LaVar Ball (Lonzo Ball's father)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Ted wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
He's a D-bag, but that Colin Cowherd interview felt like a setup. If that girl is part of the show then put her on the same desk as the host. Having someone cackling at you from behind, 20 feet away, while the show's host is asking you questions in front of you, isn't fair game.

She trashed before on another segment about the way he was raising his kids, so he had every right to check her. She was trying to put him down. And anytime anyone gets in a dig at Whitlock, I'm on board. And the way she accused him of threatening her, that's how men these days get tripped up by people putting words in their mouth. I'm glad he shut her up.

https://twitter.com/mickleburrbank/status/864959810978013184

Go in your work place and tell a co-worker they have something coming to them. I'm willing to bet they will take that comment as some type of threat.

There are ways to communicate a threat besides "I'm going to beat your ass"

I have a young daughter. If some punk kid at her school said, "You have something coming to you" then I'd consider it a threat for sure. Is it a chicken **** threat? Yeah. But a threat nonetheless.

And what if some journalist was questioning if you abuse your children on national T.V., how would you react?
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wino wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
Wow. Leahy really tried to bait Lavar.

Kinda, but LB wasn't helping matters with making her talk to his back, and that was before she ratcheted up the bait tone. She was definitely trying to trigger a reaction.

I was wondering why he kept saying "I'm afraid of you, I'm afraid of you", but there were things that occurred before that interview that explained it.

I will probably NEVER side with Lavar again in my life but that gal was a class A biatch!!! She took unfair shots at him and he fired back. Not as eloquently as he could have but yeah she totally deserved it. So tired of women taking very rude and offensive approaches towards men, and if they react negatively they are either accused of being violent or sexist. F these women. If they are gonna dish it out, then they gotta take it.

Good for Lavar for sticking up for himself. If I were him, I would never go back there. Trust me, he is going to garner a lot more interviews in his life and would love to see him stick it to that show.

Interesting how if a female sports personality takes an aggressive stance during an interview, she is accused of "taking very rude and offensive approaches towards men". But if a man does the same thing, he's just a hard hitting reporter who tries to get to the truth. Given what you have said here, I'm not sure you really want to be lecturing people on sexism.

Sexism has nothing to do with it. People are focused so much on optics- racism,,, sexism,,,,vegetarianism,,,, but in the end I just saw a guy going after a reporter for talking smack behind his back.
She's a celtic fan BTW, in the world of "fake news" most reporters sadly, now have a biased agenda.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Still defending Lavar? Awesome.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

If your post is about.. LaVar debating with a troll woman, then that is what everyone should do.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Great points.

Sports interviews should be limited to pablum, and statements designed for public consumption. Even though Ball's father was on show to promote product, don't ask him pertinent questions about the product.

how you should ask a question about the brand.

reporter: "So Lavar, are you guys going to bring out a women's clothing line or shoe for women?"

Lavar's response would be: " No, we're a guys brand. I'm a guy and all of my boys are guys. The Zo's were made by Lonzo himself. My sons and I will have a lot of input on the products we put out. So thats why we're staying in our lane and making guys premium gear."

reporter: So you dont think you're leaving money on the table for those big baller ladies out there that want to be a part the BBB brand?

^^Thats how you ask brand questions about his brand. and that last question could even be a semi joke.
I bet if she would've never said what she said about his fathering and his son. he would not have responded the way he did. If she would've kept it to the above. he would've spoken to her just like he spoke to the male host.

To say he doesn't want to sell women's products because he hates or dislikes women or whatever she said in that regard was ridiculous. are you here to report or are you here to troll and tell me what you think about me. if thats why you're hear. then you're not reporting. you're doing what some have done in this thread. stated why they dont like lavar. thats not the job of a reporter. your job is to report not on your own feelings, but on the publics and ask questions. she didnt lead by saying "women feel that lavar ball and the BBB brand is against women. is that true mr ball?"

which would've still been a bit troll baitish. but thats still better than how she handled it.

Last edited by splashmtn on Thu May 25, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

are you threatening this forum?!?
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Great points.

Sports interviews should be limited to pablum, and statements designed for public consumption. Even though Ball's father was on show to promote product, don't ask him pertinent questions about the product.

how you should ask a question about the brand.

reporter: "So Lavar, are you guys going to bring out a women's clothing line or shoe for women?"

Lavar's response would be: " No, we're a guys brand. I'm a guy and all of my boys are guys. The Zo's were made by Lonzo himself. My sons and I will have a lot of input on the products we put out. So thats why we're staying in our lane and making guys premium gear."

reporter: So you dont think you're leaving money on the table for those big baller ladies out their that want to be a part the BBB brand?

^^Thats how you ask brand questions about his brand. and that last question could even be a semi joke.
I bet if she would've never said what she said about his fathering and his son. he would not have responded the way he did. If she would've kept it to the above. he would've spoken to her just like he spoke to the male host.

To say he doesnt want to sell women's products because he hates or dislikes women or whatever she said in that regard was ridiculous. are you hear to report or are you hear to troll and tell me what you think about me. if thats why you're hear. then you're not reporting. you're doing what some have done in this thread. stated why they dont like lavar. thats not the job of a reporter. your job is to report not on your own feelings. but on the publics and ask questions. she didnt lead by saying "women feel that lavar ball and the BBB brand is against women. is that true mr ball?"

which would've still being a bit troll bait. but thats still better than how she handled it.

funny thing for a woman to say since every female spends their shopping time in stores where 95% of them do not sell anything for men.

I wonder if she says the same to every shop owner that is ignoring an entire sex.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

Lavar made a "Stay in Yo Lane" Shirt

https://twitter.com/bigballerbrand/status/867551277017743366

Available in both male and female sizes
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

It's funny that this is even a debate to people..

Just because someone is a reporter does not mean they are entitled to answers. LB clearly stated he wasnt there to talk to her; she kept egging it on, how about she just walk out if she is that bothered by it? Because it's entertainment, and they know it.

"Something is coming to you"

Construe it as you want, this is obviously loose, if you see it as a threat so be it. I saw it as, you wanna sit here and talk (bleep), of course ima talk it back (that's what came to you).

Again, this is hilarious that some people even make this a debate. Go LaVar, screw it.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lavar made a "Stay in Yo Lane" Shirt

https://twitter.com/bigballerbrand/status/867551277017743366

Available in both male and female sizes
i thought it was fake. i had to go to the site myself yesterday. Funny as heck.

The beauty of it is that not only does he have the ladies tank top with the saying on it. He also now has a women's shirt with the BBB on it. The sites talking about the shirt are showing the man's version mostly to keep that lavar hates women issue going when that was not what he meant by stay in your lane . So now he has a women's line.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAopgCqXYAAHAMn.jpg
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

This is what happens when you run your mouth too much, you give the opponents major motivation:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/basketball/2017/05/27/lavar-ball-aau-big-ballers-lose-compton-magic/102253622/
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
This is what happens when you run your mouth too much, you give the opponents major motivation:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/basketball/2017/05/27/lavar-ball-aau-big-ballers-lose-compton-magic/102253622/

The only thing big about Lavar, is his motor mouth...
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

no thats what happens when you get blown out. people have been getting blown out since getting blown out was a thing. without any motivation and loud mouth fathers.

So sorry LL, this is not what happens when you run your mouth. He has been running his mouth for years. and some seasons they never lost a game. is that also what happens when you run your mouth? Just trying to get an understanding of what happens when one loud mouth daddy runs his mouth.

all i'm saying is. lavar has no bearing on whether these kids get routed or not. on some nights they will make their shots and their pressing defense will work. on other nights they will lose a close one, and on some nights. they will get the breaks beat off of them. Thats life of a kids AAU team unless you have a full roster of TOP players and the other teams you're playing do not.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

no thats what happens when you get blown out. people have been getting blown out since getting blown out was a thing. without any motivation and loud mouth fathers.

So sorry LL, this is not what happens when you run your mouth. He has been running his mouth for years. and some seasons they never lost a game. is that also what happens when you run your mouth? Just trying to get an understanding of what happens when one loud mouth daddy runs his mouth.

all i'm saying is. lavar has no bearing on whether these kids get routed or not. on some nights they will make their shots and their pressing defense will work. on other nights they will lose a close one, and on some nights. they will get the breaks beat off of them. Thats life of a kids AAU team unless you have a full roster of TOP players and the other teams you're playing do not.

I am not referring to so much the getting blown out, but rather the fact that the opponents were going out of their way to comment to Lavar directly...he had provided unnecessary extra motivation for them.

I think his comments about some of the current NBA players haven't sat well either and Lonzo is likely going to have guys going at him harder and looking to punk him worse than if his dad was quiet and behind the scenes.

Would you disagree with that?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I am not referring to so much the getting blown out, but rather the fact that the opponents were going out of their way to comment to Lavar directly...he had provided unnecessary extra motivation for them.

I think his comments about some of the current NBA players haven't sat well either and Lonzo is likely going to have guys going at him harder and looking to punk him worse than if his dad was quiet and behind the scenes.

oh i see what you're saying. guess what. So what. if you're afraid of someones "extra movitvation" then you're not ready to play hard and play to your abilities. at any age. thats all thats asked of you at that age. play hard and play to your abilities. the older you get we throw in "play smart" added on to those other two. There should never be a time when locker room or bulletin board material should make you lose a game vs an opponent you were supposed to beat. NEVER. if that happens, then either you are not as good as advertised. OR you're weaker in the mind then you first thought. So no matter how skilled your team may be. They are a weak minded group. Thats something that needs to come out early and needs to be addressed. NO better time than the present to address it after a nice 50 point blow out. lol.

I have never in life been afraid to say something about the other team or to give them locker room material. because i was not afraid of their aggression. lastly, if someone plays extra hard to beat me and i find out they only did it to me. shame on them. so no matter how you slice it. the extra motivation should never be extra. You're playing a game you love to play. Play hard, have fun and lets get this win(if we have the talent to beat said team.)

lastly, ask yourself. If that teams shots were not falling and things didnt go that way. Would they have still popped off at the mouth to lavar? NOPE. So that right their tells me that they are weak minded players as well. You're a front runner mentality team when you do something like that.

You ever notice the shaq and kobe teams never was all in the other teams faces saying stuff. even the other teams always had something to say about them in the media. because the lakers knew. it doesnt matter, we'll put up to make darn sure YOU shut up. But thats a strong minded team, that knows how good they are/can be regardless of who else has something to say about them.

if these kids get thru this blow out and learn from it. They could easily end up being mentally stronger than the team they got blown out by.

Lonzo having to deal with all the nba coming at him is a great thing early on. If they truly come at him like its a playoff/finals game in his rookie season. It will let him know exactly how hard you need to go to be a star in this league. and how great these different players are. so he now knows how to prepare to be as great as them and how to slow them down and also how to play his game anyway vs their intensity. If he's strong minded. He wont break under pressure. he will most likely lose those games early on and lose them badly even if its the 1 v 1 loss and his team wins. But as long as he's not crying about it and folding under that pressure. I'm all for them racking him over the coals during his rookie season. trial by fire. we'll find out real quick what he's made of.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

oh i see what you're saying. guess what. So what. if you're afraid of someones "extra movitvation" then you're not ready to play hard and play to your abilities. at any age. thats all thats asked of you at that age. play hard and play to your abilities. the older you get we throw in "play smart" added on to those other two. There should never be a time when locker room or bulletin board material should make you lose a game vs an opponent you were supposed to beat. NEVER. if that happens, then either you are not as good as advertised. OR you're weaker in the mind then you first thought. So no matter how skilled your team may be. They are a weak minded group. Thats something that needs to come out early and needs to be addressed. NO better time than the present to address it after a nice 50 point blow out. lol.

I have never in life been afraid to say something about the other team or to give them locker room material. because i was not afraid of their aggression. lastly, if someone plays extra hard to beat me and i find out they only did it to me. shame on them. so no matter how you slice it. the extra motivation should never be extra. You're playing a game you love to play. Play hard, have fun and lets get this win(if we have the talent to beat said team.)

lastly, ask yourself. If that teams shots were not falling and things didnt go that way. Would they have still popped off at the mouth to lavar? NOPE. So that right their tells me that they are weak minded players as well. You're a front runner mentality team when you do something like that.

You ever notice the shaq and kobe teams never was all in the other teams faces saying stuff. even the other teams always had something to say about them in the media. because the lakers knew. it doesnt matter, we'll put up to make darn sure YOU shut up. But thats a strong minded team, that knows how good they are/can be regardless of who else has something to say about them.

if these kids get thru this blow out and learn from it. They could easily end up being mentally stronger than the team they got blown out by.

Lonzo having to deal with all the nba coming at him is a great thing early on. If they truly come at him like its a playoff/finals game in his rookie season. It will let him know exactly how hard you need to go to be a star in this league. and how great these different players are. so he now knows how to prepare to be as great as them and how to slow them down and also how to play his game anyway vs their intensity. If he's strong minded. He wont break under pressure. he will most likely lose those games early on and lose them badly even if its the 1 v 1 loss and his team wins. But as long as he's not crying about it and folding under that pressure. I'm all for them racking him over the coals during his rookie season. trial by fire. we'll find out real quick what he's made of.

oh yea...if lonzo succeeds with all this, the payback will be gigantic. he's taking on the big boys, so of course there is going to be backlash.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

LaVar accepts Ice Cubes Challenge

Ok, that was hilarious, but it also shows how self aware LaVar is of his persona
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

oh yea...if lonzo succeeds with all this, the payback will be gigantic. he's taking on the big boys, so of course there is going to be backlash.

i finally watched some actual highlights from the blowout game. I wonder if the compton kids were in the same age bracket as lavar's team. If you find the videos. Compton team is much bigger than them at pretty much every position. It's night and day size difference. So if they arent older. They are so much bigger yet still athletic this was a blowout in the making. with lavar's big mouth or not. lavar's team was overmatched, especially with only one ball brother playing. if zo and the middle bro were playing they would've had a chance, since zo is 6'6 or so and so is the middle brother who is also a bigger guy. they can all shoot, score, while zo is the most athletic out of the 3. that would've given them a huge boost. but the young one by himself and a bunch of other dudes who are just out their to get a kid workout. Not fair at all. those compton kids were dunking on them left and right. wasnt even fair.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: