Paul George DID NOT make the NBA 1st team, 2nd team or 3rd team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
Yeah but if he makes it next year then he'll get 200m from the pacers and we can't compete with that

He won't. That Pacers team isn't getting THAT much better and he missed the final forward spot by 40+ votes...a huge margin. Butler/Dray will likely be on the 3rd team again next year or Anthony Davis being reclassified as a "Forward" will bump one out.

I dunno Greek freak may take a step back, that typically happens after you break through. And Jimmy Butler may change depending if he gets traded, or they add more talent around him making his impact less. So I can see PG getting on the 3rd team. He'll be two years removed from major injury and I think this year was a down year for him cuz of that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
Yeah but if he makes it next year then he'll get 200m from the pacers and we can't compete with that

He won't. That Pacers team isn't getting THAT much better and he missed the final forward spot by 40+ votes...a huge margin. Butler/Dray will likely be on the 3rd team again next year or Anthony Davis being reclassified as a "Forward" will bump one out.

I dunno Greek freak may take a step back, that typically happens after you break through. And Jimmy Butler may change depending if he gets traded, or they add more talent around him making his impact less. So I can see PG getting on the 3rd team. He'll be two years removed from major injury and I think this year was a down year for him cuz of that.

He clearly wants out. And no, Greek Freak will be a better player this upcoming year AND Anthony Davis is now a "forward." Butler is Butler and I don't expect him to be out of the all-NBA.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Paul George DID NOT make the NBA 1st team, 2nd team or 3rd team

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Epic1971 wrote:
Gordon Heyward didn't either. Good chance they leave their respective teams now.

Celtics to trade Markelle Fultz to Chicago for Jimmy Butler, and then throw the max at Gordon Hayward.

After Cleveland sweeps them and they realize their window is now, they can most likely do something like that.

Thus...Celtics lineup next year

Isaiah Thomas
Jimmy Butler
Gordon Hayward
Kelly Olynyk
Al Hortford

That seems about correct.

And then they'll trade their 2018 Nets pick to New York for Carmelo Anthony

The magic formula, if anything, to beating Lebron is a rim protector.

Duncan
Hibbert (gave him problems in one series)
Tyson Chandler
Bogut.

Celts have no rim protector. It's a layup line. they need a rim protecting big man more than Butler/Hayward/IT. How do you even distribute the ball amongst these guys?

Coming off that injury, Bogut will be a free agent likely available for the minimum.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

He's a very good player. He's a tier 2 superstar.

Tier 1: Leonard, Westbrook, Lebron, Durant, etc.

He's in the same tier as guys like Derozan, Isiah Thomas, etc.
iceberg01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Can we merge this thread with the Free Agency thread? Getting confusing...

Thanks.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I very very much doubt hayward leaves utah. They have a good thing going there with him and gobort
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

exccccccellentt....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

richmorgan12 wrote:
Hayward can leave. Paul George cannot leave. He's under contract.
please give me Hayward this year for cheap(not that cheap but cheaper than some think) and PG next season. with a nice smidget of lonzo ball. That would be oh so perfect to start this next era. All we need then is a true Center that defends and can finish around the rim and also hit ft's at a decent clip.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Trading Paul George to Lakers or Celtics aren't only options for limited Pacers

Thanks to All-NBA voters, Indiana can't offer their star a max deal, but that doesn't preclude keeping him
Quote:
Losing a superstar like George is devastating. There's a reason teams try to avoid losing top players. The Magic traded Dwight Howard in 2012 and still haven't found a way back. It can take a decade to recover. So the Pacers are going to have to get together multiple plans, and fast, and know what they're doing to try and get ahead of the situation.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/trading-paul-george-to-lakers-or-celtics-arent-only-options-for-limited-pacers/
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I very very much doubt hayward leaves utah. They have a good thing going there with him and gobort

I think it is either Utah or Boston for him.

He played for Stevens in college and would be the next great white hope in Boston which we all know is an issue there.

However, I think Utah has a better team and would be a better long term fit for him. Utah has been making a lot of shrewd moves lately, they will probably work a sign and trade if it looks like they are going to lose him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I think it is either Utah or Boston for him.

He played for Stevens in college and would be the next great white hope in Boston which we all know is an issue there.

However, I think Utah has a better team and would be a better long term fit for him. Utah has been making a lot of shrewd moves lately, they will probably work a sign and trade if it looks like they are going to lose him.

I believe that Utah will retain Hayward but stranger things have happened.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: