's latest weekly chart, on Tuesday, was titled "'Empire's' on demand dominance continues."

was thinking her character is more like a grown up and hardened Yvette from baby Boy cant believe she left Jody lol lol
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

was thinking her character is more like a grown up and hardened Yvette from baby Boy cant believe she left Jody lol lol

Empire showcased talents I didn't know Terrence or Taraji possessed. I loved the way Cookie gangstaed, Terrence cold blooded.

I wasn't enamored with the music in the show, I'm not into hip hop. I enjoyed the drama, the diverse characters, the dealing with social issues.
I don't think they'll keep Lucious in jail long, Vernon was their evidence. Keep your enemy close your friends closer.

I'm waiting to see who wins the war for the Empire. I've got my money on Lucious.

You know Yvette would never leave Jody. She had Jody's baby, again. At the end of the movie she showed Jody the ring and said "I'm gonna spank dat ass for life.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Anybody see Jersey Boys? If so did you like it?

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

I watched season 1 through last week with my wife. It was good at first but started to lose steam after the last 2-3 episodes topped with a disappointing finale. If the following season is just going to keep this cycle of alliances being made and broken as people team up to go after someone else then my interest will not last long.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

Empire returns tonight KTTV 11 9:00pm. Lucious is still in jail. He's trying to run Empire while incarcerated. Cookie's trying to help him. The rest of the family's attempting a hostile takeover. Marisa Tomei , My Cousin Vinny, has been added.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject:

Disappointing season premier. You have to be a fan to like the series premier, slow, season set up. It was choosing sides.

Looks like Cookie and Lucious are going to hook up despite their different beliefs of who's best suited to run the company.

Only scene worth mention, what Lucious did to Chris Rock. Chris said, kill him, make it quite and quick. When the coin flipped Lucious said, kill him, make it loud and slow. He's a cold blooded dude.

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject:

chris rock was laughable trying to play a bad intimidating convict. And then the whole concept that they can get away from murder so easily while in prison and even mail a decapitated head is beyond laughable. If it was that easy to kill in prision then Lucsious should have easily been able to have a hired associate kill his ex wifes cousin without being touched.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Couldn't sleep last night. Binged 16 episodes of Empires 3rd season. Have the last two on record.

If you listen to the words of the songs they say what the mood of the subject is. If Hakeem is angry with his brother the rap is about that. If Jamal has a problem with his sexuality the rap goes into that.

I got a better feeling for the show by turning on captions. Two episodes to go. One on tonight, season finality next Wednesday, I think.

tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

The amount of insane stuff coming out is an utter onslaught of stupid. We are 4 months in. We have to do this another 11 times?!?!

All I can is, thank you to the folks who didn't vote (jerks).
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
The amount of insane stuff coming out is an utter onslaught of stupid. We are 4 months in. We have to do this another 11 times?!?!

All I can is, thank you to the folks who didn't vote (jerks).

Wrong thread?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke, think no ones cares about this show anymore.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:

Seems like it
. The season finale is next week. I haven't watched all season. I couldn't sleep last night so I binged.

Glad I did, tonight's episode was full of surprises. Can't wait for the finale. The teasers promise a great episode.

PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

Seems like it
. The season finale is next week. I haven't watched all season. I couldn't sleep last night so I binged.

Glad I did, tonight's episode was full of surprises. Can't wait for the finale. The teasers promise a great episode.

Just drop it man, show sucks.

Whatever floats your boat though. If you have fun with it then that's all that matters. I love my superhero (bleep) so I love Arrow, Flash, etc. even though they're poop for the most part.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

Seems like it

Just drop it man, show sucks.

Whatever floats your boat though. If you have fun with it then that's all that matters. I love my superhero (bleep) so I love Arrow, Flash, etc. even though they're poop for the most part.

Just drop it??? Where does it say I have to do anything you say?

I haven't watched all season. I made mention because I couldn't sleep and binged on the show. Not attempting to revive interest.

As far as the show sucking, that's a matter of opinion. I like it. It's dying, the ratings are in the toilet. I'd be shocked if there's a fourth season. Still, I like it.

I've watch Arrow and Flash. Haven't for awhile. Glad you brought them up. I'm retired with a lot of time on my hands. I watch a lot of TV. Think I'll watch me some Flash and Arrow. Need some distraction to get me away from CNN, MSNBC and the reality of Donald Trump.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: