2017 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Posts: 1971
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Getting spanked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 14590
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw completely owns the Giants
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 2724
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Wood pitching another good game. When's he gonna get some love.

Also Chris Taylor is hitting about 340 with another homer and multiple hit game. Eibner looking good as well. The second tier and OKC call ups are playing really well under the radar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 3124

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Wood has been amazing this year. Maybe second most reliable SP after Kershaw. Wood has been really painting those corners. Getting a lot of ground balls and double plays to keep that pitch count low.

Wood another one of these small trades the Dodgers make. Small in the sense it didn't have any big names.

Dodgers have done a great job with these trades. How about that Chris Taylor trade for Zach Lee?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 8231
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Wood has been amazing this year. Maybe second most reliable SP after Kershaw. Wood has been really painting those corners. Getting a lot of ground balls and double plays to keep that pitch count low.

Wood another one of these small trades the Dodgers make. Small in the sense it didn't have any big names.

Dodgers have done a great job with these trades. How about that Chris Taylor trade for Zach Lee?


Yeah, I know I've been very critical of many of Friedman and Co.'s moves, but they traded Hector Olivera, who domestic-violenced his way out of the league, for Wood, and he traded Zach Lee, who looks like a failed former top prospect, for Chris Taylor, who might be a late-blooming former top prospect.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 14590
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

This is why ownership has been cutting payroll, signing short-term contracts and preparing our books for the 2018 offseason:

Quote:
Heyman connects a few dots. Dodgers President Stan Kasten was with Washington when Harper was selected No. 1 overall in 2010. Heyman reports that Kasten has personally welcomed Harperís parents to Dodger Stadium when they visit. Harper is from Las Vegas, obviously giving Los Angeles a geographical advantage, if thatís in his interests.

L.A. will be in a unique financial situation. It will be out of heavy salary commitments to players such as Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Scott Kazmir by that time. Most of its building blocks Ė Corey Seager, Julio Urias, Cody Bellinger Ė will be in the early or pre-arbitration stages. The Dodgers have led the league in payroll since the ownership change, and despite whispers of wanting to dip below the luxury tax, last winter proved the organization will spend if itís the difference in winning.

On the flip side, Clayton Kershaw will be a free agent in the same offseason. All indications are that he will be the teamís priority. Signing Kershaw and Harper would mean dishing out two contracts potentially worth $40 million-plus annually. With so much young talent eventually needing extensions, that doesnít seem financially-wise on the surface.

The Dodgers would theoretically boast an outfield of Harper, Joc Pederson and top prospect Alex Verdugo. If L.A. replaces Logan Forsythe internally with prospect Willie Calhoun, Justin Turner would likely be the only position player over the age of 30.

http://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-los-angeles-reportedly-a-threat-to-sign-bryce-harper-in-2018-gb1293/2017/05/20/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 13722

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
This is why ownership has been cutting payroll, signing short-term contracts and preparing our books for the 2018 offseason:

Quote:
Heyman connects a few dots. Dodgers President Stan Kasten was with Washington when Harper was selected No. 1 overall in 2010. Heyman reports that Kasten has personally welcomed Harperís parents to Dodger Stadium when they visit. Harper is from Las Vegas, obviously giving Los Angeles a geographical advantage, if thatís in his interests.

L.A. will be in a unique financial situation. It will be out of heavy salary commitments to players such as Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Scott Kazmir by that time. Most of its building blocks Ė Corey Seager, Julio Urias, Cody Bellinger Ė will be in the early or pre-arbitration stages. The Dodgers have led the league in payroll since the ownership change, and despite whispers of wanting to dip below the luxury tax, last winter proved the organization will spend if itís the difference in winning.

On the flip side, Clayton Kershaw will be a free agent in the same offseason. All indications are that he will be the teamís priority. Signing Kershaw and Harper would mean dishing out two contracts potentially worth $40 million-plus annually. With so much young talent eventually needing extensions, that doesnít seem financially-wise on the surface.

The Dodgers would theoretically boast an outfield of Harper, Joc Pederson and top prospect Alex Verdugo. If L.A. replaces Logan Forsythe internally with prospect Willie Calhoun, Justin Turner would likely be the only position player over the age of 30.

http://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-los-angeles-reportedly-a-threat-to-sign-bryce-harper-in-2018-gb1293/2017/05/20/

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 13324

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
This is why ownership has been cutting payroll, signing short-term contracts and preparing our books for the 2018 offseason:

Quote:
Heyman connects a few dots. Dodgers President Stan Kasten was with Washington when Harper was selected No. 1 overall in 2010. Heyman reports that Kasten has personally welcomed Harperís parents to Dodger Stadium when they visit. Harper is from Las Vegas, obviously giving Los Angeles a geographical advantage, if thatís in his interests.

L.A. will be in a unique financial situation. It will be out of heavy salary commitments to players such as Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Scott Kazmir by that time. Most of its building blocks Ė Corey Seager, Julio Urias, Cody Bellinger Ė will be in the early or pre-arbitration stages. The Dodgers have led the league in payroll since the ownership change, and despite whispers of wanting to dip below the luxury tax, last winter proved the organization will spend if itís the difference in winning.

On the flip side, Clayton Kershaw will be a free agent in the same offseason. All indications are that he will be the teamís priority. Signing Kershaw and Harper would mean dishing out two contracts potentially worth $40 million-plus annually. With so much young talent eventually needing extensions, that doesnít seem financially-wise on the surface.

The Dodgers would theoretically boast an outfield of Harper, Joc Pederson and top prospect Alex Verdugo. If L.A. replaces Logan Forsythe internally with prospect Willie Calhoun, Justin Turner would likely be the only position player over the age of 30.

http://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-los-angeles-reportedly-a-threat-to-sign-bryce-harper-in-2018-gb1293/2017/05/20/



Holy Christ. He'll still be a baby, only 25 by then.
_________________
Thank you, Kobe. We love you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19771
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
This is why ownership has been cutting payroll, signing short-term contracts and preparing our books for the 2018 offseason:

Quote:
Heyman connects a few dots. Dodgers President Stan Kasten was with Washington when Harper was selected No. 1 overall in 2010. Heyman reports that Kasten has personally welcomed Harperís parents to Dodger Stadium when they visit. Harper is from Las Vegas, obviously giving Los Angeles a geographical advantage, if thatís in his interests.

L.A. will be in a unique financial situation. It will be out of heavy salary commitments to players such as Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Scott Kazmir by that time. Most of its building blocks Ė Corey Seager, Julio Urias, Cody Bellinger Ė will be in the early or pre-arbitration stages. The Dodgers have led the league in payroll since the ownership change, and despite whispers of wanting to dip below the luxury tax, last winter proved the organization will spend if itís the difference in winning.

On the flip side, Clayton Kershaw will be a free agent in the same offseason. All indications are that he will be the teamís priority. Signing Kershaw and Harper would mean dishing out two contracts potentially worth $40 million-plus annually. With so much young talent eventually needing extensions, that doesnít seem financially-wise on the surface.

The Dodgers would theoretically boast an outfield of Harper, Joc Pederson and top prospect Alex Verdugo. If L.A. replaces Logan Forsythe internally with prospect Willie Calhoun, Justin Turner would likely be the only position player over the age of 30.

http://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-los-angeles-reportedly-a-threat-to-sign-bryce-harper-in-2018-gb1293/2017/05/20/


There's short term contracts. And then there's contracts that make no sense for ex-A's/Ray's.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 14590
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers are leading the league by a lot with a +64 run differential this year. Only a matter of time until we're in first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23074

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Grandal is probably on the sauce again.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 6815
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw officially has a WHIP under 1 for his career. Truly amazing. Legend
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 14590
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

This is why we have Jansen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23074

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
This is why we have Jansen

_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 14590
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Typical lucky Cardinals crap
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 14590
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Offense owes Kershaw a win here after that performance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 6815
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Typical lucky Cardinals crap


I'll take the blame for this one. I posted too soon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 14590
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Broxton did us a solid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22232

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Broxton did us a solid


Good ol' Brox comin thru
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23074

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Broxton did us a solid


Good ol' Brox comin thru

_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 14590
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Kershaw officially has a WHIP under 1 for his career. Truly amazing. Legend


Just wanted to go back to this.

Career WHIP is now .99964

The only two guys in front of him now pitched in the dead ball era. He just passed Mo Rivera.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/whip_career.shtml
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19771
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Got myself some dugout seats for today's game! Hopefully Maeda doesn't (bleep) the bed after his DL stint.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 14590
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Got myself some dugout seats for today's game! Hopefully Maeda doesn't (bleep) the bed after his DL stint.


Nice man!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22232

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Got myself some dugout seats for today's game! Hopefully Maeda doesn't (bleep) the bed after his DL stint.


Nice man!!!


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19771
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Got myself some dugout seats for today's game! Hopefully Maeda doesn't (bleep) the bed after his DL stint.


Nice man!!!




Thanks guys! Just wish Lasorda were here like before.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 29 of 342
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB