*OFFICIAL PAUL GEORGE Thread*

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: *OFFICIAL PAUL GEORGE Thread*

I love talking hypotheticals, that's one of the things that make professional sports so fun. So, in light of recent whisperings and developments of Paul George wanting to sign here as a FA in 2018, I believe it'd require see shrewd financial planning to ensure we do have that capspace when it comes time. So the scenario is this...if an asset hungry team like say the Nets were willing to eat one of Moz or Deng's contract in a package that also included #28 and one mid-tier talent (e.g. JC, Gary Nance, etc.), would you do it? Why or why not?
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject:

lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject:

Now to answer the question , you don't do anything until it is all official, so you do it next year if needed not now. Also taking 2 years of bad contract vs 3 will lower the number of assets we need to send. We can also think about stretching one of the contracts if the price is too big.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject:

No offense OP, but I believe there might be one or two Paul George threads floating around here already. But to answer your question, I would ride it out until next season before worry about those contracts unless I absolutely need to make space for someone like Gordon Hayward this off-season.
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
No offense OP, but I believe there might be one or two Paul George threads floating around here already. But to answer your question, I would ride it out until next season before worry about those contracts unless I absolutely need to make space for someone like Gordon Hayward this off-season.

Good points and thanks for letting me know. Didn't see anything official on Paul yet but if I missed it, please merge mods!

Yeah I forgot to also mention in my original post that there several other different ways to address our capspace besides the one I've proposed so feel free to give your expertise on our capspace situation.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject:

Yeah it's not like they have paul george in the title
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject:

andrewc wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Good points and thanks for letting me know. Didn't see anything official on Paul yet but if I missed it, please merge mods!

Yeah I forgot to also mention in my original post that there several other different ways to address our capspace besides the one I've proposed so feel free to give your expertise on our capspace situation.

Many on here have openly discussed a potential JC/Moz/#28 deal for Brook Lopez. I've talked about it so much that if it does come to fruition, I will feel like LaVar Ball, because I'll feel like I spoke it into existence LOL.

And yes, I would jump on that now, if they would agree to it. There is no guarantee of what it would cost to dump one of our bad contracts next year, and this particular deal would not only clear almost $30MM off next year's cap (because Lopez expires), but we would also get the best player in the deal, and that means immediate help to try to improve next year's win total, which is important since tanking serves us no purpose next season, and better players around our younger players would only make them better, in turn.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

We do need the cap space soon in order to sign PG13 so #28 and JC is a small price to pay get rid of either Moz or Deng. We're getting an all-star player for free so I can't complain about giving up some expendable assets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: