IndyStar: "Because if next season is not different, Paul George is probably gone to his hometown Los Angeles Lakers."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

I would try to get PG and would be willing to give up DLO or BI. Do not want to see the young Lakers struggling to get to 500, while PG is traded to Boston or the Clippers. Or see him traded before that.

I'm sure both those teams would love to get him
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
At this point I think we roll with our youth and add PG in free agency. If he goes elsewhere, so be it.

That is how I feel
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Icaruz wrote:
I am no cap expert and please correct me if I am wrong

But for those that says wait to sign PG in 2018, isn't that a waste of cap space? Because my understanding is that you can go over the cap to sign your own FA? So if you sign PG in 2018 then our "cap ceiling" is limited to the salary cap. If he is with us in 2017 and we sign him to an extension then we can go over the salary cap, which is extra 20 million or so. That seems like a room to go for another max player?

So if that the case if i can get rid of Deng or Mozgov and get George then i would seriously consider the trade

Dlo + Russel + Deng for George...something like that
Houston 1st + Mozgov somewhere and sign B. Griffin....

and then would that mean next summer (2018) we have room for 1 more max? Again, i'm no expert on the cap...

Huh?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
Icaruz wrote:

But for those that says wait to sign PG in 2018, isn't that a waste of cap space? Because my understanding is that you can go over the cap to sign your own FA? So if you sign PG in 2018 then our "cap ceiling" is limited to the salary cap. If he is with us in 2017 and we sign him to an extension then we can go over the salary cap, which is extra 20 million or so. That seems like a room to go for another max player?

So if that the case if i can get rid of Deng or Mozgov and get George then i would seriously consider the trade

and then would that mean next summer (2018) we have room for 1 more max? Again, i'm no expert on the cap...

Huh?

Yeah I think we should trade, Deng, Moz, DLO, Russel and D'angelo, along with Larry and Nance!! Hell throw in Junior too!!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
At this point I think we roll with our youth and add PG in free agency. If he goes elsewhere, so be it.

That is how I feel

This is how I feel too.

The ONLY way I trade for him is if we can trade guys who we don't really need.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
Icaruz wrote:

Huh?

Yeah I think we should trade, Deng, Moz, DLO, Russel and D'angelo, along with Larry and Nance!! Hell throw in Junior too!!

LOL I was thinking Deng, Moz, Luol, and Timofey for George and Turner
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/5/17/15656110/la-lakers-trade-rumors-paul-george-julius-randle-free-agency-jordan-bell-twitter-picture-nba-draft

Julius Randle works out with Paul George.

First the Kimmel interview...

George will work out with Kobe this summer...

now working out with Randle...

Where there's smoke, there's fire
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

For the record, I believe that the amount of PG's cap hold in the summer of 2018 is not his salary in the '17-18 season, but that it's 150% of that amount. Since his salary is about $19.5MM, his cap hold should be almost $30MM, which is barely under what his max will be. So whether or not we already have him and re-sign him or if we signed him as a free agent, I don't think it makes much of a difference in terms of cap flexibility.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

That is how I feel

That's how I want it to be but at the same time I'am convinced Magic, Jeannie and Pelinka are looking to make some noise.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
I would try to get PG and would be willing to give up DLO or BI. Do not want to see the young Lakers struggling to get to 500, while PG is traded to Boston or the Clippers. Or see him traded before that.

The problem is if you trade for him and you end up becoming a middling team also. I'd love to have him, but there's definitely a limit of how much I'd be willing to give up for him. At this point, I'm even questioning giving up one of DLo/Ingram/Ball. Trading Randle, Clarkson, 28 and our 2020 first would be ideal, but I don't think Indiana bites on that. I think we're too early in the rebuilding process to give up a significant asset for a star player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
For the record, I believe that the amount of PG's cap hold in the summer of 2018 is not his salary in the '17-18 season, but that it's 150% of that amount. Since his salary is about $19.5MM, his cap hold should be almost $30MM, which is barely under what his max will be. So whether or not we already have him and re-sign him or if we signed him as a free agent, I don't think it makes much of a difference in terms of cap flexibility.

The only benefit would be to be able to offer him a 5th year.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

The problem is if you trade for him and you end up becoming a middling team also. I'd love to have him, but there's definitely a limit of how much I'd be willing to give up for him. At this point, I'm even questioning giving up one of DLo/Ingram/Ball. Trading Randle, Clarkson, 28 and our 2020 first would be ideal, but I don't think Indiana bites on that. I think we're too early in the rebuilding process to give up a significant asset for a star player.

Yeah, Indi won't accept Randle/Clarkson. they'll try to find another trade partner. After being traded as a DH12 type rental we'll see how much PG really wants to come to the Lakers.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

IMO they're making an offer this summer.

Does Magic/Jeanie want to host All-Star Weekend without an All-Star?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
IMO they're making an offer this summer.

Does Magic/Jeanie want to host All-Star Weekend without an All-Star?

This should be our #1 priority. Imagine the local fans' (who will certainly be able to afford/have access to tickets) reaction when a guy who's been a Laker for a few weeks enters the game. That smattering of applause will have Jeanie beaming from her front row seat.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Anyone feel that Ingram may be dangled for PG13? Dlo isn't enough IMO and would require another top premium asset.

I'd like for them to sit tight for this season, but not sure the FO will.

I don't want to see Ingram go so early without knowing how his next few seasons will unfold. But, if I'm Indiana, I prefer him over anyone else that isn't this year's #2 - assuming we keep our pick. Maybe BI + Clarkson + 28th for PG13 + 2nd rounder ?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Anyone feel that Ingram may be dangled for PG13? Dlo isn't enough IMO and would require another top premium asset.

I don't want to see Ingram go so early without knowing how his next few seasons will unfold. But, if I'm Indiana, I prefer him over anyone else that isn't this year's #2 - assuming we keep our pick. Maybe BI + Clarkson + 28th for PG13 + 2nd rounder ?

I hope we don't trade DLO/BI/#2 anymore. Just wait it out. Let Indy sweat and give them the JC/Black/Brewer/#28/future top 10 protected 1st.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

why is dlo not enough? i prefer not to trade any of ball, dlo, ingram but if it has to 1 then its dlo
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Rek wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I hope we don't trade DLO/BI/#2 anymore. Just wait it out. Let Indy sweat and give them the JC/Black/Brewer/#28/future top 10 protected 1st.

I wouldn't trade any of our top 3 assets or Julius for him either. Those 4 plus George would be a great small ball lineup.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

why is dlo not enough? i prefer not to trade any of ball, dlo, ingram but if it has to 1 then its dlo

That was b/f the latest round of info about PG13 telling Lakers to stay pat and PG13 not making all-NBA.

So now I wouldn't even offer DLo.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That was b/f the latest round of info about PG13 telling Lakers to stay pat and PG13 not making all-NBA.

So now I wouldn't even offer DLo.

yupe. all top 3 assets just became unavailable. maybe randle too
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

My two cents:

No team is going to trade for PG if his people make it clear he is signing with lakers next season. If other teams do give it a shot, they will not offer much, that is captain obvious. PG's camp will make it clear. And I'm sure his agent and Magic's people have been talking all along.

I don't think nor do i personally want the lakers to trade for him this year unless we give up next to nothing. We hold all the leverage at this point. He is presumably a laker next year already. Indiana has three choices: 1. Take their chances with pg on the team next year and try to win (see how that turned out for OKC with a much better team). 2. Trade to the Lakers for what ever the lakers offer. 3. Trade to another team with a better offer than the lakers.

Again, I can't see another team trading assets for a one year rental. Especially if it's not Boston, Cleveland, or Golden State. That team is going to lose anyway and PG is gone the next year. But if this happens so be it.

Therefore, if I'm Magic/Pelinka, I stand pat. I don't even make the call to Indiana. Let them contact us. I make DLO, Ingram, Ball, Zub, Nance, and Julius untouchable. Indiana can then work the roster and picks for any combination they like for a trade. Indiana can gauge the market (for any of those players we make available) for a three way trade. And that's it. Pelinka needs to channel is inner ***hole agent side and play hardball with Prichard. Keep this offer open all year but never budge.

This years line up:
Ball / Clarkson / Ennis
DLO / Reddick / #28
Ingram / Deng / Brewer
Randle / Nance / Robinson
Moz / Zub / Black
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

That is how I feel

This is how I feel too.

The ONLY way I trade for him is if we can trade guys who we don't really need.

cosign
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
Icaruz wrote:

Huh?

You think we could give them Mozdeng, Luol, and Timofey instead?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

D'Angelo Russell and Paul George are already teammates... in endorsing New Era Caps

They're just endorsing hats together... For now.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/5/23/15681026/la-lakers-trade-free-agency-dangelo-russell-paul-george-new-era-caps
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18
Jump to: